Team Detroit

Updated December 11, 2014
3.9

Team Detroit President & CEO Satish Korde
Satish Korde

Pros
  • The work/life balance depends on the department and the supervisor (in 16 reviews)

• You get a great amount of time off, paid holidays, summer Fridays, etc (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises and very very limited opportunity for advancement, if any (in 11 reviews)

• low pay, low loyalty, hard to get what you want working though hr, name dropping (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work, just not stay

Former Employee - Digital Producer in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Digital Producer in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Team Detroit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Atmosphere is awesome. good perks

Cons

no raises, lots of turnover

Retain your employees, pay them better.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Team Detroit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible work hours and office culture is like being at home!

Cons

Getting salary increases and promotion means that you really have to control your career and work on a way to get visibility with upper management

Great atmosphere and culture!

Current Employee - Senior Web Analyst in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Web Analyst in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Team Detroit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very flexible and has a great work-life balance. Have the ability to easily move around into different departments of interest. I love that we get the week before Christmas off since we work within the automotive industry.

Cons

It's hard to obtain raises here because money from the client is only given out twice a year.

I would suggest that managers give more feedback on how you are able to grow and move up into your next role.

Great Learning experience

Current Employee - Art Director in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Art Director in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Team Detroit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great learning opportunities and balance between digital and traditional

Cons

A little too big for me hard to have access to all the projects

Continue doing great work

Great people, challenging work in an upbeat, energetic environment

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Team Detroit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If paid time off is important to you, you won't find many companies that can beat TD. Other benefits like company contributions to 401K, WPP profit sharing, Tuition Assistance and paid-time off help balance the slightly lower than industry average salaries for more entry-level positions. I have read a few reviews on Glassdoor that say that promotions and salary increases are non-existent; however, I found the exact opposite to be true. I think that misconception comes from the fact that promotions aren't tied directly to performance - meaning a performance review doesn't automatically come with an increase in salary. I was promoted multiple times and had consistent & fair increases over the course of my tenure. The leadership at Team Detroit is strong and I was always treated like I was a valued employee by all levels of management. I can (and have) recommended this company to my friends.

Cons

I don't have many 'cons' to report. I loved my job, I loved my managers and I loved working at Team Detroit. They are aware of their challenges and are always actively working to address them.

As TB would say, onward & upward!

Associate Creative Director

Current Employee - Associate Creative Director in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Associate Creative Director in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Team Detroit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Variety of things to work on (Digital, Print, TV, Social Media). Big client. Big budgets.

Cons

Internal Politics (think of the high school lunchroom), Low-risk Clients, Ignorant Clients as well as internal Team Detroit people.

Wonderful

I worked at Team Detroit

Pros

Great culture, creatively motivated. Invest in talent. Supports community

Cons

Client led leadership. Believe in and support your team. Leadership isn't aligned behind a vision

Reward innovation.

Lots of fun, but also lots of work.

Current Employee - Digital Media in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Digital Media in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Team Detroit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots going on at all times, concerts, people riding bikes inside, ping pong and pool games.

If you get a great manager it does open some great experiences and learnings for you.

Cons

Very difficult to get a raise, you often get lowballed coming in as they are one of the biggest joints in town. Lots of politics, and if your area supervisor isn't well liked, you will have trouble getting promoted and being taken care of. Seriously, paying full-time employee sub 40k in 2014 is a disgrace.

Go to the stakeholders and persuade them that actually retaining talent is much cheaper than replacing roles every year or so because they won't open up the purse strings. I have seen too many talented people leave because they have not been compensated.

Decent company with growth opportunities for those with a long term career horizon

I have been working at Team Detroit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, Summer Fridays, and flexible work-life balance. Team Detroit should offer many growth opportunities for the future as it expands globally.

Cons

Difficult to get a raise, unless you are promoted. Very political work environment, which is a damper on team cooperation.

Increase communication and management availability to discuss matters important to lower level employees. Deploy a new compensation system that is equitable to all employees, with salary bands for each position.

Crazy work- load, no raises, nice yet unhappy co-workers.

I have been working at Team Detroit full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

We have a great team and a generally pleasant work atmosphere.

Cons

Superficially we seem to have effective procedures in place, but many of the procedures are misdirected. There is no interdepartmental trust and little communication. Communication between different levels of management/employees is difficult and tacitly discouraged. All budget requests are dismissed although evidently the company is doing well. Morale is consistently low and turnover is high.

Extra time off is not a reward for excelling if the work load prevents you from taking it. Other artificial incentives border on insulting. Please pay your people what they're worth. It's the right thing to do and you would be rewarded with greater productivity, better morale, and less turnover.