Team TAG

4.1

Jamie Hepp

Home away from home.

I have been working at Team TAG full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The team atmosphere is fantastic. Everyone is open to helping each other no matter how long someone has been there; there's no seniority. They are my family now since I have no one in the area.

Cons

Training can be intense at times, but they give you all the tools to succeed. YOU are the one that needs to grab the bull horns. It is up to you to be great; just keep your head in the game.

Aug 12, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your positive review! We're glad to have you a part of the Team TAG family!

No benefits, they are not upfront about the salary, and it is way more work than necessary. Not worth it.

I worked at Team TAG part-time

Pros

Good sales experience, people are nice, the office is nice.

Cons

Too much work for so little pay.

Sep 24, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We typically like to discuss compensation with each individual candidate throughout the interview process and take in not only their experience, resume, and of course ... More

You have to have a strong, fighter mentality to work with Team TAG!

I have been working at Team TAG full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Team TAG has been an awesome experience for me. I was personally recruited by someone who was a top representative. I love the weekly work out nights. Personally, I would like to see the team play more soccer! I think it's a great way to bond in regular clothes instead of suits. The team atmosphere is what really attracted me to the company. It is really motivating to know that my coworkers really care about my success.

Cons

Not for sloppy people. Team TAG is all about professionalism and top quality interactions with our team and customers. If you can't give 110% this might not be the opportunity for you.

Play more soccer during work out nights! More company bonding events. I really enjoyed the Memorial Day kick ball because it broke from routine. I would like to see more events that are different from the normal weekly hangouts.

Jul 22, 2014HR Manager

Thank you so much for the positive review! We will take your advice into consideration to do more company events.

Nice Company and People

I have been working at Team TAG full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Boss
    The office space
    Culture
    Training is awesome it's 10 days.
    People show you how everything works

Cons

compensation is not much for someone who wanna fixed income, but for someone who wanna work hard the compensation is work more get more

Nothing

Jul 15, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for the review. We're glad you had a great experience with training! We think our 10 day training program is extremely thorough and is catered to each individual's learning style.

Opportunity to grow!

Current Employee - Energy Consultant in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Energy Consultant in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Team TAG full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Proper training from experienced coaches, everyone is young and ambitious! I love how every Wednesday we have Team night to mingle and to go out and have fun! Everyone is super motivating, and we are all working towards the same goals to have freedom of time and money and we keep each other going. There is also no cap to the checks we make as well which I love because, I rather be paid for my work merits then by time. The way I see it, we are getting free training to be entrepreneurs. I've probably learned more here than any class I've ever taken with all my years of schooling. Also, promotions are determined by ones self, rather than waiting for someone above you to get fired, for you to have a slight chance to take over.

Cons

The only con I can really think of is the challenge, but this also can be a good thing. Everyone needs to be pushed to their highest limit, so if you want to get pushed to be the best version of yourself then this would be great for you. If you don't want to be pushed, and be in the same spot for the next few years with no growth, this definitely won't fit. All in all, nothing worth having comes easy.

Keep it up!

Jul 15, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for the positive review! We think that our hands on training helps bring to life what one can learn in a classroom. We are also optimistic about your future with the company!

Is it too good to be true???

Former Employee - Account Representative in Culver City, CA

I worked at Team TAG full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can possibly earn a lot of money when you turn into a closer. Everyone is friendly and willing to help, including front desk lady and your coworkers. When they say that this is a place for personal growth, learning and leadership building, it is true. You'll be trained into having self-discipline because if you don't meet the target of today, everyone knows tomorrow -that definitely count as personal growth. You'll learn how to be convincing and sometimes very pushy to the friendly people who answer the doors because you need to meet the target. After you realized that you could be making only $1000/month when you don't meet the target, you'll totally want to work very hard and get promoted, in order to quit the "setter" position. After that you can hire your own "setter", and make more money from the proposal they get by closing the sales -so you do become a leader who pass on missions to the followers!

Finally, the company is kind enough to lend you money when you don't make anything that week, and they put it in a very kind way, "when you make less than your hourly salary, you'll get your hourly wage for the week, and that money will be deducted from your next paycheck when you make more than hourly wage". Did I mention that they pay $8/hr and only count from 12:30pm to 8pm (minus 40min lunch time), although your work actually started from 11:30 as a setter, and you could be spending $100+ on gas weekly for work? Of course they don't cover the gas! Who cares about gas and hourly pay when your goal is to earn big money?

Cons

Door to door sales, commission based. Unnecessary stress given in the morning meetings. When everyone's goal has became "owning a company and freedom of time and money", you might wonder, how come everyone wants the same thing? Did god plant the word "owning-a-company" into human nature? Or did the company plant the same goal into all of their employees? Is it in the culture? Or is it in the water they drink? Oops, my fault, they don't offer water.

I respect the business, and I believe that less morning meetings will help employees to be more rested and ready for the afternoon work. Suggesting 3 morning meetings a week instead of 5.

Jun 24, 2014President

This is great feedback. It's unfortunate that you wouldn't recommend the experience or position, however, your feedback is valuable to us along the journey of improving the company year over year ... More

Must be resilient

Former Employee - Account Representative in Culver City, CA

I worked at Team TAG full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Mentorship. Everyone is willing to help (especially Assistant Manager Sam and trainer Elo)... All those in leadership roles want you to do well, even if you aren't in their team. If you are lucky enough to find a leader (or leaders) that you click with and trust, it can be very rewarding. But not every leader knows how to vary their coaching style for different learning styles. An easy solution is to just ask for help.

For those who stick for a long time and can handle the commission, it's a great selling point for future interviews.

Growth is good and doable. But you have to be willing to go the extra mile-- personal recruiting, sales etc.

I would recommend this to a friend... but only the right friend. Only a certain type of person with a certain type of work ethic would be able to last more than 3 months.

Cons

-Not a lot of work-life balance. Your partner must be VERY understanding or willing to go with you to team nights/sweat nights etc. I've seen people get stressed because their partners/families don't understand the amount of hours you must give in order to succeed. My partner was super supportive, but I'll admit it wasn't completely tense-free.

-For the laid back: You will be judged based on how you dress/look. If you want a place where you can just wear jeans and a t-shirt, this isn't for you. It's a suit-and-tie place. They will require you to dress sharp.

-it's a small group. When there is tension... you WILL feel it.

-rejection (you have to have thick skin)

More workshops for leaders on how to coach. A blunt person, for example, may easily offend a more reserved learner. The DISC assessment is very valuable for this. I know I learned a lot when I was introduced DISC.

Jun 4, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for all the feedback! We will definitely pass on the kind words to Sam and Elo as well. It sounds like you had a great student mentality and strong work ethic! We hope you learned a lot ... More

Good opportunity, uncapped advancement potential

Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Culver City, CA

I worked at Team TAG full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere is lively and motivational. I enjoyed learning from colleagues that genuinely wanted to see you succeed and could share their own success stories.

Very good training material content and approach to sales and marketing. Transferable skills like leadership, management, and organization are taught and mandatory.

Earning potential is uncapped and determined solely by hard work and results

Cons

You need to come in with a business owner mindset and be determined and courageous to succeed.

Entails lots of commuting to the office and the field.

Time off is unpopular and unpaid.

The new recruit on-boarding process should be more thorough. The one on one coaching is only very effective if the leader is very knowledgeable and competent.

Consider compensation for gas money or encouragement of carpooling where feasible.

Explain the job requirements and opportunities for advancement in more detail during interview process.

Jun 17, 2014HR Manager

Thank you so much for your review. We'll definitely discuss with the team about our on-boarding process to make it more detailed. Please email us directly if you have any specific suggestions on ... More

Typical Sales, Not for Some People

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Team TAG part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Young group of hard workers, better than my last sales position filled with a bunch of 40-somethings. Your success is based on your effort.

Cons

Hard work, long hours, constant rejection. Not for some people. When they say you're responsible for your own outcome they mean it, as in little help is actually provided.

Jun 4, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We're sorry that this we weren't a good fit for you at this time and we wish you the best of luck. We will definitely work on improving our training and workshops in ... More

BEST EXPERIENCE FOR A FRESH COLLEGE GRAD

I have been working at Team TAG full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The amount of knowledge you are able to gain and practice while working here is unmatched. In simple terms, this position is like getting an MBA at a renowned college, except instead of paying tuition, you get paid to get this experience. I love the fact that this company prides itself on personal and professional growth through goal setting and the usage of the systems. The work environment is energetic, friendly and everyone is so willing to help each other.

Cons

Long hours, 100% commission based, dealing with rejection on a daily basis, YOU WILL BE CHALLENGED. But in the end, it'll be worth it.

Keep up the great work, one of the best companies I will ever work for

Jun 17, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your positive review. We're glad to hear that you are experience personal and professional growth. We hope to help you grow even further within in the company!