Teavana

Teavana Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Teavana CEO Andrew T. Mack

Andrew T. Mack

Pros:
  • "Have a mock store in the corporate office, so you get to drink free tea all day,"
    in 87 reviews
  • "The company itself is amazing it is a great place to work you learn a lot about tea and it's fun"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "If you have a shred of intelligence, the mind-numbing sales process will drive you crazy"
    in 35 reviews
  • "They give you a bonus if you make your sales goals AND the store makes its"
    in 29 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company with great benefits

Team Lead (Current Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Teavana part-time for more than a year

ProsOwned by Starbucks, provides great health benefits even for part time employees. Company is rapidly expanding so there are a lot of opportunities for moving up.

ConsHow many hours you work are based on your sales performance and you are on commission so if you are uncomfortable with sales, you may want to look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to still get commission even if you don't make your goal

Great. The people are super nice and friendly. Everyone is devoted and dedicated to the brand and comapny

Allocator (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Teavana full-time for more than a year

ProsDedicated workers. Everyone is passionated about the brand of Teavana. Great energy around the company. Have a mock store in the corporate office, so you get to drink free tea all day,

ConsVP's are leaving frequently
Workers are quitting frequently due to the lack of supervising

Amazingly fun place to work

Team Member (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Teavana part-time for less than a year

ProsAll you can drink tea while you work, employee discount, bonus incentives, and an all around fun environment to work in. If you love talking to people, making sales and amazing tea this is the place for you.

ConsHours are determined by sales and pay is relatively low if you don't bonus.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Funniest job ever!

I have been working at Teavana

ProsGreat people, interesting product, family like team, friendly high energy environment, delicious cups of tea! The best part time job I ever had!

ConsDoes not pay much (literally the only con) I know I need 20 words but sorry not many cons for teavana!

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for caring about your team, keep it up!

Amazing, feels like a second home.

Team Member (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Teavana part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat Environment, Dream Management, Bonus Checks

ConsSuccess in the company is solely based on sales per hour. Must be a proficient sales associate

Fun and challenging.

I have been working at Teavana full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat area manager very supportive.

ConsCompany takes time about promoting.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote

Lots of area for opportunity, fun job! Great experience so far"

Manager (Current Employee)
Oshawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Teavana full-time for more than a year

ProsRapid growth, leadership conferences, flights to Atlanta, Georgia, benefits"

ConsThere is regular commission sales pressure.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to drink tea.

The best job Ive ever had

GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Teavana full-time for more than a year

ProsThis has to be the only retail company on earth that promotes so quickly and really takes care of their employees. How many people can say they've met with the CEO of their company on more than one occasion, and I only work in a store, nowhere near the corporate offices.

Consthere are absolutely none. you work hard, you get rewarded, period.

Great company

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Teavana full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat company,good benefits supportive upper management.

ConsDon't change anything and continue to be supportive.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change anything.

Couldn't think of a better place to work!

Barista (Current Employee)

I have been working at Teavana part-time for more than a year

ProsI've been a Teavana barista for over two years now and I have loved my experience here. Tea is something I grew up drinking from a very young age so I had an early passion for it. I feel good working for a company that sells something that benefits your body, and may even cut your medical bills in half.

I've worked at two different locations in the Atlanta area and I have loved the people that I work with and they have created a great environment for me to grow. With just about any retail store, employees come and go and I have had the opportunity to train the new employees which has been greatly rewarding.

Opportunities to move up in the company are great, as long as you are following the sales process and you are working hard. People that really love what they are selling can easily move up and make a comfortable living. Most retail stores don't give you that kind of chance. I am finishing my degree in International Affairs next year and will definitely try to get a job at the Teavana corporate office.

Teavana was recently bought out by Starbucks. This made many uncomfortable since Starbucks was a Teavana competitor, at least at the retail level. I consider this a pro since Starbucks has an awesome reputation for treating their employees well and the benefits of being a Starbucks employee are great. Since Teavana has been bought out, Teavana employees have access to these Starbucks benefits.

ConsA Teavana work experience varies from store to store. It is all really based around the attitudes of the employees and how that shapes your work day.

Since most of the employees are younger, sometimes they can get wrapped up in work/sales drama or they become too involved in the social life of their employees. This has never been an issue for me because I seldom get involved in work social life.

The sales process is something that many employees complain about, or don't fully understand, but it is the process that makes a store flourish - Yes standing at the sample cart may not be the most enjoyable part of your work day, but everyone has to do it and you have to learn how to make it fun, and enjoy it. No body likes to work with people that complain.

My advice to a future sales employee:
Come to work with a smile, enjoy your employees and encourage them, but don't get involved in sales drama, and avoid arguments with your employees. You don't have to make friends at work to enjoy your work environment, you just need to have positive energy. Other employees will feed off of it and so will the customers. When employees come to work with a positive attitude, it makes a huge difference and this will vary from store to store.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to train your employees well. Selling tea can be difficult, and if your employees don't understand the quality of what they are selling, your store won't make good profit. Keep up the good work!

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teavana reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teavana CEO Andrew T. Mack. All 246 reviews posted anonymously by Teavana employees.