Teavana Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Love my location, Corporate could use some work.

I have been working at Teavana part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, all you can drink tea during shifts, good products, discounts with starbucks and markouts.

Cons

Highly competitive, hours based off sales per hour (completely skewed), company changes procedures and sales process every week with little to no communication, no training. Customers can be extremely rude and frustrating (get used to hot tea spilled on you).

Advice to Management

Better training, less pushy sales tactics. We've lost so many customers because of the sales process that doesn't take customer needs into consideration.

field manager

Current Employee - Field Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Field Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Teavana (More than 5 years)

Pros

30% discount, great tea, Great training tools with Block cards, work independently, lap top and ipad use in the field, great co-workers and some very long time partners who are loyal to the brand.

Cons

You work 7 days a week. Literally! daily conference calls sometimes too many in a day, no notice from upper management for calendar changes or visits. The state of the business is not good. A lot of high stress. No work life balance. Executives are hiring outside the company to fill all positions thinking it will save the business. Company has gone through 4 Vice presidents in 2 years. It appears executives are throwing spaghetti at a wall and seeing what sticks. Its very sad considering Teavana use to be a great place to work and since the Starbucks buy-out the company has gone down hill. Company will be downsizing but no one wants to talk about that nor notify field management when stores will close.

Advice to Management

Tell us what's really going on don't beat around the bush. If upper management expects us to work 7 days a week then make that up with pay. With hours we put in we might as well be a barista at Starbucks. Have incentives for upper management since no one is making a bonus. Change the bonus system and field leaders will be more motivated to turn around the business. Pay us what Starbucks upper management makes and treat us as = and not the Teavana red headed step child of Starbucks. Working us 7 days a weeks will not turn around the business. Even God rested on the 7th day. This just turns partners to despise the job and look for employment outside the company.

Specialty retail

Current Employee - Team Lead
    Current Employee - Team Lead

I have been working at Teavana

Pros

Fun products. Tasty tea. Decent benefits.

Cons

Too much stress to make unrealistic sales goals. Pressure to sell a certain way

Advice to Management

trust your employees to do their jobs- they know their customers

5. Sale associate

I worked at Teavana

Pros

Being able to try all the different teas

Cons

unrealistic hourly goals that are not reachable

6. In store

I worked at Teavana

Pros

Discounts, close to house, free tea during shifts,

Cons

Shady selling to consumers by over weighing

If you REALLY need a job, or like pushy sales.

I worked at Teavana part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounted tea.. as much free tea as you can drink during your shift, as well as starbucks perks
    Most of my coworkers were nice.
    That's probably it...

Cons

SUPER pushy sales and SUPER by-the-book strict sales methods, at least at the store I was at.
    Even though there was "training"- mine was never completed correctly and I felt super nervous when I was put in the store to sell. I've had other sales jobs where I fit in better, this was just too much for me.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the pushy sales tactics, it's not exactly logical to expect to sample tea, pull in a customer, and right away sell them a $500 cast iron set.
    Maybe give the employees a little more room to work with their own sales techniques that they may be more comfortable with.

8. Great place to work if you love tea

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Teavana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Care, Dental, Vision, College Payment and a good discount at Starbucks/Teavana and various discount offers.

Cons

Low pay, small hours, commission based sales make very competitive environment.

Advice to Management

Corporate makes constant effort to communicate to stores and better improve profits in stores. Listen to upper management and manage talent in stores to make your experience better in store.

Team member

Current Employee - Retail/Barista in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Retail/Barista in Warren, MI

I have been working at Teavana part-time (More than a year)

Pros

free cups to drink on the clock and a pretty nice discount. Other than that teavana has nothing.

Cons

Very unorganized sales process, cut throat sales environment, high expectations for such little pay,raises and promotions are a huge joke. Hands down the worst company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Pay higher for your employee if you're going to expect so much. Also your "bonus" is basically stealing from all your employees while they're trying to sell your overpriced merchandise.

10. Tea life

I have been working at Teavana

Pros

Drink tea all day, clean environment

Cons

low compensation, high sales goals

11. Nice chill job. Can be stressful on Saturdays and sundays, especially during holiday season

Former Employee - Barista in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Barista in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Teavana

Pros

Fun. Good pay. Benefits. Great staff

Cons

Stressful at times. Rude customers.

Advice to Management

Get a separate stock person

RSS Feed </> Embed