Tec-Masters Reviews

3.1

Marvin P. Carroll

IT Project Manager & Health care IT Design.

Former Employee - IT Project Manager  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Tec-Masters full-time

Pros

34 years exp. In Federal IT Area's

Cons

To much travel over last 6 years

hire more people

Just another number

I have been working at Tec-Masters as a contractor

Pros

The benefits are good and the repayment of expenses is prompt. The on-boarding process seemed as efficient as can be expected. The wages seemed fairly competitive, though were dictated by the contract.

Cons

We are just numbers at Tec-Masters. With the sequester occurring, we all felt there could be issues with our federal contract and ultimately our future employment. Unfortunately we were assured that all was well with the contract and that there would be no issues; we were funded for a year. Two weeks later we were informed that the project was scoped down and that mobile engineers would no longer be needed.

This is a situation where we could have been advised that there was a fair chance that we could lose our positions weeks earlier. Rather than being set at ease, let us know the real chances or even that you as a company don't know, but least of all give us a false sense of security.

We were given a two weeks notice. If there was genuine concern for the employees, as we have been told so many times before, we could have been given some heads up to better prepare and put out resumes.

Finally if it truly came as a surprise, then the contract managers need to have better communication with the federal client. There is a lack of situational awareness that can affect the overall stability of the contract and ultimately ones employment security.

I would suggest that you be honest with your employees and not worry if they are going to leave. If you have a good relationship with your contractors, and are up front and honest with them, yes many will have a plan B and sure some will leave, but you will know the ones that stay are the loyal ones. Don't get so calloused that you forget the faces behind the numbers, we know and understand that we can be released with a two week notice, it does not mean that you have no further responsibility to your employees after a notice is served.

I would also suggest having a better line of communication with the federal client. It is unlikely that discussions of this type were made at the zero hour without anyone's knowledge. By strengthening the relationship with the client the layoff may have been minimized and at the very least a longer timeline for reduction established.

Employee-Focused

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Fort Sill, OK
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Fort Sill, OK

I worked at Tec-Masters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredibly supportive small business. My bosses were focused on the client needs, but checked in with me frequently to see how I was doing and what I might need.

Cons

It's a small company. Is they have a contract, you have a job. When the contract ends, there may not be another project within the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IA Security

Former Employee - Cyber Security  in  Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Cyber Security in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Tec-Masters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not much to say about it

Cons

-Informed the employee will have one certain job but ended up putting in a different position
    -Poor compensation
    -HR and all management not well communication at all and you will never hear back from them until you have bothered them over and over. Only get response from the management after 5+ emails
    -Stay away from this place at all cause
    -While my stay with this company I had several other co workers leave because of the same reason

Try to make better management team, HR and response time. The HR team has no clue what they are doing; they never email back their employees.

How I am laid off

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Tec-Masters as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Work is ok, but it could be better.

Cons

People unrelated to my hiring inform me that I, plus several other people, will be laid off. Nothing in writing as of yet and less than two week before the last day, so no two week notice. The boss keeps saying he does not know. God help me!

Get some balls please! If I need to be let go, don't hide it! That's why you are paid the big bucks!

Exceptional Workplace and Employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Tec-Masters

Pros

- Every voice is heard
    - Work hard - have fun
    - You're never put in a " Box". Free thinking is encouraged.
    - Great people - Team atmosphere. "People" are what's important - not Just the bottom line
    - Great benefits

Cons

- It is primarily a Government Contractor which brings with it some uncertainty...as is true with numerous companies in Huntsville, AL. I have witnessed Management go to great efforts placing employees for continued monitary coverage due to ending contracts. The President has personally "carried" numerous employees until coverage is secured. All the Management truly cares about each individual employee.

Empower your people and the benefits will follow

Current Employee - Do Not Want to Say  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Do Not Want to Say in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Tec-Masters

Pros

The benefits package is the best.

Cons

The CEO is racist towards his own people and pays by whether he likes you or someone has not lied and started a rumor about you.

They need to be trained on current business practices.

Worked for Tec-Masters? Contribute to the Community!