Tech Data Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Tech Data CEO and Director Bob Dutkowsky
Bob Dutkowsky

Pros
  • Pros: Great people to work with (in 14 reviews)

• This is a great place to understand technology (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Turnover is high in many departments - many are leaving due to low pay (in 11 reviews)

• The management team continuously over commit and look towards development staff to bail them out by working long hours (in 4 reviews)

Stable, steady, and productive

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data

Pros

Job security is very high for IT sector, working environment is fair and friendly. My supervisory chain is highly qualified and values my contributions. My particular job is one that gives me great personal satisfaction, and I take pride in doing my job well for the benefit of my customers and the company. I have the autonomy to structure my day and working methodology to suit my skill set. My management is very accommodating of my needs in terms of work/life balance; I keep a very regular schedule, and I do not encounter difficulties when I need time off. The corporate culture is diverse, and ethically-based.

Cons

Jobs at Tech Data can be stressful, primarily due to the razor-thin margins of this industry (wholesale IT distribution); this forces the company to be conservative and thoughtful about any significant new undertakings, and staffing is thin for the workload; market and economic pressures are more difficult to weather in an industry of <2% operating income.

Advice to Management

I think that many people that work at Tech Data may not realize what it's like "out there", in that other corporate cultures are significantly more rigid and arbitrary; and people don't realize how well they have it until they leave. Grass is greener, and all that. This is in evidence due to the number of people who leave, ostensibly for other opportunities, but then return to Tech Data when they discover that the real world is not very forgiving. I think that better communication about our competition, and about how Tech Data compares in terms of working enviornment compared to other employers might help mitigate any misperceptions.

Great place to work !

Former Employee - Product Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Tech Data

Pros

Great people work there. Great Benefits and Management very professional.

Cons

No College Degree can hinder your progression.

Advice to Management

No advise.

3. Excellent company, staff and leadership team that delivers results and provides wonderful opportunities to grow

Current Employee - Long Tenured 19 Year Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Long Tenured 19 Year Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data

Pros

Tech Data is a great company to work for and this stems from the culture that the executive team has grown. Each employee is empowered to do their best; with many employees starting at the bottom rung and progressing to high level positions within the organization. The culture starts with a passion for winning, teamwork, partnership, integrity and respect, communication and accountability. I have had numerous career opportunities throughout my tenure with the organization and Tech Data rewards those who achieve results. The company has an excellent benefits package, career opportunities, over seas assignments if one is interested, lateral transfers as a means to learn something new, in-house training, education reimbursement and with the empowerment of the staff anything is possible if you work for it. The senior management team is top notch and Tech Data exceeds in many categories as a great place to work. I am happy and proud to be an employee here!

Cons

Really can not think of any specific grievance. Tech Data, it's employees, management team, customers, vendors and partners are all great to work with. Tech Data is a high volume environment, razor thin margins and operates in a tough marketplace - therefore some days are tough. But when you rise to the occasion, the company will reward you for performance.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I would advise someone in management review some of the comments on Glassdoor - funny how some people have a different prespective of the same company. Everyone I work with in sales, marketing, customer service, IT, logistics, credit, finance and other groups are very tenured employees and absolutely love it at Tech Data.

5. Excellent Employer

Current Employee - Middle Management in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Tech Data cares for its employees and provides each employee numerous opportunities to learn and advance in their careers. The management team is top notch and strives to improve constantly the level of communication, rapport and pursuit of goals with the employees. Your not just a number at Tech Data, you make a significant difference in the role you serve in and for those interested, Tech Data and its employees also make a significant impact in the community for charitable causes.

Cons

None really. Truly enjoy working at Tech Data.

Advice to Management

Continue with your management techniques - its working. The company is fiscally strong, employees are engaged, we are gaining market share and growing revenue/margin at impressive rates. Feels good to be a part of a winning team!

6. Best job I ever had.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at Tech Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can't speak to the Clearwater campus as I work in another location. These are the most friendly, accommodating people I have ever worked with. This includes management. The company goes further to make an employee feel appreciated than any place I have ever worked.

Cons

Not the best wage I have ever had, but the pros more than make up for that.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on.

7. Great company with room for advancement.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Fontana, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Fontana, CA

I worked at Tech Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

location, room for advancement, great leadership

Cons

Autocratic leadership that is not very receptive to different opinions

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

8. best company ever

I worked at Tech Data

Pros

always motivating you alot of trips can be own alot of tchnology

Cons

hard to move up the corporate ladder

Company Amazing, Middle Managers Horrible, Watch out for

I worked at Tech Data

Pros

large company, many positions to eventually move into/up to with manager approval

Cons

managers favor people and co workers wait until every april for reviews to get promotions or transfer, thus no one is your friend.

Advice to Management

Get finances in order and pay more attention to talent

10. Great Company

Former Employee - Account Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Tech Data full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great support from senior management

Cons

Little patience for non producers. Ad value quickly or expect to be canned

Advice to Management

Keep up the good works

11. Amazing global organization

Current Employee - IT Management in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - IT Management in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Incredible and dynamic company in a very complex marketplace providing high tech logistics, distribution, mobility and 3PL services to 115,000 resellers. The company has many different career opportunities in various departments with much advancement and promotional opportunities based upon the abilities and merits of the individual. Great benefits package and work-life balance.

Cons

This company is not for the weak. With the proper attitude, skills and teamwork an individual can easily grow with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

RSS Feed </> Embed