Tech Data

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tech Data CEO and Director Bob Dutkowsky

Bob Dutkowsky

Pros
  • Great people work here and seemed to me most were happy working for Tech Data (in 9 reviews)

• Work/life balance is good if you're not in management (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The management team continuously over commit and look towards development staff to bail them out by working long hours (in 4 reviews)

• Turnover is high in many departments - many are leaving due to low pay (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

best company ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosalways motivating you alot of trips can be own alot of tchnology

Conshard to move up the corporate ladder

Great for a large corporation

Administrator II (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsGreat benefits, even for part time! Varies tremendously by department. Sales, for instance, provides a lot of opportunities, and Customer Care really has your back and your career.

ConsLarge corporation mean endless red-tape. Things move slowly in large corporations, politics abound. Most else will vary by department. Purchasing offers little room for growth, for instance; and does not compensate fairly.

Advice to Senior ManagementInterdepartmental training would really be great to get people outside their little bubbles to be part of the whole company.

Don't stay too long. If you're not moving up in the first 2 years, you are not moving up. Move on.

ProsDecent benefits for a corporation.

ConsWe talk about ethics, but end up nearly getting delisted from Nasdaq. You do the math. Management is always changing guard. In good times and bad, employees are expected to tighten their belts. In the past 15 years, 5 of the years have seen pay freezes. 401 k match remains suspended to date.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gained valuable experience....to use elsewhere

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsDevelopment of skill sets, learning the business, co-workers.

ConsExecutive leadership decisions that severely impact your success, marketing managers that have no business in that role, little coaching/development help, questionable promotions for individuals who bring little value, compensation is a JOKE compared to industry and area.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo you notice top talent leaving? May want to devise a plan and career path that retains your employees. Refresh your marketing managers as some have been in same position for years and offer no value anymore.

Good company

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsOpportunities, visibility to upper management

ConsDistribution of work seems unbalanced, but that's probably the case everywhere

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the people who are always doing the work and not always talking about the work

Low pay, nice environment

Human Resources Senior Associate (Former Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsGlobal Organization, Big company in the Tampa Bay Area, Work-Life balance, Education reimbursement.

ConsPay practices (below the market), Career opportunities,

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate your pay practices

Simple work, ridiculous politics

Manager, Area Logistics (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe company is very aware of the need for SOPs, especially safety. The facility was kept relatively clean. There was a training resource center available to associates. It's a 3PL, so the work was a no-brainer.

ConsWAY too many politics for what is essentially a warehouse. Senior management at the branch level WAY too interested in power a cushioning themselves from blame. If they cannot burn you without throwing themselves on the flame, they will get another senior manager to do it for them. Had my suggestions shot down, only to be submitted by my senior manager as his own. They had too many eggs in one basket with a single account and would not heed to obvious suggestions when I raised about diversification. The writing was on the wall and after I left, that account was lost, resulting in loss of revenue and loss of jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementHope it has changed since I left, but many perfectly qualified and valuable people were marginalized over inner-office politics. Let the managers manage the work and keep senior management in their offices. Don't be so afraid of unionization that you let the associates dictate the policies.

Opportunities

Accounting (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsGreat company, with a lot of opportunities for new responsibilities

ConsThe pay is below average for the Clearwater area

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to pay your top performers, a bit more than average

Great company!

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGrowth, Stable, Opportunities, Connections, Great perks

Conscompensation, corporate policy, politics, hours, professionalism

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better attention to who you says things to...Some information should remain in HR. Too much mingling occurs between work and personal lives. THe industry seems to be very small and word travels quickly.

review

Prosgrowth, opportunity, location, co workers

Conscompensation, job titles, hard to move departments

Worked for Tech Data? Contribute to the Community!