Tech Mahindra

Tech Mahindra Reviews in Mumbai India

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Tech Mahindra Managing Director CP Gurnani

CP Gurnani

Pros
  • Work / Life balance: I usually went in in mornings, though afternoons are generally free(in 69 reviews)

• More onsite opportunities are available in TechM as compared to other companies(in 101 reviews)

Cons
  • Some managers are VERY demanding and don't understand the concept of work-life balance(in 42 reviews)

• Poor Resource management and less career growth with negligible salary hike(in 51 reviews)

71 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I had a satisfying experience of both ups and downs in the 28 months spent at Tech Mahindra Limited.

Technical Associate (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

Pros1. Robust Training Structure
    2. Onsite Opportunities

Cons1. Salary not as per industry standards.
    2. Appraisal system needs to be changed.

Technical associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGreat learning experience, Concentrated on single vertical and lot of experts.

ConsLow compensation, Rigid Management, Transfer not to different projects not easy

Advice to Senior ManagementThinking of the soldier in army is more important as the soldier is the one who fights the battle... So needs more consideration on lower employees....

Associate Technical Architect at Tech Mahindra

Senior Associate TG2 Technical (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGood Company Good opportunities in work

ConsNo policies in place for work from home. No policies are proper and employee friendly

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to retain the good resources otherwise it will count much to you later

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

nice

Technical Associate (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

Prosgood env.liked the work that was given. not very technical

Conssalary was less.not much growth

Customer Service Advisor- Tech Mahindra BBusiness Services

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsThe work culture is good

ConsThey offer poor package to the new comers

Advice to Senior Management.

Oppurtunities

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsConstant Growth,Projects,Clients,Constant Learning,Various Domains to work upon,Various technolgies.

ConsInternal Management,Onsite Oppurtunities,transfer Policy,No Client parties,No Release from projects easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate the mangement processess

Merger making the life of employess Hell

Test Engineer (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

Pros1.Good learning experience
    2.Good clients so the tools and resources used are premium
    3. Very good exposure
    4.cooperative collegues and seniors

Cons1. constant changing policies, not keeping empoyees welfare in mind
    2. reduction in pays and incentives month after month
    3.less leaves and holidays, 9.5 hours of work hours with only 1 hour of flexibility
    4. average pay but worst increments

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease understand the employees, make such policies that would reduce frustration rather than adding to it

You better not start your career here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGood opportunities to interact with clients and get a lot of responsibility in your early years of career.

ConsThe responsibilities might get a bit too much. And software quality is given less importance but speed of delivering software deliverables is prioritized. Lots of bad software engineering practices. Peer knowledge was limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would ask the management to respect engineers and not treat them as mere resources. Give them compensation depending on their contributions. They way you discriminate BSc candidates from BTech candidates in terms of compensation is truly unfair.

You have a chance to RISE if lucky

Technical Associate (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGood Friends, Transport faccility, Service desk is supportative well. Events are held much,

ConsNo motivation,much pressure, 9.5 hr work compulsory,

Advice to Senior ManagementRISE like other company

Get in, get out!

Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsThe company seems to have a knack to stay afloat. Unfortunately, it is at the cost of the employees. However, when things are looking down worldwide, it is a good thing. A good place for just-out-of-college employees. There is a lot to learn. But I guess that is the case with any new activity you embark on. The initial learning curve is high.

ConsVery very bureaucratic. No respect for employees whatsoever. Extremely slow growth unless you are very very lucky.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo respect the fact that the employees make you what you are. Seriously!

Worked for Tech Mahindra? Contribute to the Community!