TechFlow

Be The First To
Add Photos

Larry M. Trammell

Pretty good

Applications Developer (Current Employee)

ProsI primarily telework for TechFlow so I don't get a front row seat any politics that may occur at the main office. Some other reviewers mentioned management issues, and that's something I really haven't experienced, probably because I'm not physically at the main office to witness any of this.

Since TechFlow has a lot of telework employees, the company meetings and conferences are nicely set up to accommodate them. Most employees at the main office are very accommodating to telework employees, making it very easy to work together with co-workers at the main office.

As a telework employee, work hours are flexible, although, you still have to be present for meetings. Most meetings are in west coast time, which doesn't bother me.

Training is encouraged and paid for. Maybe it's me, but I've always found that management is very eager to listen to employee's comments and constructive criticism, even for telework employees.

I've worked on two major projects while I've been here. The first one had a horrible project manager who stressed out about everything and could never say no to the customers. He didn't last very long at TechFlow, and either quit or was laid off (I'm not sure what happened to him). The next project I've worked on has been a million times better and seems much more organized and peaceful. I've concluded that the discrepancies between the two managers is not reflective of the company as a whole. However, if the company had let the bad manager stick around, then maybe I would feel differently about it.

ConsTechFlow is still trying to find their signature project management methodology. Every project is run slightly different, because in the past, at least one project on delivery was a disaster (due to a customer/developer miscommunication) and another project severely ran past the deadline. This has caused TechFlow to lose the bid for a major contract recently.

Anyway, as a result, upper management has been really antsy about running new projects and following new project methodologies to a T.

But TechFlow is still getting new contracts, even if they lost the bid for a major one recently. I'm not particularly concerned with my future here at the moment, and they have definitely shown that they can change things at the drop of the hat. TechFlow aren't like other companies that I've worked for where the managers refuse to change anything and are running everything into the ground. They are instead much more west coast style, very fluid kind of company. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your tolerance.

Company lacking innovation

Applications Developer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsSome good people there
    Decent pay and work life balance
    Walking distance to a lot of restaurants
    Close to several highways

ConsOffice politics with upper management throwing each other under the bus frequently - awkward
    Lack of leadership
    Outdated technologies
    Poor culture and low moral
    Developers are taken for granted
    Dev's are not given any say on what technologies to use or design choices
    Feels like I am just another resource
    Employees jumping ship weekly

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish some moral and sense of collaboration/teamwork
    Take notice at the alarming rate people are leaving the company
    Stop taking employees for granted
    Needs to be some separation of duties

Management Has Issues

Applications Developer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsDecent Pay
    Menial/Easy Work
    Flexible Hours
    You'll probably be the smartest in the room

ConsManagement
    No Growth
    Weak Products
    Weak CM Team
    Weak infrastructure

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

fantastic

Prosgreat people to work with - very professional

Consnone that come to mind

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat coworkers! Used to have great company party.

ConsNo room for growth, unappreciative managers, salaries are bad.

Techflow is a company where you work day in and day out but cannot grow.

Support (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsRelatively simple job with stable, but lower pay.

ConsNo growth as a worker. This job can be almost treated as a dead end.

review

Proscan do flexible work hours

Conspay is not good there.

This job is very rewarding because it is a lot of customer service and intensive technical troubleshooting.

Software Support Analyst (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsComfortable environment, friendly co-workers, convenient location, great team work, super friendly supervisors, occasional holiday work parties, special holiday mini-gifts, cool break room + vending machines!

ConsSmall company, sometimes have to stay overtime when working with high priority issues, will get kind of stressful when it is near the end of fiscal year end.

Great

Computer Operator (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGood environment to work and great management team.

ConsUpward mobility in job position.

Worked for TechFlow? Contribute to the Community!