TechHealth

Updated Jun 22, 2014

Tom Sweet

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company created an exceptional work environment. It was like working as a family. The staff were all easy to get along with and there was flexibility with school and life situations. The technology was more advanced than others in the industry.

ConsThe communication between departments lacked. Policies implemented were not always followed or consistent causing possible conflicts between staffs.

Decent pay great work.

ProsThe pay is actually pretty decent, the salary is competitive. Vacation paid time off is generous. You will never see a dull moment in the work place. Some managers really work hard to get you to succeed. I forged strong bonds with some co-workers.

ConsNepotism is very strong here, also moving up is about who you know and unfortunately not about your work performance. It use to not be that way, but in the past few years I've seen a lot of negative changes. Management shows favoritism towards their "buddy buddy" employees, and don't get on their bad side or you'll be written up without a doubt. Some of the management staff are poorly trained and lack effective communication skills to properly be able to relay their requirements with employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPretty great place to work with some awesome co-workers and some management staff. Management stop always saying "work hard and you won't have an issue", that is partly true but more so false. If you provide proper training then more employees will succeed. Don't lay off a bunch of people and expect everyone to do the same quality work with double the load.

Review

ProsFlexibility depending on the department you worked in.

ConsNepatism abounds, Your ability to move up in the company solely depended on who you knew.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was a good thing the company was sold.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

How will be buy-out change this great company?

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe previous CEO, Tom Sweet was always looking for new ideas. The exec's used to promote innovation and new ideas. They would listen to employees at all levels.

ConsNow that the company was bought by One Call, everything is changing. We are closing operations and they don't listen to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep some of the original TechHealth ideas alive.

Overall, it was a good experience

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe environment, management, technical procedure were all excellent. It was one of the best places I've ever worked at. It felt like I was working among family and everyone worked as a group not as individuals.

ConsThe product architecture wasn't well designed from the start but that was years before I started working. Updating and managing the product was a hassle but doable with experience.

So much potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat staff. Very dedicated and care about patients

ConsNo established vision and goals

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at the moment

Getting bought out

ProsGood place to work so far, most co-workers are friendly and approachable.

ConsGetting taken over by One Call Care Management so employees will be moving or losing their jobs.

Going through a buy out now

Product Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsTech Health was a great company to work for. I stopped in to share ideas with the CEO and COO many times. They were always working on new innovations. Process engineering is a department reporting to the CEO, so making changes is a core part of their culture. Technology is a big part of what they do.

ConsThe company was sold and will be become part of the One Call company, so a lot of things will change.

Advice to Senior ManagementTech Health was sold for a very good price or multiple, so management will change.

Best employer...great environment, great support from management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe management staff has great support from their leadership teams and they seem to be on one accord with regard to policy implementation and following procedure. At least everyone seems to be consistent across the board with how the departments are run...

ConsIf anything, I'd say the company always seems to be laying off more employees. I don't know if that means they are or are not doing well. But they usually are good about communicating these things to the employees so at least they have time to formulate a plan B.

I currently find this company's mission to be succesful

ProsI have found that through the years I have worked with this company, that my time was well spent. The company performs very well, and is under protected and efficient care with the respectable and dependable management team.

ConsThis company has high expectations and big dreams, be prepared to work.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing as you are. You have proven yourself successful in all ways.

Worked for TechHealth? Contribute to the Community!