TechLink Systems

Jane Kim

Technical Recruiter at TechLink Systems - San Francisco, CA

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at TechLink Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Absolutely enjoy being a part of TechLink Systems..

TechLink Systems was started by one woman, Jane Kim from scratch in 1998 and has now grown into a $30MM firm, which provides employees with a solid foundation of industry experience, along with a strong Senior Management team who are 100% committed to grow TechLink Systems to the next level.

I have worked in the boutique staffing industry for the past 10 years and am thriving these 1-1/2 years with TechLink Systems as a result of hard work,dedication and trust. As a result, I have been provided with opportunities, support, training and a deep respect as a professional individual contributor.

As a technical recruiter, I appreciate the collaborative environment, team spirit, working with a Senior Management team that truly cares and values my input /suggestions as well as the support from my fellow recruiters and sales colleagues in every office.

TechLink Systems empowers its’ employees to become the best by believing in them and trusting they will make it happen...and we do!

Cons

Getting the best teams in place takes time and sometimes I personally get impatient watching it happen...but the great thing is...IT IS happening. In this industry, people come and go, it's just the nature of recruiting, so it's not really a "Con" just a reality of getting a high performing team in place. SuperBowl here we come!!!

Sales/recruiting competitions across all offices

Technical Recruiter at TechLink Systems, Inc in Philadelphia, PA

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at TechLink Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Have worked at 4 staffing companies in the past - Below is why Tech Link Systems is the best place for me
    -Structure
    -Agile environment......can discuss with upper management any concerns and ideas and your opinion matters
    -Personal growth accepted
    -Access to excellent Recruiting resources; Monster, Dice, LinkedIn Recruiter, Database, Discover Org
    -Openings for me to recruit on all over the US that are contract, contract to hire, or full time
    -Training
    -Promote within
    -Changes happen fast (always growing)
    -Back Office/Benefits/HR - Sit as a team and always helping out
    -family environment. We have a really cool Google room, and kitchen stocked with coffee, crystal lite, and lots of snacks. (this is my home away from home )

Cons

Places in the area to go out for lunch

perks??
    employee of the month - whoever closed highest GM$

Disappointing direction

I worked at TechLink Systems

Pros

Majority of the company management are genuinely interested in making things better and helping connect companies and talent.

Cons

Poor management direction and desperation spawns poor decisions and covering up of mistakes.

Good company! Chance to grow with them.

I worked at TechLink Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great potential and opportunity for growth.
    Strong foundation and processes.
    Fun work environment and good culture. Have to work hard, but it paid off.
    Chance to move up, promotion, move to other offices.

Cons

Benefits were okay, but finding that this is becoming the case with every company.
    Could use more communication between offices.

Great organization for self-starters who thrive in entrepreneurial spirit.

I have been working at TechLink Systems (more than an year)

Pros

Support entrepreneurial mindset.
    Company has strong plans for growth and investing in infrastructure to do so.
    Good location, paid parking, beautiful office.
    Good environment for those who are self-motivated, otherwise, there is not a ton of structure (which is good for those who are go-getters and don't want to be pinned down to one way of doing something).
    A LOT of opportunity if you perform.

Cons

With any company that is growing, there are growing pains of change (some much needed, but other times it feels like it's a bit much).
    Database.

Hopeless

Former Employee - Business Development/Sales
    Former Employee - Business Development/Sales

I worked at TechLink Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice building in a nice location with easy parking
    Free soda if you like cola

Cons

- Leadership is either clueless or worse
    - Unprofessional work environment
    - Old school mentality (computers actually exists now and cold calling is not effective. Its about relationships and building credibility not objectifying women to sell your services)
    - Tons of pressure but no support/training
    - Turn-over is very high
    - Favoritism galore
    - Employees are used as scapegoats for management's failures

stupid is as stupid does

Worst Employer Ever!!!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at TechLink Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I came here with the promise of making six figures, and its just not possible here due to poor management and unprofessional environment

Cons

Bullying management style, unprofessional office behavior, alcohol on the premise being consumed by senior management, and inappropriate relationships between members of management. No training whatsoever and constant "bashing" of previous employees.

The management team in place has to go. They are better suited to manage a Wal-Mart.

Absolutely Horrible

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at TechLink Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro about working here is writing your resignation letter.

Cons

Absolutely no structure. The recruiters are treated like step children while the salespeople are treated like gold. If you are producing here, they love you, but the minute you start to struggle or do something that angers them, you are blacklisted and treated terribly. The management team manages by fear and has a recruitment mentality from 1980's. It doesn't work that way anymore. No training and development whatsoever, and constant inappropriate behavior in the office, often bashing past employees along with inappropriate language. The rules are different for everyone, and those who are favored can come and go as they please with no questions asked.

You need new senior leadership on the east coast from top to bottom. Get some professional people who will nurture your brand and coach your employees on how to be better at what they do, as well as creating a more professional work environment where everyone is treated with respect.

Don't take a job here

Former Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at TechLink Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Health Benefits. Nothing more really. Cool location. Paid parking in a nice structure.

Cons

Bad management, catty environment, unrealistic expectations, sell you on a non-existent dream of the company and where it is going, very young recruiters, open communication is not invited in this workspace, please do not take a position here, there is a high turnover rate, no training implemented in their program to ensure you are successful. Better recruiting companies to work for, there are tons out there. Find one that strives to make YOU a winner and gives you opportunity to grow and learn. This is not the place you will receive that if its what you're looking for.

Great company

I have been working at TechLink Systems

Pros

They really help get you in the door

Cons

Salary is iffy but worth it