TechTarget Reviews

128 reviews filtered by
3.1
TechTarget Chairman and CEO Greg Strakosch
Greg Strakosch

Pros
  • Generally OK to work from home, though that seems to be changing depending on what group you belong to (in 25 reviews)

• there used to be a great work-life balance and an autonomous environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone unless you're unemployed (because low pay is better than no pay, right (in 10 reviews)

• 30K (even for an entry level position) is unlivable with student loans, car payments, etc (in 9 reviews)

1. Marketing Manager

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Newton, MA

I have been working at TechTarget full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They respect you! They believe in work life balance and they people are wonderful!

Cons

Yes the salary is lower than industry average but depending on your personal situation you may want to balance that out with your work life balance.

Raise salaries so you can keep great talent.

Good opportunity

Former Employee - Editorial
    Former Employee - Editorial

I worked at TechTarget

Pros

Innovative working culture that welcomes ideas from employees at all levels. Good company in which to gain experience across a range of skills that can be carried elsewhere. Work-life balance is one of the best.

Cons

Compensation suffers in favor of the work-from-home culture; more focus is placed on entry level positions than on attracting and rewarding high quality, experienced staff. Being promoted meaningfully might take a long time.

3. Great Intern Experience

I worked at TechTarget

Pros

Learned a lot and everyone was very helpful. Given the opportunity to take initiative on leading my own projects.

Cons

Not as much team-oriented work as I would have liked

ok

Current Employee - Analyst in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Newton, MA

I have been working at TechTarget

Pros

work from home and bagel wednesdays (if you're into that)...

Cons

limited room for growth, compensation way below national average.

Okay

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at TechTarget full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good place to gain experience at the beginning of your career. People are nice. Good work hours.

Cons

Horrible pay. Experience completely depends on team and boss.

Get in, get out, get on with your life

Former Employee - Client Consultant in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Client Consultant in Newton, MA

I worked at TechTarget full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good place for young professionals to gain experience. Work hard, play hard atmosphere. Growing company that adapts with new technologies.

Cons

No work/life balance. Company is growing too fast and has unrealistic expectations of employees. Hectic atmosphere with no process for internal communication.

Weed out the players bringing the team down

8. Very exciting company. Highly profitable, a lot of advancement opportunity. Fair compensation, good brand name

Former Employee - Management in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Management in Newton, MA

I worked at TechTarget full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Leader in their field
    Good brand recognition
    Opportunity for advancement
    Smart people and executive team
    Nice offices and benefits
    Honest work behavior
    hot looking woman
    hot looking woman

Cons

Long hours
    high expectations
    very competitive and merit based environment
    Win or go home attitude
    Not for everyone but good for motivated people

Keep doing what you are doing

Good first job, but few stay for long

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I have been working at TechTarget full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful building in a great location (next to Riverside Station; close to 95, 135, 30, 9, and many other major roads). Company is willing to hire people with raw talent who don't have a lot of direct experience, unlike most other companies. Lots of young, educated, energetic employees. Casual environment- you don't need to dress up for work, and you can come and go as you want without much supervision, depending on your boss. Some groups work from home one or two days each week. Work-life balance is a priority for the company at all levels.

Cons

The salaries are excessively low, and even if you get promoted after a year in a position (which is now a policy- you have to put in a year before you apply to other positions within the company), you're only offered a raise of about $3000. This creates a very high turnover rate. Because it's a publishing company, when the volume is high, everyone gets very stressed about deadlines and acts like the often-menial work that we do is of the utmost importance. There is also a focus on quantity over quality. The unlimited-time-off policy is misleading- you have to run all time off by your supervisor, who can devise their own rules about when you can take time off and how much. In the end, if you request a lot of time off, even if it's spread out over a long period of time, there are consequences.

If you fix the salary issue, the company will instantly change for the better in so many ways. Right now, talented people simply can't afford to stay at TechTarget for more than a year. The turnover rate is abominable and really hurts morale. Hard work needs to be recognized and rewarded, because if people don't feel valued by their company, they won't stick around for long, and won't take pride in the work that they do or in the company.

Great place to work, but salary does not match effort

I have been working at TechTarget

Pros

Great benefits, great people to work with, open leave policy makes work/life balance really work

Cons

the pay is not as great as other companies for similar roles, which causes high turnover

pay your top employees like they mean something to you and turnover will be low, and you will stop losing the best talent

11. Progressive Company, fantastic people, unreal product

I worked at TechTarget full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked at TechTarget for 4 years mainly in sales. They allowed me to build my book of business enough to move out West. I don't think I could ever in a million years have gained the experience, knowledge and skill set outside TechTarget in that short of a timeframe. The management all the way up to the execs are extremely open to hearing your feedback and acting on it. In addition to that everyone os focused on your personal and professional development (after revenue of course). The product roadmap is groundbreaking and now is a fantastic time to get in. Honestly wouldn't have left if I weren't presented an opportunity that fell more in line with life events. One of the toughest decisions I made was leaving.

Cons

Blessing and a curse- so many products to sell.

Keep focusing on the development of not only your junior reps but senior ones as well.

TechTarget Photos