TechTarget Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
TechTarget Chairman and CEO Greg Strakosch
Greg Strakosch

Pros
  • Work from home whenever you want (in 25 reviews)

• there used to be a great work-life balance and an autonomous environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone unless you're unemployed (because low pay is better than no pay, right (in 10 reviews)

• 30K (even for an entry level position) is unlivable with student loans, car payments, etc (in 9 reviews)

Sales

I have been working at TechTarget

Pros

Good company for someone starting their career. Flexible atmosphere and opportunities to grow if you prove yourself.

Cons

Unlimited vacation and very few holidays that the office shuts down leads to people not taking time off and getting burnt out. Salaries are low.

Advice to Management

Review the company's perks. It used to be cutting edge but you have fallen behind the times and are not a company people get excited about working at anymore compared to competition.

2. Underpaid

I worked at TechTarget full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible work hours, unlimited time off, quarterly company parties, and ability to work from home

Cons

the biggest con is the gross underpayment of entry and mid level employees. They sell you on culture and benefits thinking you should be happy to work for well below market value. I don't think they realize there are plenty of tech companies who have better perks and culture while ALSO paying fair salaries. The low salaries causes all of the great employees to leave. I worked there for a couple years and saw 15-20 new employees.

Advice to Management

If the owners of the company don't change their salary structure nothing will ever change.

3. No complaints

I worked at TechTarget full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people, fun work events, comfortable work/office environment, flexible scheduling.

Cons

Hard to coordinate vacation time (although technically unlimited).

Advice to Management

I have no specific advice for the management team at Tech Target.

5. Okay, but slow

I worked at TechTarget full-time

Pros

Work from home available. Workload not too overdemanding.

Cons

Not a lot of clarity on how to get things pushed through internally. Waited on one project for 6 months while stuck in development queue.

good entry-level position

Current Employee - Program Performance Associate in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Program Performance Associate in Newton, MA

I have been working at TechTarget

Pros

flexibility, work from home, learn about technology

Cons

low pay, lack of communication

Advice to Management

put more value into employees

Accountant

I worked at TechTarget

Pros

The flexible schedule and working from home option was great. Everyone is treated like an adult.As long as your work is done

Cons

The work load was very heavy. The high turnover was discouraging. Too bad management didnt take the time to address the issues causing people to leav

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your people and address the issues that are causing your good people to leave

Cold

I worked at TechTarget full-time

Pros

- No dress code - Free Soda/water/coffee/bagels on Wednesday - Work from home policy (also a con) - Matching 401k - No set vacation time (also a con) - In-building gym, T accessable

Cons

- Very low pay for amount of work given and then telecommute culture where you are expected to be available "after hours", especially near end of quarter. - Very little communication from management on training/new processes. Management was never in the office, yet always expected lower employees to be available. The pyramid structure is also very fragile; you'll probably have 3-6 people above you if you work mid-level or below. - Hours/responsibilities change constantly, with no warning. - High turnover rate. I had 3 different immediate supervisors during my time there, as well as new "co-workers" every week. Will often result in you taking on more work without very little assistance. - No set vacation time is actually a burden. I was discouraged from taking time off constantly for leisure (but the policy is good if you break a leg, get cancer, or have a kid) due to teams being run "lean and mean". You also don't accrue PTO for when you leave. - The bagels are kinda crappy

Advice to Management

Raise pay, hire more people, be committed to letting your people take time off, and re-evaluate your management teams' priorities and organizational structure.

run

Former Employee - Sales in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Newton, MA

I worked at TechTarget full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked the people I worked with (minus management)

Cons

I didn't realize how bad it was until I started working with my current employee. Where I am now, the CEO/executive teams goes above and beyond to show us how much they appreciate our hard work. It makes me want to work even harder! At TechTarget, it felt like a factory. Time off was NOT encouraged. Management is very poor. The CEO is not pleasant. It's just not a good environment.

Advice to Management

show some appreciation for your employees, after all, you would have nothing without them

If you

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I have been working at TechTarget full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, laid-back work environment. Everyone's pretty young. They feed us beer during EOQ celebrations and we have Bagel Wednesdays. Flexible work from home option with no set amount of vacation days.

Cons

Entry level jobs here are grossly and notoriously underpaid. Recent organizational restructure in operations will put the word "manager" in your job title with no increase in compensation. Turnover is steady because employees will leave to make more money.

Advice to Management

You're a company just outside of Boston - please take the cost of living into consideration. No one can afford to live close to work if they only make $29k after taxes. People don't want to leave, but you really don't give them a choice.

A place to start

I worked at TechTarget full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

young group; if you are young this is a good place to start and get your feet wet

Cons

salary for the amount of work is insufficient; management not always advocating for their direct reports

Advice to Management

You have a lot of smart, capable young professions working for you- develop them to stay- talk about growth and career paths within your companies. Restructure to accommodate their growth. Internally hire; all managers should be able to do the job their direct reports are doing.

RSS Feed </> Embed