Techexcel

1.8

Techexcel CEO Tieren Zhou
Tieren Zhou

Good place to learn

I worked at Techexcel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was given a lot of responsibilities to serve clients and to learn about the products. There are not much process internally, so i get to create a lot of things from scratch. Colleagues are generally very friendly and hard-working - total Chinese culture as entire management team are from mainland China. Both good and bad if you know what i mean! Every x'mas CEO gave everyone wine and chocolate - good gesture.

Cons

When I was there, quality of the products were pretty bad. Too many bugs and a lot of times things just don't work. I feel for the customers who bought the products. And then there is the sector the products are in - IT service management, CRM, testing, there are tons of excellent and even free software to compete. When i was there, CEO said company will go public in ten years...i don't know if it will go public at all now as their products are neither innovative nor have any potential to gain large market share. Pay was very poor but they like everyone to work overtime - occasional weekends too if possible. No company outing, no company lunch - not much company culture. Just work, work and work.... My boss only brought my team out for lunch when someone is leaving the company.

Don't be workaholics. Treat your employees better - pay them fairly. Don't take advantage of people - they know and it might come back to haunt you in the future. There are so many talented employees but they eventually left for greener pastures - think about why. Should think about future of your products - be more innovative towards product management.

Get the hell away if you can

Current Employee - Senior Services Engineer in Lafayette, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Services Engineer in Lafayette, CA

I have been working at Techexcel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free coffee
    Other than that... nothing

Cons

DO NOT WORK HERE.
    Salary cuts
    No company culture at all.
    No fun things to do.
    Work life is boring. The only things to look forward to are 12:30 for lunch and 5:30 to GTFO
    No reward for good work
    Colleagues not smart/unmotivated/don't care

Get your act together. I don't see this company lasting for long.

Like no place on earth

Former Employee - Product Manager in Lafayette, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Lafayette, CA

I worked at Techexcel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy place to just lay low and coast. You really have to be trying if you want to get fired.

They will give you pretty much any Job Title you want. This can make it a good stop-over/resume builder.

Cons

CEO has a stranglehold on the products and frequently refuses to listen to customer demands unless they are leveraging a renewal. He would rather implement his own kooky ideas.

Bonus promises in offer letters are pretty much a scam. Myself and other co-workers were promised bonuses of up to 10k on signing. Most see less then 25% of what was promised. My advice is if they offer you a bonus require that it be a signing bonus or get as much upfront as possible. Another option is have it be a fixed bonus tied to a trackable metric.

2 company wide salary cuts of 10% have occurred in the past 3 years. Again when negotiating your contract be sure to specify that you are exempt from any company wide salary cuts (seasoned employees do this when renegotiating).

The only way to get a raise is to leverage another offer.

Product lines are not following industry trends and continue to fall further and further behind the competition.

Good luck...

Stay away if you plan to have a promising professional career

Current Employee - Product Manager in Lafayette, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Lafayette, CA

I have been working at Techexcel full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

None whatsoever. The downward trend makes existing employees realize to leave sooner rather than later

Cons

It is lack of the definition of processes in every aspects. Employees are not compensated based on performance or amount of tasks completed.

I am glad it is not my company.

TechExcel as a place to work

I have been working at Techexcel

Pros

- Products are excellent and add great value to multiple departments in small, medium, or large organizations
    - Employees and Departments work well together and are very supportive

Cons

- Vacation and Sick Leave are pooled
    - Weeks of vacation are steady at three. Years of service don't earn additional weeks
    - Sr. Management sometimes unfocused

Reward performance and loyalty within the ranks. Take advice from those working in the trenches - like customer support. Get better vacation plan

not too bad

Current Employee - Support Engineer
    Current Employee - Support Engineer

I have been working at Techexcel

Pros

good environment and good coworkers

Cons

no technology, no activities, no passion

need herichary