Technatomy Reviews

2.6

Nadeem Butler

Frustrating but rewarding

I worked at Technatomy full-time

Pros

- Trust of the senior management; this is one of the few companies I worked for where we basically wrote the proposal ourselves and "owned" our own success or failure
    - Good IT support staff
    - Diverse number of customers and projects
    - Senior management will find you the resources to get the job done
    - Spouse says I complained about this company far less than any other I worked for

Cons

- HR is really messed up. My pay was messed up for several months. It's never good when the IRS tells you that your taxes are screwed up, and you find out that HR dropped the ball months earlier when they lost your W-4 and other paperwork.
    - If your contract doesn't get renewed, you're likely to be laid off
    - Management doesn't invest in employees long-term. There are no avenues for additional training or education. As a result, employees feel like they are not valued or are temporary workers.

- Invest in your people with continuing education opportunities
    - Find a way to retain talented personnel after projects end; do some personnel planning prior to contract end to have contingency plans in place
    - Continue to trust your employees and empowering them in the proposal process

Declining times

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Technatomy full-time

Pros

Leadership appears to be committed to determining where the company has been falling short and devising an action plan to position the company for sustainable growth.

Cons

The Payroll is consistently screwed up, the benefits keep getting worse, and the HR director is extremely unprofessional.

Provide a career path for the employees and improve the communication from HQ to offsite employees.

Incompetent HR of 1

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Technatomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is growing and has new leadership that appears to be better aligning the business processes.

Cons

The company does not care about the employee. Overall, it's a poor work environment. The HR is uneducated and only responds to issues when it's good for HR. Unfortunately, HR will probably remain incompetent because HR is one of those people that thinks they know everything and you can't tell them anything. HRs main thing is control. Happy to have made it out, they've compromised PII, misplaced checks, ignored maternity leave request, and had audits that determined they weren't taking the correct money out of your check and now you end up having to pay them back!! There is zero flexibility in terms of your work schedule. In an age where alternative work schedules are common, Technatomy forbids anything other than 8:30-5:30pm M-F. And you accrue 3.34 hours of PTO per pay period, good luck taking a vacation.

If management doesn't recognize how broken HR is, there isn't any hope for retention.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dismal work environment, Disappointing executive staff, non-existent HR department

Former Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Technatomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pathway to failure is paved with "good intentions", must be the motto of Technatomy. At face value, this company's senior management and executive staff imply competence and dedication to employee talents.

Cons

The CEO has no focus, changes tack on issues almost daily and seems to struggle with ordinary management capabilities. He hires and fires people based on his personal mistakes he makes in directing the company. Competent people will make suggestions, mostly obvious, based on sound perceptions all at the request of this fellow. He will then take those suggestions and hire someone who he feels can fulfill them and he will fire you., or have those people fire you while he ducks into his office and hides behind his title. Unless you are a "yes" (man or woman), your tenure at Technatomy will be short lived. You will need to sacrifice all known concepts of personal integrity and proper management paths as well as accept the ranting insanity of so-called Senior directors and officers of this company.

This company lacks leadership in all areas from the "boss" through HR through any of the directors. Companies doing business in and around the beltway, that is to say those businesses with a true sense of purpose, will contribute to the industry in a genuine manner and Technatomy is NOT one of these companies. Take a step back into reality: get an HR representative rather than a party planner, shape up your internal IT department and Senior management staff to run like a real company would, with dedication and competency. Instruct your executive staff on professional business etiquette to stop squabbling with others like children. Insist on providing a quality service to those contracts you win rather than simply looking for ways to provide bare minimum services with second rate talent.

HR has to go

Former Employee - Security Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Security Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Technatomy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The future looks pretty good. I think the company is starting to set its direction and is on a road to growth

Cons

The back off support does not realize their role in the company. Between the uneducated HR department, send her emails and never hear back, speaking Spanish in front of non Spanish staff, and breaking hundreds of security rules over and over again, this lady has got to go. The back office does not realize the people in the field drive revenue which in turn drives overhead to pay salaries

Bring in a qualified HR director, manage benefits costs and begin setting company policy that aligns with the greater beltway community.

Good opportunity

Current Employee - Senior, Functional Analyst  in  Rosslyn, VA
    Current Employee - Senior, Functional Analyst in Rosslyn, VA

I have been working at Technatomy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting work in a non-conventional environment. Opportunities for ITSM and process specialists because governance is just being established for the client's program. Also opportunities for deployment specialists and IT engineers. Opportunity to move into various areas.

Cons

No dedicated desk. Contractors have to hotel at whatever desk is available. The building we work in at the client site is older and needs a lot of work to repair water spills in the parking garage.This work is being done now. The client has reorganized twice in the last year. We hope things will settle in with current structure.

Make an effort to keep contact with people at the client site more often.

The contract comes first. The workers come last.

Former Employee - Documentation Specialist  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Documentation Specialist in Arlington, VA

I worked at Technatomy full-time for less than a year

Pros

People seem nice to your face that work with Technatomy

Cons

They have a business model to not provide basic necessities for their workers. Daily parking at a government site was $15/day. No desks. No phones. They expect you to use your cell phone for conference calls. No reimbursement for all those expenses. If you need quiet time to do your work and concentrate, you are out of luck. They overwork you, yet claim you're an exempt employee and don't have to pay you one dollar more for all those worked hours. They also don't provide compensation time for additional worked hours either. I've honestly never encountered a company that gave their employees so little yet expected them all to be incredibly grateful. My friends thought I was joking when I told them I had to keep hauling my things from temporary desk to temporary desk. I had to squat in conference rooms. I would get kicked out at least 3 times a day and would get exhausted hunting for other conference rooms from which to work where it was quiet. Once I sat down, someone would knock on the door and say they scheduled a meeting in that conference room. NO work was allowed to be done from home though, which was absolutely abhorrent. Government people all had their own offices, desks, and could work from home. Contractors were treated like trash. Management at Technatomy allowed it. Hence, people quit in droves.

Don't bid on a contract where you 1. employ people that have no PMP certification and are in a position of management simply because they're full of themselves 2. don't ensure your people will be provided their own workspace at the client site. Turnover is very high because of these two things. There's already a reputation out about how poorly Technatomy treats its employees at government sites and that they quit within a year's time.

I love the Sr. Leadership I support

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Technatomy

Pros

Growth opportunity as long as sr. leadership is aware of your potential.

Cons

Lot's of growth, lack of resources but we're working on it!

Value your employees and make them feel like they are connected and recognized hard work! Thank you goes a long way. Learn to identify the weaknesses/strengths of your staff so you can properly assign them to a role/position.

Worked for Technatomy? Contribute to the Community!