Technekes Reviews

Fun and Intense

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Technekes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Technekes has vision, is successful, works hard to serve their clients.

Cons

At times life at Technekes gets very busy.
    To get your work done you must be good at prioritizing, be detail oriented, and driven to serve your client/accomplish your work.

Continue to stress positive feedback, reward for hard work!

Great experience for a couple of years now

I have been working at Technekes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Technekes has been a great place to learn. Lots of flexibility in terms of accomplishing tasks in interesting ways. If you're willing to put in time and energy to building out your idea, I've found management and co-workers happy to support and help for the most part. Ultimately, jobs have to be done, but I've enjoyed learning from others and having a good measure of freedom to explore different ways of doing those jobs. Also appreciate the generosity in contributing employee time and company cash to several local charities. That, along with regular team lunches keeps up morale.

Cons

Currently seeing some growing pains. The company is doing well, but that means shifting policies toward a more corporate feel. Not necessarily bad, but I'm concerned that might lead to "drone work".

Awesome People in Marketing Technology

Current Employee - Director, User Experience  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Director, User Experience in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Technekes full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people are the absolute best thing about Technekes. At all levels we have smart people that are helping to deliver huge value to our customers. These customers are constantly wowed by the service and tools we deliver which makes me proud to come to work for over eight years now. We're often challenged by our customers to make magic happen and the team always comes together to deliver. We work hard and have fun doing it.

Community involvement is a pretty big part of the culture. There are a number of big and small charities that everybody at the company gets involved in. The company encourages people to get involved and this has turned out to have some great results and impact on our local communities.

Cons

This is a place to learn, grow and build a career - if you are looking to just get by or "punch the clock" this is probably not a good fit. The pace is high energy and high quality is an expectation. That's not a con but can feel intense to those not used to working in that environment.

Keep the focus on great people and quality.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good People! Good Working Environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Technekes full-time

Pros

People are easy to talk to, fun, accepting, and laid back. As working adults, most of our time is spent at our jobs, so it is very important to be around positive, kind people that you can consider your friends. I definitely feel that the people that work here are my friends. The office provides an environment where employees have the opportunity to voice their needs and share their ideas openly. The company is flexible in regards to vacation and personal needs. The full-time employees seem to be invested in the company and work well together. There is room for personal growth within the company because it is an evolving, growing company that focuses on technology ( which in itself is always changing ). There is always an opportunity to learn new skills, all you have to do is ask.

Cons

Can become stressful at times, because projects will come up last minute that need to be done immediately. But honestly, that's life, and will happen at any company. One must be able to wear many hats. This may not be a con, it's more of a statement. Just because your job title is a "developer" doesn't mean that you won't be asked to step out of your box and help work on other projects, if need be. One must be flexible and willing to learn.

Actual experience working for Technekes since the reviews from June and May seem to be from the corporate office....

Former Employee - MIC Associate  in  Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - MIC Associate in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Technekes full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule was good but it was also a necessity when you worked in the MIC (Marketing Interaction Center). You see, even though the name on the reception office door says 'Technekes' you technically are an employee of Data Services Solutions, or DSS, which is the telemarketing arm of the company. While Technekes may have phenomenal benefits, you as a DSS will get to have some flexibility in your schedule. That's going to come in real handy when they close down the office for holidays or the last week of the year and you need to make up your hours. Or not get paid. Or really start to hate holiday weeks because it just means you need to keep rearranging your schedule to make all your hours.
    Go team.
    They'll occasionally order dinner from a restaurant close by. The sandwich place sucked but the other places weren't that bad.

Cons

The fact you're a DSS employee. Here's the funny thing people don't understand until you get here, the 'Technekes' you're working for has temporary projects and some long term. Don't get your hopes up for the long term, they lost it when they lost their large financial services client. Their relationship with their other clients aren't doing much better.

I've seen new hires be brought in to work 40 hours a week and never told this project is running for three months with the prospect the project could end tomorrow. And it has. And you never saw those people again.

Now, get me wrong, three months of working and earning money is better than being evicted or having your car repo'd (though that happened to a few people while they were working there. You could be a heartless and blame it on these poor judgment and reckless spending but it's hard making a budget work on $12 an hour). But some of these people came to Technekes and rejected other offers of employment or gave their notice to work there and to have it go away is rough. I saw new hires for a project be fired the day their new hire training was supposed to start because their client backed out of the project. THE SAME DAY!!!

Also there's a story one of the project managers told a small group of us last year. Apparently hiring and firing at the actual 'Technekes' isn't much better. The owners used to ask their employee being terminated to go out for pancakes with them, get them to the restaurant and then tell them 'You don't need to order anything'. The project manager thought it was funny as hell. It's really kind of screwed up if you ask me, but what can you say about a company where there is no HR department?

I get you needed to have your call center close to your ag clients, but quit being so shady in your hiring practices. Tell people the truth that you don't offer health insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays and there's little chance this project will turn into a long term job. If they still decide to work for you that's on them. Maybe hire college students who are still on their parents insurance and want the job for beer money or something.

You should be able to give on some holidays, at least Christmas day and Thanksgiving. Really! It's not going to break the bank and if it is, should you even be in business??

And one more thing, the people you have as actual technekes employees (not DSS) don't know crap about predicting how long projects take to save their lives and since they know how many targets there are and how long each call needs to take, THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO! Fix that.

Oh, and you probably should order a lot more from Randys. Smokey Joes is kinda getting old.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Associate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Technekes full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time at Technekes. Great culture and office environment, fun atmosphere, challenging work, great recognition for performance and appreciative clients. The company does right by its people and clients. Management is involved and supportive and coworkers are team players.

Cons

It can be long hours during busy times of the year, but it flies by because you are enjoying the work.

Worst company to work for

Former Employee - Associate  in  Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Associate in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Technekes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I cannot think of a pro for this company.

Cons

No advancement unless you are a yes man. Poor pay, no benefits, poor management.

Drop the arrogance, and start listening to your long time employees. Treat everyone equally.

Good concepts. Understaffed, creepy culture and untrustworthy management

I worked at Technekes full-time

Pros

Good exposure and a good job for resume building.

Cons

Salaried and hourly employees treated like children by management. Pour hiring and poor execution of some initiatives because the company does not value different types of people. Untrustworthy and a large majority of employees don't feel invested in the company for these reasons which adds to unusually high turnover

Treat everyone the same and be honest

Great part-time gig

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Technekes part-time for less than a year

Pros

I work in agriculture. When I was not working as a crop consultant this winter, I had a part-time with Technekes calling on farmers and retailers in the industry. I got to work from home, and my manager was flexible with my schedule. This was a great part-time gig to supplement my income in my off season.

Cons

It was sometimes hard to connect with my team while working from home. We had daily review meetings, but when questions came up I sometimes couldn't reach my team lead.

Keep the part-time opportunities coming. More cash for employee referrals please!

Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Marketing in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Technekes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice offices. They pay a lot of lip-service, which gets you by until you figure it all out. They will say or do anything to keep you hanging on so they can take advantage of you; they lie about promotions and opportunities.

Cons

Programs in all departments are poorly run. Account managers and upper management do not know the business they are in. Poor decision making. NO respect for employees, NO integrity, unethical.

Your employees are ADULTS. They can take the truth and will respect you a lot for giving it to them honestly. Stop lying and telling half-truths. Stop screwing people out of money. Learn your business instead of making half-cocked, poorly thought decisions. LISTEN to the experienced people and high performers on your teams!!

Worked for Technekes? Contribute to the Community!