Technekes Reviews

20 reviews filtered by
3.1
Steve Amedio

1. Different in the best sort of way

I worked at Technekes full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Before Technekes, I spent more than 10 years working for two multinational healthcare companies. They've both been in Fortune's "100 Best Places to Work," but neither of these were as good a place to work as Technekes. There are no big-company politics or bureaucracy. I can actually get stuff done instead of going from one mind-numbing meeting to the next. The people are nice. My manager is fantastic. I can go to her with anything and she listens and tries to help. Work is work, but I look forward to my job at Technekes. I wear a lot of different hats, and I'm involved in many different types of marketing and sales-related projects. The company values innovation and creative thinking, which keeps my job interesting. Best of all, I've learned a how marketing really works and how effective it can be in helping my clients be successful. It is a great feeling to know I make a difference, and I'm not just another hamster running on the big-company wheel.

Cons

I don't have a lot of gripes, especially having been "on the other side," but it would be nice to have more of a view to a career path. There's no set plan or employee levels, which can be intimidating to people coming from the corporate world.

Keep the lines of communication open. It is nice to know we are growing and where we are having challenges. My manager does a great job of pulling our team together for important news, but sometimes it seems a day or two late.

2. Unprofessional, Unwilling to teach, and UNORGANIZED..

Current Employee - "MIC" Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - "MIC" Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Technekes full-time

Pros

Enjoyed getting to speak to clients and customers all over the US about the products that they had purchased and applied. Thoroughly enjoyed marketing efforts between channel partners, but I think that most of that was brought on by said Manufacturers not technekes. Great Learning experience, resume builder.

Cons

I cannot speak for the Charlotte Office, But as for the Morrisville Office is concerned- This place is utter chaos. "Management" really could care less about "MIC" employees. As someone who majored in college in Management, I find it quite embarrasing for Techenkes that they are completely unfamilar with what the term "management" even is, or none the less how to function in said managment based and marketing thrived environment. I felt like most of the time the "team leaders" of the MIC looked down to the fellow employees and and were very condescending when teaching employees. There is no sense of organization for this business, in fact one team leader ran around the office with his head cut off the majority of the time- only getting work done a slight minority of the time and neglecting any relevant issues to MIC employees.

Advice for Management- MIC employees make this place thrive, and they need to be better appreciated, and MIC Team Leaders should be better monitored by management, because they are unorganized and unprofessional.

3. I Wouldn't Wish This Company on a Rabid Dog

Former Contractor - Developer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - Developer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Technekes as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I can think of no pros for this company or for it's CEO.

They do have really cool cutting-edge offices though. They make a comfy place for the CEO and his cronies and good eye candy for seducing new clients and employees.

Cons

They treat their employees like garbage.

They have some happy clients. How do they do that? By axing employees with no notice, working them odd hours, then not giving them the hours that they need to make ends meet. I've seen people join the company and either quickly wise up and leave within weeks - or get terminated before they can even start work there. They also have a track record of simply not paying their vendors - in multiple cases they simply let vendors work for them and didn't pay their invoices.

This is the nasty kind of environment that gives "ownership" a bad name.

Based on my experience, the highly positive reviews on this site are almost all certainly bogus - contributed from ownership.

No advice to management. They're not worth advice. How do you sleep with yourself at night?

5. Fun and Intense

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Technekes full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Technekes has vision, is successful, works hard to serve their clients.

Cons

At times life at Technekes gets very busy.
    To get your work done you must be good at prioritizing, be detail oriented, and driven to serve your client/accomplish your work.

Continue to stress positive feedback, reward for hard work!

6. Great experience for a couple of years now

I have been working at Technekes full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Technekes has been a great place to learn. Lots of flexibility in terms of accomplishing tasks in interesting ways. If you're willing to put in time and energy to building out your idea, I've found management and co-workers happy to support and help for the most part. Ultimately, jobs have to be done, but I've enjoyed learning from others and having a good measure of freedom to explore different ways of doing those jobs. Also appreciate the generosity in contributing employee time and company cash to several local charities. That, along with regular team lunches keeps up morale.

Cons

Currently seeing some growing pains. The company is doing well, but that means shifting policies toward a more corporate feel. Not necessarily bad, but I'm concerned that might lead to "drone work".

7. Awesome People in Marketing Technology

Current Employee - Director, User Experience in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Director, User Experience in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Technekes full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people are the absolute best thing about Technekes. At all levels we have smart people that are helping to deliver huge value to our customers. These customers are constantly wowed by the service and tools we deliver which makes me proud to come to work for over eight years now. We're often challenged by our customers to make magic happen and the team always comes together to deliver. We work hard and have fun doing it.

Community involvement is a pretty big part of the culture. There are a number of big and small charities that everybody at the company gets involved in. The company encourages people to get involved and this has turned out to have some great results and impact on our local communities.

Cons

This is a place to learn, grow and build a career - if you are looking to just get by or "punch the clock" this is probably not a good fit. The pace is high energy and high quality is an expectation. That's not a con but can feel intense to those not used to working in that environment.

Keep the focus on great people and quality.

8. Good People! Good Working Environment!

I have been working at Technekes full-time

Pros

People are easy to talk to, fun, accepting, and laid back. As working adults, most of our time is spent at our jobs, so it is very important to be around positive, kind people that you can consider your friends. I definitely feel that the people that work here are my friends. The office provides an environment where employees have the opportunity to voice their needs and share their ideas openly. The company is flexible in regards to vacation and personal needs. The full-time employees seem to be invested in the company and work well together. There is room for personal growth within the company because it is an evolving, growing company that focuses on technology ( which in itself is always changing ). There is always an opportunity to learn new skills, all you have to do is ask.

Cons

Can become stressful at times, because projects will come up last minute that need to be done immediately. But honestly, that's life, and will happen at any company. One must be able to wear many hats. This may not be a con, it's more of a statement. Just because your job title is a "developer" doesn't mean that you won't be asked to step out of your box and help work on other projects, if need be. One must be flexible and willing to learn.

Actual experience working for Technekes since the reviews from June and May seem to be from the corporate office....

Former Employee - MIC Associate in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - MIC Associate in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Technekes full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule was good but it was also a necessity when you worked in the MIC (Marketing Interaction Center). You see, even though the name on the reception office door says 'Technekes' you technically are an employee of Data Services Solutions, or DSS, which is the telemarketing arm of the company. While Technekes may have phenomenal benefits, you as a DSS will get to have some flexibility in your schedule. That's going to come in real handy when they close down the office for holidays or the last week of the year and you need to make up your hours. Or not get paid. Or really start to hate holiday weeks because it just means you need to keep rearranging your schedule to make all your hours.
    Go team.
    They'll occasionally order dinner from a restaurant close by. The sandwich place sucked but the other places weren't that bad.

Cons

The fact you're a DSS employee. Here's the funny thing people don't understand until you get here, the 'Technekes' you're working for has temporary projects and some long term. Don't get your hopes up for the long term, they lost it when they lost their large financial services client. Their relationship with their other clients aren't doing much better.

I've seen new hires be brought in to work 40 hours a week and never told this project is running for three months with the prospect the project could end tomorrow. And it has. And you never saw those people again.

Now, get me wrong, three months of working and earning money is better than being evicted or having your car repo'd (though that happened to a few people while they were working there. You could be a heartless and blame it on these poor judgment and reckless spending but it's hard making a budget work on $12 an hour). But some of these people came to Technekes and rejected other offers of employment or gave their notice to work there and to have it go away is rough. I saw new hires for a project be fired the day their new hire training was supposed to start because their client backed out of the project. THE SAME DAY!!!

Also there's a story one of the project managers told a small group of us last year. Apparently hiring and firing at the actual 'Technekes' isn't much better. The owners used to ask their employee being terminated to go out for pancakes with them, get them to the restaurant and then tell them 'You don't need to order anything'. The project manager thought it was funny as hell. It's really kind of screwed up if you ask me, but what can you say about a company where there is no HR department?

I get you needed to have your call center close to your ag clients, but quit being so shady in your hiring practices. Tell people the truth that you don't offer health insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays and there's little chance this project will turn into a long term job. If they still decide to work for you that's on them. Maybe hire college students who are still on their parents insurance and want the job for beer money or something.

You should be able to give on some holidays, at least Christmas day and Thanksgiving. Really! It's not going to break the bank and if it is, should you even be in business??

And one more thing, the people you have as actual technekes employees (not DSS) don't know crap about predicting how long projects take to save their lives and since they know how many targets there are and how long each call needs to take, THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO! Fix that.

Oh, and you probably should order a lot more from Randys. Smokey Joes is kinda getting old.

10. Great place to work

Current Employee - Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Technekes full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time at Technekes. Great culture and office environment, fun atmosphere, challenging work, great recognition for performance and appreciative clients. The company does right by its people and clients. Management is involved and supportive and coworkers are team players.

Cons

It can be long hours during busy times of the year, but it flies by because you are enjoying the work.

Worst company to work for

Former Employee - Associate in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Associate in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Technekes full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot think of a pro for this company.

Cons

No advancement unless you are a yes man. Poor pay, no benefits, poor management.

Drop the arrogance, and start listening to your long time employees. Treat everyone equally.