Technical Resources International

2.0
Nora Lee

1. Regulatory Associate

I have been working at Technical Resources International

Pros

Nice staff and working conditions as well as big offices and cubicles.

Cons

Less promotion opportunities, prefer hiring new staff to fill new positions

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this company to you

Current Employee - Regulatory Associate in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Regulatory Associate in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Technical Resources International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-I really like the people who I work with (I know, I know, this is such a cliche). People are generally nice and polite. In addition, there are many attractive women here. That's never a bad thing. -One can select their preferred hours of work, after a probationary period of three months. -The responsibilities do not entail a lot of stress

Cons

-I didn't learn anything to advance my career, cultivate my intellect, improve my character, or add to my life during my career at TRI. While employed here, I copied and scanned documents, attached files to emails, composed email messages, updated Excel spreadsheets, shred paper, used Fed Ex, filed away documents in the proper place, and acted as a stereotypical paper pusher while looking good in a suit. -There is no room for advancement. One person with my similar job title has been sitting in that small cubicle for over 5 years now. -To park in the nearby garage costs $600 per year. Otherwise, you can park at Montgomery Mall and take a 15 minute one-way walk. That's what I did. -I get the feeling that people in other departments were essentially picked up off the street and could only get hired by this company. Nonetheless, I worked mostly with those who earned PhDs. Even then, a PhD is unnecessary to do those jobs. I bet that everyone here knows that they could do better than having a career at TRI, but they either: 1) don't care 2) enjoy TRI; or 3) are stuck in this area for one of many reasons -As part of the background check, they ask to see your W-2 forms in order to calculate your previous salaries and give you a low-ball salary offer. -Too many people here egregiously use the word "utilize" 24:7, and that simple thing drives me crazy. -Some people here lack rectitude, considering that someone at TRI, on two separate occasions, stole money from my backpack that was hidden under my desk. I lost $200. Who does that? -The company policies are so petty, and I often believe that people at this company do a bunch of useless tasks and draft emails about emails about the upcoming meeting solely to be occupied. My co-workers often describe how to do something when they could have completed the task themselves in a fraction of the time. There is a remarkable lack of efficiency here. There are too many long-winded conversations related to work duties that need no explanation.

3. Great place to get a little experience but definitely not a place to stay and build a career.

I have been working at Technical Resources International full-time

Pros

-Free coffee/tea. -If motivated, you can learn a lot. -Great exposure to clinical trials management.

Cons

-The coffee is of terrible quality -Employee turnover is really big here (think revolving door). In my time here I have seen a half dozen people leave the company, usually due to poor management and little care for employee happiness. -Will be told routinely by management about all the work they have to do at home and as such, expect you to work more than 8 hours a day, yet only clock and get paid for 8 hours. -No telework option even if you are sick and cannot come to the office. Would not be a big deal if they offered sick leave. Instead, a new employee earns 5 paid leave hours every 2 weeks of work. This makes the ability to take a vacation in the first year almost futile. Employees accrue 5 hours every 2 weeks for the first 3 years working at TRI. -Women do not get paid the same as men for doing the same job. I spoke to multiple people before they left and found out with more experience and time at the company, I was making more for no apparent reason. I didn't argue, but this should be criminal in this day and age.

Advice to Management

-Stop letting individuals with no management experience, manage employees. -Take feedback given to HR during exit interviews to heart as opposed to blaming it on disgruntled employees. When one or two employees complain, one can assume it was a specific scenario, but when you have at least 6 people leave in the last year (ranging in 1-6 years at the company), something should be done. There is a clear, systemic problem about the way this company is ran. -Pay women at the same rate as men, especially since it is advertised as a women-owned, women-ran company.

Think twice about accepting a position with these people.

I worked at Technical Resources International

Pros

Full time work with health insurance and a 401k plan are certainly good things to have. It is good to have a job. Is that enough words to fulfill my minimum Pros for TRI yet?

Cons

Nepotism. Unfair hiring processes. Sexism. Racism. Lies. Lies. Lies. By far the worst place I have ever worked. Everyone outside of the family gets on the naughty list eventually, and then they are in trouble until they resign. Coffee is free, but terrible. Parking is outrageously expensive for the area.

Advice to Management

Cash in and go away. Pay loyal employees what they are worth. Alloy employees to advance. Be nicer people. Stop lying.

Average...Seen Better, Seen Worse

Former Employee - Medical Writer
    Former Employee - Medical Writer

I worked at Technical Resources International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing specific to share really. Pay is fair for a fresh graduate with a degree but no true experience (for a first-time job, it's terrific).

Cons

The mechanisms of the company are about as transparent as a concrete brick. This is commonplace at most companies, but I expected more of TRI given how transparency is kind of played up during the interview.

Why Would the Government Support This Company?

Former Employee - Education and Training in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Education and Training in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Technical Resources International

Pros

The location provides opportunity to go into Bethesda for dinner.

Cons

Totally incompetent management from the President and owner down. Nepotism. Favoritism. You are watched like a hawk, No career opportunities for growth. Look at a manager the wrong way and you are literally walked out the front door. That's why there is high staff turnover. People are fired. Once you are on the bad list, pack your stuff, take it home. Next you will be home with your stuff.

Advice to Management

Advice is that the government sponsors should question why they continue to give money to this organization. The CEO is a con, her managers have no idea what they are doing, the company really can't produce a proposal where all the pieces fit. It is interesting to find out who is related to who. If you are not a relative, go someplace else to work.

Excellent company! Highly Recommended.

Current Employee - Clinical in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Clinical in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Technical Resources International full-time

Pros

What has impressed me the most about Technical Resources International, Inc. is that it is extremely organized and has much higher quality control standards for work processes above other comparative companies in their field- allowing the company to deliver high quality services and products. Wins excellent long-standing contracts for a reason! Also, great diversity for a company that you don’t always see. Nice relaxing facility/work atmosphere, excellent staff, ongoing opportunities for professional development and benefits. Highly recommended based on firsthand experience. As with any job, much success lies in your own work ethic, perspective and your skill set/what you bring to the company uniquely as an individual. Excellent benefits, low cost medical/dental/vision insurance, annual raises, tuition reimbursement, professional development, free coffee, casual Fridays. Work-life balance and flexible work schedules. Productive workplace and great overall company culture.

Cons

None that I can think of. Must pay for parking.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Dubious employer!

Current Employee - Safety and Pharmacovigilance Specialist in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Safety and Pharmacovigilance Specialist in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Technical Resources International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good chance of building positive relationships with some coworkers; free coffee; employment often comes with benefits; casual Fridays; you get a card during holidays; end-of-year social hangout; frequent mixers in break room; office garbage picked up on a daily basis; 90-day probationary period; personal shared office space (and not cubicles) for most hires; 40-hour work week

Cons

Highly incompetent managers; micromanagement of employees; favoritism; cronyism; nepotism; prejudice towards newer employees during decision making; very low pay scales and almost no room for upward mobility; no job security...hiring manager or human resources will terminate your employment based on gossip or hearsay; poor training also offered to new staff; senior managers are willing to cheat or lie to get ahead of other CROs and/or take advantage of more junior staff; high rate of staff turnover; fear ridden atmosphere were constructive criticism is not welcomed; gender bias

Advice to Management

Learn people skills and capacity building. Be more supportive of newer hires. Focus more on skills acquisition than on petty issues. Conduct periodic work satisfaction surveys or assessments

Get 2 years of experience and then move on to something better

I worked at Technical Resources International full-time

Pros

Some of the people are awesome to work with and become true friends. You learn a lot because you are thrown into the working environment and have to think on your feet. Get your 2 years of experience and then move on to something better.

Cons

There is a lot of overt favoritism, and that becomes demoralizing after a while. Middle and upper management care too much about little things and ignore major issues. As a result, turnover is very high.

Advice to Management

None, they are beyond saving.

"CAVEAT!"

I worked at Technical Resources International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really none, except SOME nice people (employees) you can get to know.

Cons

Ownership, Management, Work-environment: The most INCOMPETENT employer I know to exist or have dealt with. An environment that is near gulag in employment practices, employee management and atmosphere. Incompetence abounds at every level of the management chain which cares nothing about employees, as if any business does, and shows it.

Advice to Management

Would you really listen, care or receive it for consideration to make any changes? No!

RSS Feed </> Embed