Technicolor

Technicolor Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Technicolor CEO Frederic Rose

Frederic Rose

Pros
  • Good work environment; was part of a good team under a good boss (in 14 reviews)

• Benefits were great, decent work-life balance, celebrated diversity (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance , low payscale , not many growth opportunities (in 7 reviews)

• Senior management has no vision - focused on the immediate (poor) financial situation (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Technicolor is a good, challenging environment with plenty of talented colleagues

Director (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood challenging environment, fast paced, never stays the same

Conswork / life balance isn't always great

Don't come here you will be wasting your time and your career. Lots of layoffs.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Prosseems to be good company to work for. But in fact it is not. Do not come. You have been warned.

ConsLook other ways. Don't come. I made a mistake joining them.
    Constantly lay-off. Small market, uninterested products. They even offered company stock for purchase, at the end it comes totally zero. What a steal.

Advice to Senior Managementstop.

Layoffs, poor morale, career wasting move, downsizing, long hours,

Digital Media Manager (Current Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsNone: Layoffs in many departments, slow paced, everything stays the same.

ConsLayoffs in many departments, slow paced, everything stays the same. No work life balance. No career opportunities for those in entry level positions. Promotions are nonexistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery rude middle management, company wide audit badly needed here!!!!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Downsizing IT - 20% reduction in last 18 months

ProsVentura county location is very nice and keeps SoCal employees from having to commute into Los Angeles. They are progressive with working from home where feasible.

ConsSenior IT management does not make well thought-out decisions relating to personnel. They protect themselves and let critical resources go instead. It's easier than planning and controlling how IT is downsized, but the wrong approach. For the last 7 years, raises have averaged less than 1% per year.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a leadership role in controlling costs and start to make decisions that are best for the company as a whole, not individuals.

Client Services

Client Services (Current Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsThe older generation of employees that were still here are great hard working people.

ConsThe company doesn't care about their employees lack of advancement and is not worried to make that known.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote your hard working employees from within and hire outside for the positions that the current employees are doing.

Very long hours for FSSC group

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsFlexible schedule
    Discounted movie tickets
    Benefits costs are reasonable

ConsLONG, UNPAID OVERTIME HOURS (maybe 16 hour days during close)
    Lack of appreciation
    Way too stressful
    Lack of growth

Advice to Senior ManagementHours are way too long during month-end close. That's the biggest reason why there is so much employee turnover in the FSSC group in Ontario.

worst job of my life

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

Prosit was the worst job of my life. So no, this company has no pros

Consfirst shift you have to be there at about 5:30 am in order to ensure you have a spot. The shift starts at I believe 7. So you sit there for and hour and a half. You can't bring in your cell phone and you can't go to the parking lot unless you do not intend on coming back in, this includes lunch breaks. It was $ 7.25 an hour. It is full of the most uneducated people that memphis has to offer. Literally the last resort as far as jobs go.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit screwing over your employees. You know darn well that place is a craphole covered in crap

DO NOT WORK IN THEIR NPP SOURCING GROUP

Commodity Manager (Indirect Spend) (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsGood brand name in the entertainment industry for film visual effects and post-production. That's why Thompson (the French parent company) bought Technicolor to re-brand Thompson as Technicolor.

ConsWorst management in the NPP group I have ever had. Do not work here. They lost all their Indirect sourcing folks in 2013 and had to hire a new team (I was one of the three new hires). After working there for 7 weeks, I resigned.

The management (NPP) was rude, didn't listen to business strategic suggestions based on data analysis. I felt I was working under Kim Jong Un's regime. Very political. Rookie manager that doesn't have experience in managing good employees. Senior management's style is European-culture driven and doesn't work well in a US entertainment company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo make a big different for the better? You need a new senior management team that 1) understands the U.S. business culture and stop planting European culture in a US company, 2) Hire qualified senior management in the U.S. as well.

One of the worst place I worked

Software Architect (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsI have pretty much nothing to say about the pros except that somehow the brand histroy behind the company.

ConsHR personnel screwed my hiring contract on day one. VP were fighting each other over territory turfs.

Former Thomson (France) masquerading as their purchased subsidiary Technicolor (US)

Member Technical Staff (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsCompetitive salaries, generally speaking. Long history behind the many purchased predecessor companies (e.g. RCA, Technicolor). Many really good employees still remain, despite repeated downsizing.

ConsFrench management struggles to find a proper identity. Sincere efforts by experienced workforce is often undercut by chaotic changes in strategic direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the value of real, paying customers and serve them well; serve them better; or at least serve them.

Worked for Technicolor? Contribute to the Community!