Technisource Reviews

• Atlanta, GA
2.4
Technisource President of Randstad Technologies Robert M. Dickey
Robert M. Dickey

1. Flex-time, good culture, some growth opportunity, not much money.

Current Contractor - Quality Proofing Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Quality Proofing Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Technisource as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Flex-time! This job allows you to work when it's most convenient for you (and your family.) I worked from 11AM-9PM by choice. Very few companies allow this kind of schedule. The employees and leadership team were fun and creative people. I made a lot of friends. They were also great about diversity - I met people from different places, cultures, and ethnic groups every day. The leadership team asks for feedback from employees and tries to make the processes more efficient and better for everyone.

Cons

Money. Low hourly rate. Minimum benefits. Some (but not much) advancement opportunity. We didn't get paid for company perks, like the holiday luncheon. If we wanted to go, we had to give up hours of pay. There was also a lot of turnover - most of our design and proofing people were gone within a year of starting.

I know you can afford to compensate employees better! This might lead to less turnover within the organization. Also, it would be nice to help people work their way up within the organization (or to help them get contracts with the company contracting Technisource out). That may sound counterproductive, but people would stick around longer and share better stories about the organization with others.

Only pay attention to bottom line

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Technisource full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for a large company, multiple clients, and many jobs to work.

Cons

The company signs large contracts with no fee on 90 day contract to hire positions, so when you place good people, the come off quickly as they are made permanent.

Accounting determines performance - I worked and placed many 3 month contract to hire consultants who would then go permanent after 90 days, so my attrition was heavy, which was regarded as a negative mark against me even though the clients loved the people I was placing there.

Commission structure is terrible - it seems great when you see the plan until you find out that the Gross Margin they calculate is split in half between the recruiter and salesperson (which they don't reveal in the interviews).

If you are going to sign a bunch of 90 day contract to hire contracts, don't count it against your recruiters when their consultants go permanent.

Contractors used to staff an entire company to skirt employment law.

Former Contractor - SEM Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - SEM Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Technisource as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being a contractor meant little direct interaction with AT&T (now YP) management. We were also exempt from the company's paybands, so there was slightly more room for performance-based raises.

Cons

Kept to a strict timeclock that was enforced more inflexibly than fast food restaurants I've worked at. Kept in the dark about company changes to the point that process alterations that materially affected our day-to-day routine were revealed to us several days after they were to be implemented. Management failed to properly estimate staffing needs, so we experienced short, frequent cycles of growth and contraction.

All decisions about day-to-day operations are made by managers both experientially and physically distant from those who have to follow them. If you worked harder to take the advice of your people in the trenches, you might be able to decrease your churn rate of 35%.

This was the most unprofessional company I ever worked for!

Former Employee - Web Design in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Web Design in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Technisource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a paycheck. There is the possibility to be hired by the client. This is a short-term place to work, there is extremely high attrition because the environment.

Cons

I endured months of workplace bullying from my manager. I went to HR for help twice and was ignored. Finally, I was released from my contract in retaliation for my complaints, saying I was just not the right fit. This company lacks any workplace morals or ethics. They do not value their employees and they are only margins to them.

Treat your employees like assets instead of margins.

Ok if you need a job.......

Former Contractor - Customer Service in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Customer Service in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Technisource as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Paid weekly. Nice coworkers. Company sponsored holiday parties and picnics.

Cons

Expensive health benefits. No options offered once assignment had ended abruptly.

Provide performance-based incentives and better training. Value contractors just has much as permanent employees.

Technisource provides a stagnant career opportunity with little to no room for advancement.

Former Employee - Web/Graphics Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Web/Graphics Designer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Technisource

Pros

On time weekly pay
    Somewhat Flexible hours
    Time off typically approved when requested
    Friendly co-workers
    Easy bus transportation access in the city

Cons

Extremely expensive health insurance - $80 per week for 1 individual (which I cannot afford while earning their low pay rate)

Low pay rate in comparison to market rates for web/graphic design

I busted my rear end for several months at Technisource and never received an offer for a raise or promotion and thats when I realized I was just another expendable robot contractor staring at a grey cubicle wall for hours on end. After 1.5 years of working there, I'm throwing in the towel and pursuing a meaningful life.

I was rarely told I was doing a good job by management, and I was one of the top producers of work in my area.

You will start strong at this job as a designer, but after a few months you will feel out of place as your hands begin to deteriorate from carpal tunnel syndrome from the hours of repetitive clicking with no ergonomic friendly keyboard or mouse.

You spend your work day doing monotonous, repetitive work that lacks creativity (which is a designers main strength). You are told what to design - do not be mislead by hiring managers and recruiters when they tell you that you will have full creativity, because you do not at all.

Working at Technisource as a designer has crippled my creativity in the past year and a half from designing their remedial graphics. I still do not understand how they sell these products to real, honest business people. Production is the only concern at ATT IOG as a contractor, while the workplace morale is very low and the motto is quantity over quality for sure.

Day after day, I saw multiple ATT employees show up 30-90 minutes late and leave earlier than myself and I showed up on time. Might I add that ATT employees have much better benefeits and pay rates. How is this supposed to motivate me to work harder? All in all, contractors have the raw end of the deal at ATT IOG and should find new work immediately.

I quickly learned that I will not become a millionaire or wealthy person by working at Technisource. In fact, my body began to degrade from working at ATT IOG - my hands in particular. I often found myself using ibuprofen to get through the day and resorted to energy drinks just to motivate me to finish my work on time. Wrist pads or mouse pads are not offered and the only ergonomic supply you get is a somewhat decent adjustable chair. You must supply your own ergonomic mice, keyboard or pads on your already low pay rate.

I have so many other complaints with Technisource, but cannot spend all day writing them. I would not recommend working at ATT IOG as a contractor with Technisource to anyone unless they are absolutely desperate. I've come to a conclusion that my sanity and happiness is far more important than working as a slave on a corporate slave ship and being miserable every day.

Lastly, the software and platforms that ATT chooses to use are absolutely the worst I have ever used in my experience with content management systems. Their systems are constantly going down throughout the week. Even worse, the computers they use are inadequate for graphic design. Most often designers are equipped with 15" non-widescreen monitors and very slow computers not even matching up with todays lower priced $200 computers. My Adobe Photoshop would freeze numerous times a day, along with my Windows XP operating system which resulted in lost work time and even more frustration.

If you are contacted by a recruiter to work at ATT IOG as a contractor, I urge you to highly reconsider.

Thanks,
    Former Technisource Employee

Higher pay rates - ATT profits billions every quarter and the bottom of the food chain does not see any of that. Even a 50 cent raise after 1.5 years of working there would have been nice. 50 cents is only an extra $20 a week, which is a minuscule difference.

Better benefits - From my observation, contractors often work harder than ATT employees and deserve much better benefits than the current benefits. You accumulate 8 hours of vacation time after working 1500 hours of total work. After that, you get an additional 8 hours vacation time per every quarter (3 months). This is the most ridiculous vacation plan I've heard of. A 40 hour vacation allowance after 9 months to a year of working is suitable. Anything else is unacceptable for me.

Allow working from home - when i was hired on, I was promised that I would be able to earn up to 1-2 days a week working from home. A month after working, this privilege was taken away from the entire floor for unannounced reasons.

Excellent co-workers, Terrible Management

Former Employee - Graphic Designer At AT&T IOG in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer At AT&T IOG in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Technisource

Pros

The people that you interact with (you're peers) are very cool, creative people. Most of the designers are in their late 20s to 40s but the other peeps have just as much fun as the younger ones. I really miss my team. You will make genuine lifelong friends at this job.

Cons

I'm speaking about the contract for AT&T. Majority of the employee's in AT&T's Internet Operations Group are contractors through Technisource. AT&T refuses to hire anyone on permanently. Management at AT&T does care about their employees and you will have a new VP to come in every few months and promise all these changes, then they will get a promotion and leave the department. Our division just seemed like the stop over for most senior managements promotion to somewhere else. No one really cares whats going on that department or sticks around to really address any issues. The employee's don't really have a voice. The employee's are obviously more hands on than senior management yet they are not allowed to suggest procedure improvements. Sales rep's have all the power b/c they are getting the sales so everything, no matter how backwards or unproductive their ideas are, they say goes. There is no room for growth - again b/c everyone is a contractor and I don't even think contractors are allowed to be hired even if they wanted to. Because you are a contractor, it takes a year for you to get benefits. So you will work 1 year before you are allowed paid holidays (mind you, the building is closed and you will not be paid for Thanksgiving, etc..for 1 year), a 1 week (not 2) vacation and a couple of sick days. The medical benefits consist of 6 doctors visits a year. If you get sick more than that, you're screwed. And i don't think there is any 401K or anything like that so you can forget about retirement. They try to convince you to work there forever but if you want to work somewhere where they match your 401K or IRA contributions, this is not the place. You are just wasting you life away and pushing back your retirement age everyday that you work here.

Maybe room for growth for people who show interest in the company and are excelling in their job function. Recognition to those who are top performers even if they are not very outspoken and reminding you of how good they are. Benefits to new employees, don't make them wait a year. A chance to be hired on with AT&T.

9. A blur of unhappy days

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Technisource

Pros

The contract does not have a specific end date, so there is no "limit" on how long you stay, stable pay and weekly paychecks,

Cons

contract is not stable work - as in they can end the contract at any time on a whim, pay is no where near the deserved salary, the managers look down on everyone who works there, terrible benefits - overall, i wouldn't recommend this job

Respect your employees and think of them as real people. Also, work on providing a better benefits package. $80/week for a single person is outrageous, and 4 paid days off a year is ridiculous.

It felt like a scam. They offered the perfect job, but when you were in the position everything changed.

Current Employee - Desktop Publisher/Web Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Desktop Publisher/Web Designer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Technisource

Pros

If you need to get your foot in the door, this can be a good option, but keep your expectation low. There business model is that of a assembly line worker.

Cons

Extremely unstable, people were getting fired left and right for no apparent reason, and do not go around asking too much. If you did ask around about managements procedures, you were called in for a meeting, not a good one.

The jod description, there was none. I asked for one many times, and all I got were confused looks and bad excuses. I later found out that this permitted them to change your responsibilities when ever they saw fit, so my job started as a Desktop Publisher and ended as some type of Customer Service position.

The health benefits, insulting. They offer the minimum, so they can use it as a sales pitch in the interview. example: It's contract work, but you have health benefits.

The work environment is that of an assembly line worker. You are expect to meet your numbers and nothing else matters. If you do not, your fired. They are not interested in your growth or development as an employee.

In conclusion, I do not recommend them.

Do not mislead people. Sooner or later they find out and your relationship with them will be ruined. People are not machines. They will make mistakes and firing them on a whim is not the solution.

11. A great company to get your feet wet in consulting.

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Technisource

Pros

Time flexibility, ability to select projects.

Cons

No C.O.L.A., poor internal communication.

Please expand the company. Don't consolidate too much.

Technisource Photos

break
What else would you like to know?

+ Add Photo