Techtronic Industries North America

www.ttigroup.com

Techtronic Industries North America Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014

Techtronic Industries North America CEO Joseph Galli Jr.
Joseph Galli Jr.

Pros
  • good pay/benefits, get a truck with gas card (in 10 reviews)

• Company truck and all the expenses paid for with it (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • You essentially become a glorified stock person for the Home Depot (in 27 reviews)

• 100% of your time is spent working in Home Depot (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Field Sales Rep

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America

Pros

Great managers with awesome product knowledge, great benefits, depending on your manager, a lot of independent work

Cons

Only in stores once a week- hard to keep consistency among all stores in territory, lots of product knowledge to learn

Electrical Design Engineer

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time

Pros

Friendly Environment and good work to life balance

Cons

Lack of new ideas and travelling.

Satisfied as my first full-time job.

Current Employee - Junior Technical Writer (Temp)  in  Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Junior Technical Writer (Temp) in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good base pay, excellent co-workers, sweet deals on their products, Mon-Fri with paid vacations and holidays. Care for their employees and a friendly environment.

Cons

Tight deadlines, some are harder to work with then others and expect you to jump over the moon and back for their project when you have several others to work on as well. I was a temp but the department chose to do away with me and I was replaced with someone else that was going to do the same job that I was already trained in. But other then that I was satisfied with my employment there.

In my department I had excellent trainers that showed me the ropes while working on their own projects at the same time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Field Sales Representative at TTI

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Techtronic Industries North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of Freedom. You won't see your manager but a few times a year.

Cons

You work at Home Depot. Many times, you feel like an associate there. The job requires no thinking at all.

You are a Home Depot associate in a TTI branded shirt

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative  in  Farmingdale, NY
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Farmingdale, NY

I worked at Techtronic Industries North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

You learn how to sell in its most basic form by suggesting TTI products over competitors to Home Depot customers. You will gain an understanding of how a store is set up from a merchandising standpoint. They provide a truck. The hours are good because of very little day to day interaction with management (you can come and go as you please).

Cons

This job is nothing but a blemish on your resume, even if it is your first job out of college. Your main responsibilities are to replace/repair product displays and signage, adjust home depot shelves to fit products according to schematics, down stock new product from storage areas, update pricing stickers on products...do you get the point? Training is in Milwaukee, WI. The truck is Milwaukee Tools Red and filled with cardboard displays that you have to build at each of your stores. You are periodically walked by TTI management throughout your stores kind of like a kitchen inspection in restaurants. Your direct boss has no power so the only opportunity you have to move up is impress the next level boss on your inspection visit. You are required to take pictures of shoppers with products you've sold to them. You receive NO bonus/commission for the products you've sold and the system is very inaccurate. I think everyone was asking shoppers to snap a pic with products they didn't buy just to submit something and move onto some cleaning/downstocking/reorganizing product. During the prime retail months of the year they switch you to a Tuesday-Saturday schedule. The salary is very low for the amount of hard work this job requires.

Offer incentives like quarterly bonuses to reps that dominate stores and produce the most sales. Give high performing reps the ability to increase their earnings rather than promise a few promotions to a large team. If you want to continue targeting college grads be honest about the scope of work up front. I was told I would be planning the merchandising, not on my hands and knees stocking shelves and building merchandisers.

Good foot in the door job

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative

Pros

Some freedom, you have a territory, your boss isn't constantly breathing down your neck
    Company car that you can use for personal use
    Strong company growth forecast

Cons

corporate micromanagement
    Seems like growth is outpacing the ability of corporate employees to effectively do their jobs, the efficiency with which this company operates is atrocious.
    A lot of running around and busywork, POP ships directly to house and often times reps aren't granted much say into promotion You just get a call and up and go.

Consult a firm to help with company efficiency to eliminate mistakes in shipping and POP production. Prioritize for reps, do you want a store that sells product and a rep that builds relationships with THD management, or a rep that sweats their tail off making sure each BSR is noted and each price label is straight. Stop wasting time on little things that customers wouldn't ever even notice anyway.

Good starting Job

Current Employee - Single Store Representative  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Single Store Representative in New York, NY

Pros

Gas, Truck, Benefits, Sales and Product experience, autonomy

Cons

Glorified Home Depot employee every day

Less micromanagement, enough programmed one size fits all management styles

Good design sells itself.. excessive marketing is over-rated

I worked at Techtronic Industries North America full-time

Pros

The designers are very supportive of new ideas. Great place to learn from some of the best designers in the industry. The skills that you learn here sets the standards pretty high and prepares you for high level positions at future occupational interests.

Cons

The outrageous demands of the marketing team of the company needs to be controlled better. Ridiculous demands of design projects forces good designers to be in positions where there is not much time for sensible thought process to be applied to the design. This give the feeling that the company is more interested in flooding the market with products rather than good quality products.

Ok job

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

You get a company vehicle that you are able to use 365 days a year. The gas card really comes in handy. You are also working with no supervision and little micro management depending on what manager you get. The job itself is quite easy. TTi offers great benefits.

Cons

The job becomes extremely mundane. You must be willing to relocate (most often far away) to move up and the increase in pay is very small. There is quite a bit of manual labor that makes you wonder why a college degree is needed for the position.

Be more straight forward about the role during the interview process.

Fast paced, exciting job with quick movement potential

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Techtronic Industries North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very fast paced. You literally never have a boring day, and you learn a lot about the industry while in this role.

Cons

Long days during peak seasons.

N/A

Worked for Techtronic Industries North America? Contribute to the Community!