Tecomax Reviews

Updated February 15, 2015
7 reviews filtered by
1.7
CEO

1. Seriously the best Company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at Tecomax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Despite all these horrible things I've read about this company I've actually haven't worked for a better company. I've been in several different industries. First off this company does not suck the life out of you nor does it ruin relationships as the post below would lead you to believe. Tecomax is a business. Any person that has a contract with our company are held up to the most professionalism. Tecomax isn't a scam. We have been in business for over 20 years. We are recognized by the BBB and also a foutune 500 company. We give fantastic oportunites so many, many people. We only hire the best to represent the top Retail Energy Providers. We take pride in each and every person that we hire. I am highly upset with the bad mouthing these ex agents put on this website. This business has been there for my thick and thin. We are all family here at Tecomax!

Cons

The only challenge that you would find is that this isn't a show up and get paid job. Hard work gets you further than you think!

Advice to Management

The management are the backbone of this company, extremely experienced and take care of every single person that is apart of this team.

2. Don't be fooled!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Tecomax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

little to no hiring qualifications, they will hire anyone.

Cons

This company does not care about its employees at all. You can
    Fail your drug test so there are lots of drug users working here as well. I worked here for over a year and saw many people end up 10x worse than they started off when they walked in the doors. They do a great job of promising the world and not delivering. I was told many times I would be running an office soon and never saw a single piece of that either. There were many failed deals that I would call the customer to ask why the cancelled and they would have service with reliant. So it seems to me that this company is very dishonest on payment as well. The
    Management is very two faced, I had to move for a week and got a text from the national that it was his goal to eliminate me after I had been a top producer in the company for over a year, writing between 12-20 deals consistent on a weekly basis. Like I said they do not care about there employees, during this time I had also qualified to go on a paid vacation for the company. I worked very hard, they did not deliver on that either. Everything about this place is a lie! Stay away at all
    Costs!!!! There is also no benefits or compensation here at all your 1099.

Advice to Management

dont lie to your employees, value your hard working ones. Don't lie about your business and pay people for what they have done.

3. Tecomax is the worst company I've ever worked for! My life hasn't ever been better since I got away from Tecomax!!!!!

Former Contractor - Regional Sales Manager/TEAM LEADER in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Contractor - Regional Sales Manager/TEAM LEADER in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Tecomax as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They will hire people that can't read write or spell! So if your in this category definitely apply! They also have great opportunities for homeless people.

Cons

Tecomax is a multi-level Marketing company/scheme. They completely brainwash the hardworking people that work for them. If your applying at Tecomax run while you can. I worked there for almost two years. The best thing that has ever happened to me was getting away from Tecomax. They have shorted me on so many of my checks it is ridiculous! I would sign a customer up, they would tell me the customer canceled and didn't pay me on the job. I would then call the customer and they were still enrolled. I worked 80hrs a week for almost two years and have nothing to show for it. I drove 7 people around all day, got them to believe in Tecomax's system, and basically ruined their lives. I was running a road trip and had a guy threaten about 7 people with a knife. I called to see what I should do about it, my boss said to just not worry about it and to tell people just to not talk to him. Like I said run while you can.

Advice to Management

Stop brainwashing people. Stop promising the world to people just to get them to start working for you.

This place ruins lives and will leave you with nothing.

Former Employee - Team Leader in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Tecomax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pros? Ummmm.... There are none this place is a nightmare, stay away! I saw this place ruin lives on a weekly basis.

Cons

Very long hours, 80-100 hours a week. Your first check doesn't come for three weeks and only is comprised of 4 days of work 1 of which your still training. Training is very long and doesn't pay. Yes you can make 1000 per week but with those hours it comes to around 11.70 an hour. They will try very hard to brain was you with "the information" it's really Info from a great book call "the laws of success" but they use it and abuse it to brain wash people into believing that the company will make them a Millionaire. This place is full of snakes, you come be put with a team leader who really could careless and be dropped off for 6-7 hours with no car or way to leave short of calling someone to come get you. Most people worked those hours and only made between 100-600 a week that's way under minimum wage. They get around it by making you 1099. No benefits at this company and since taxes aren't taken out you will owe the IRS 20% of anything you make. Please stay away from this place I saw it put people on the street and ruin relationships/marriages. And they don't care. Well you will hear it from the leaders in the company "they care... But not that much!" These people are all snakes. I cannot believe I survived this place for over a year but I finally found my way away from this place and my live is much happier.

Advice to Management

close your doors.

6. Worst Decision Ever

I worked at Tecomax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to make as much as you want, quick advancement, ability to move up the chain of command quickly

Cons

100% commission, they lie and deceive you saying that you will get a base plus commission. Pay structure is unclear and lucrative, they expect you to travel for weeks at a time. Long hours and they try to say it's not really door to door but it is 100% cold knocking with a "pre qualified list" terrible hours as well as long hot days = high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with trainees about pay structure, be more professional during training sessions

A Working Experience Worse than Anything I Could Have Imagined

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I worked at Tecomax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I now understand just how utterly vindictive and abusive a company can really be.

Cons

This "job" is a scam.

1. They're training program is about a week long. You will not be paid for training.

2. You are required to pay for the cost of your own drug test.

3. In the interview they will tell you that you can expect to earn $2000 per month. This is a bald faced lie. Be advised: the market for privatized energy has been saturated. There is very little money to be made selling it, and it is 100% commission.

4. You will be expected to work 6 days a week, 12 hours per day. Again, this is 100% commission, so if you don't make anything, you are out of luck.

5. When I was forced to quit that "job" since it was not paying my bills, and I was unable to actively search for work while working there (since I was working 72 hours per week), and was forced to file for unemployment through the military, they went out of their way to tell the Texas Workforce Commission that they were my employer, which is also a bald-faced lie. Because I filed W9s, and not W4s with them, technically, I was self-employed, and not an employee of their company; a fact they went out of their way to point out during the training program. This is why they are able to make you work without actually paying you; and because of this, they never paid a red cent in unemployment taxes for me -- and yet they told the TWC that I had been an employee of theirs. Complete falsehood. I now have to go through a lengthy appeals process to get my unemployment benefits, and in the meantime, my rent is coming due. I will probably have to borrow money from my parents or temporarily accept a high school caliber job (after a career as a military officer) because of these crooks.

These people will steal your life, pay you nothing, and then go out of their way to urinate on your corpse.

STAY AWAY.

Advice to Management

Conning people into working for nothing is one thing. Going out of your way to screw with them after the fact is indefensible.

You can make more money working at mcdonalds

Former Contractor - Team Leader in Plano, TX
    Former Contractor - Team Leader in Plano, TX

I worked at Tecomax as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very independent since you are an independent contractor. You can get promoted in just a few days.

Cons

This company pays its sales reps 100% commission. I was a team leader and had 28 people on my team excluding myself. I worked about 75+ hours a week and made a little over $100 dollars. You will not get paid what you are supposed to. You are also a independent contractor meaning what you make is before you pay taxes.

Advice to Management

Do not take this job. You will make so much more working minimum wage at McDonalds.