Tecomax Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
CEO

1. Agent Rep. Reliant - (DFW and Houston)

Former Employee - Agent in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Agent in DFW, TX

I worked at Tecomax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They gave me opportunities to move in and out of state which I thought was really cool especially since I had not finished college yet. They hired me which felt good especially since I had been on many interviews with people who told me either I didnt qualify or was over qualified. After going through the training course for Tecomax's Reliant team, I was able to make $1,300 my 1st week, $1,100 my 2nd week and $4,300 my 3rd week + my Bonuses. I had no issues like those below. I would even ask: Why did you work for 2-3 years with those guys if you were that miserable? the money was amazing, they work with schedules and they promote fast?

Cons

They worked with my school schedule and I only needed to work 3-5 days a week to make $1,000 a week so I have no Cons really. I was able to do this consistantly for 3 years. I had to move to a non deregulated state so I had to give up the job : (

Advice to Management

Duplicate your DFW team and make an office in Florida for us to work at! Please!

2. Answer to management

Former Employee - Team Leader in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Tecomax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very easy to get hired here, like all the posts say below. Drug tests can be failed, some might consider this a pro...
    Lots of smiling faces.

Cons

all the positive reviews here are clearly from management. It's clear especially if you have ever worked in management of this company. The money stated at 4300 in a week plus bonuses is BS. I know the girl that holds the company record for DFW largest check offices! And she doesn't work there anymore. This place is built upon lies and deceit. I strongly recommend to stay away, the are master manipulator sand liars. And the article about long hours translates into around 11 dollars per hour is exactly right, plus no taxes taken out so subtract 20% from that $11 to boot. Am so glad I left this company, I now have the best benefits ever for my family and work in an excellent environment, my life is so much better since I left. And the reason I stayed so long is because, like I said, they are master manipulators and amazing lairs!

Advice to Management

Stop your lies and stop ruining people's
    Lives to gain on your finances.

3. Waste of time JOB

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Tecomax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If they had a no star rating i would click that. Dont do it ppl. They lie to you from the start. U will loose alot working for them. Its lies all over

Cons

waste of time JOB. Dont do it. You will loose time money and your family if you do.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to ppl to get them to work for yall

5. Seriously the best Company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at Tecomax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Despite all these horrible things I've read about this company I've actually haven't worked for a better company. I've been in several different industries. First off this company does not suck the life out of you nor does it ruin relationships as the post below would lead you to believe. Tecomax is a business. Any person that has a contract with our company are held up to the most professionalism. Tecomax isn't a scam. We have been in business for over 20 years. We are recognized by the BBB and also a foutune 500 company. We give fantastic oportunites so many, many people. We only hire the best to represent the top Retail Energy Providers. We take pride in each and every person that we hire. I am highly upset with the bad mouthing these ex agents put on this website. This business has been there for my thick and thin. We are all family here at Tecomax!

Cons

The only challenge that you would find is that this isn't a show up and get paid job. Hard work gets you further than you think!

Advice to Management

The management are the backbone of this company, extremely experienced and take care of every single person that is apart of this team.

Don't be fooled!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Tecomax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

little to no hiring qualifications, they will hire anyone.

Cons

This company does not care about its employees at all. You can
    Fail your drug test so there are lots of drug users working here as well. I worked here for over a year and saw many people end up 10x worse than they started off when they walked in the doors. They do a great job of promising the world and not delivering. I was told many times I would be running an office soon and never saw a single piece of that either. There were many failed deals that I would call the customer to ask why the cancelled and they would have service with reliant. So it seems to me that this company is very dishonest on payment as well. The
    Management is very two faced, I had to move for a week and got a text from the national that it was his goal to eliminate me after I had been a top producer in the company for over a year, writing between 12-20 deals consistent on a weekly basis. Like I said they do not care about there employees, during this time I had also qualified to go on a paid vacation for the company. I worked very hard, they did not deliver on that either. Everything about this place is a lie! Stay away at all
    Costs!!!! There is also no benefits or compensation here at all your 1099.

Advice to Management

dont lie to your employees, value your hard working ones. Don't lie about your business and pay people for what they have done.

Tecomax is the worst company I've ever worked for! My life hasn't ever been better since I got away from Tecomax!!!!!

Former Contractor - Regional Sales Manager/TEAM LEADER in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Contractor - Regional Sales Manager/TEAM LEADER in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Tecomax as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They will hire people that can't read write or spell! So if your in this category definitely apply! They also have great opportunities for homeless people.

Cons

Tecomax is a multi-level Marketing company/scheme. They completely brainwash the hardworking people that work for them. If your applying at Tecomax run while you can. I worked there for almost two years. The best thing that has ever happened to me was getting away from Tecomax. They have shorted me on so many of my checks it is ridiculous! I would sign a customer up, they would tell me the customer canceled and didn't pay me on the job. I would then call the customer and they were still enrolled. I worked 80hrs a week for almost two years and have nothing to show for it. I drove 7 people around all day, got them to believe in Tecomax's system, and basically ruined their lives. I was running a road trip and had a guy threaten about 7 people with a knife. I called to see what I should do about it, my boss said to just not worry about it and to tell people just to not talk to him. Like I said run while you can.

Advice to Management

Stop brainwashing people. Stop promising the world to people just to get them to start working for you.

Worst Decision Ever

I worked at Tecomax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to make as much as you want, quick advancement, ability to move up the chain of command quickly

Cons

100% commission, they lie and deceive you saying that you will get a base plus commission. Pay structure is unclear and lucrative, they expect you to travel for weeks at a time. Long hours and they try to say it's not really door to door but it is 100% cold knocking with a "pre qualified list" terrible hours as well as long hot days = high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with trainees about pay structure, be more professional during training sessions

A Working Experience Worse than Anything I Could Have Imagined

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I worked at Tecomax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I now understand just how utterly vindictive and abusive a company can really be.

Cons

This "job" is a scam.

1. They're training program is about a week long. You will not be paid for training.

2. You are required to pay for the cost of your own drug test.

3. In the interview they will tell you that you can expect to earn $2000 per month. This is a bald faced lie. Be advised: the market for privatized energy has been saturated. There is very little money to be made selling it, and it is 100% commission.

4. You will be expected to work 6 days a week, 12 hours per day. Again, this is 100% commission, so if you don't make anything, you are out of luck.

5. When I was forced to quit that "job" since it was not paying my bills, and I was unable to actively search for work while working there (since I was working 72 hours per week), and was forced to file for unemployment through the military, they went out of their way to tell the Texas Workforce Commission that they were my employer, which is also a bald-faced lie. Because I filed W9s, and not W4s with them, technically, I was self-employed, and not an employee of their company; a fact they went out of their way to point out during the training program. This is why they are able to make you work without actually paying you; and because of this, they never paid a red cent in unemployment taxes for me -- and yet they told the TWC that I had been an employee of theirs. Complete falsehood. I now have to go through a lengthy appeals process to get my unemployment benefits, and in the meantime, my rent is coming due. I will probably have to borrow money from my parents or temporarily accept a high school caliber job (after a career as a military officer) because of these crooks.

These people will steal your life, pay you nothing, and then go out of their way to urinate on your corpse.

STAY AWAY.

Advice to Management

Conning people into working for nothing is one thing. Going out of your way to screw with them after the fact is indefensible.

You can make more money working at mcdonalds

Former Contractor - Team Leader in Plano, TX
    Former Contractor - Team Leader in Plano, TX

I worked at Tecomax as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very independent since you are an independent contractor. You can get promoted in just a few days.

Cons

This company pays its sales reps 100% commission. I was a team leader and had 28 people on my team excluding myself. I worked about 75+ hours a week and made a little over $100 dollars. You will not get paid what you are supposed to. You are also a independent contractor meaning what you make is before you pay taxes.

Advice to Management

Do not take this job. You will make so much more working minimum wage at McDonalds.

RSS Feed </> Embed