Tecomax Reviews

1.0

CEO

Worst Decision Ever

I worked at Tecomax full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ability to make as much as you want, quick advancement, ability to move up the chain of command quickly

Cons

100% commission, they lie and deceive you saying that you will get a base plus commission. Pay structure is unclear and lucrative, they expect you to travel for weeks at a time. Long hours and they try to say it's not really door to door but it is 100% cold knocking with a "pre qualified list" terrible hours as well as long hot days = high turnover rate.

Be upfront with trainees about pay structure, be more professional during training sessions

A Working Experience Worse than Anything I Could Have Imagined

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I worked at Tecomax full-time for less than a year

Pros

I now understand just how utterly vindictive and abusive a company can really be.

Cons

This "job" is a scam.

1. They're training program is about a week long. You will not be paid for training.

2. You are required to pay for the cost of your own drug test.

3. In the interview they will tell you that you can expect to earn $2000 per month. This is a bald faced lie. Be advised: the market for privatized energy has been saturated. There is very little money to be made selling it, and it is 100% commission.

4. You will be expected to work 6 days a week, 12 hours per day. Again, this is 100% commission, so if you don't make anything, you are out of luck.

5. When I was forced to quit that "job" since it was not paying my bills, and I was unable to actively search for work while working there (since I was working 72 hours per week), and was forced to file for unemployment through the military, they went out of their way to tell the Texas Workforce Commission that they were my employer, which is also a bald-faced lie. Because I filed W9s, and not W4s with them, technically, I was self-employed, and not an employee of their company; a fact they went out of their way to point out during the training program. This is why they are able to make you work without actually paying you; and because of this, they never paid a red cent in unemployment taxes for me -- and yet they told the TWC that I had been an employee of theirs. Complete falsehood. I now have to go through a lengthy appeals process to get my unemployment benefits, and in the meantime, my rent is coming due. I will probably have to borrow money from my parents or temporarily accept a high school caliber job (after a career as a military officer) because of these crooks.

These people will steal your life, pay you nothing, and then go out of their way to urinate on your corpse.

STAY AWAY.

Conning people into working for nothing is one thing. Going out of your way to screw with them after the fact is indefensible.

You can make more money working at mcdonalds

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Plano, TX

I worked at Tecomax as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Very independent since you are an independent contractor. You can get promoted in just a few days.

Cons

This company pays its sales reps 100% commission. I was a team leader and had 28 people on my team excluding myself. I worked about 75+ hours a week and made a little over $100 dollars. You will not get paid what you are supposed to. You are also a independent contractor meaning what you make is before you pay taxes.

Do not take this job. You will make so much more working minimum wage at McDonalds.

Worked for Tecomax? Contribute to the Community!