Tecta America

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark F. Santacrose

Tecta is a very interesting place to work based on how the company was formed.

ProsSenior management is, overall, the most qualified group that I have seen in several companies where I have worked.
    The management at the operating unit level are a great bunch of people.
    The work environment is one where everyone respects each other and no one acts better than the others..

ConsThe recession has impacted the ability to get any kind of a substantial raise in the last couple of years and bonuses, for the most part, have been non-existent. Hopefully, this will change as the economy improves.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn personal comment to people who are doing a great job would be appreciated - some people feel as they are never noticed while others are perceived at the "stars"

was there 32 years and company was fine until it was sold to a corporation. than it went down hill from there.

Shop Yard Foreman Etc Etc Etc Etc----------- (Former Employee) Denver, CO

Prosyour check wont bounce. benefits ok. leadership fair to ok at different times. senior management ok at different times. there are a few good people there that are honest.

Conssenior management due to ages and no real field experience and they leave it up to old school experience to do what they should know. raises few and far between dealing with people that do not speak our language and have no pride in what and how they do it.

Advice to Senior Managementsenior management with any company should have field experience.

Service Sales Representative

Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsLike the people in our office a lot. They have taught me quite a bit about the industry and how to source new leads.

ConsCommission structure is not defined well when coming in. Was promised a good commission structure if I kept on track with my sales goals. Have not received a dollar in commissions since I have come on board. Currently I am on track to reach my sales goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a separation between Corporate and each individual operating unit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

TectaAmerica corporation nationally is a well run business that results in a challenging but fun place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsTectaAmerica has good competent leadership at the corporate level nationally and there is a wealth of training opportunities for all positions including best practice studies and implementation.

ConsLocal unit management can and does vary widely in style and unity. Their are limited advancement opportunities and it can be a very high pressure place to work.

It has been a great place to learn and grow professionally.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsTecta America is well respected within the roofing industry nationwide.

ConsThere seems to be a lack in direction for the people in the sales function of this company. You tend to find yourself taking on many tasks that fall outside of the sales role.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamlining communications needs to be a task that is taken very seriously. There seems to be a disconnect at times between the operating units and the corporate level.

Worked for Tecta America? Contribute to the Community!