Tecta America

Mark F. Santacrose

Service Sales Representative

Current Employee - Service Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Service Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Tecta America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Like the people in our office a lot. They have taught me quite a bit about the industry and how to source new leads.

Cons

Commission structure is not defined well when coming in. Was promised a good commission structure if I kept on track with my sales goals. Have not received a dollar in commissions since I have come on board. Currently I am on track to reach my sales goal.

There is a separation between Corporate and each individual operating unit.

Tecta is all about the Executives not the workers

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Tecta America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you live in the area and really need a job

Cons

never getting a raise unless you are a higher up

let the employees know what is going on and how the company is doing instead of everyone guessing

was there 32 years and company was fine until it was sold to a corporation. than it went down hill from there.

Former Employee - Shop Yard Foreman Etc Etc Etc Etc----------- in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Shop Yard Foreman Etc Etc Etc Etc----------- in Denver, CO

I worked at Tecta America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

your check wont bounce. benefits ok. leadership fair to ok at different times. senior management ok at different times. there are a few good people there that are honest.

Cons

senior management due to ages and no real field experience and they leave it up to old school experience to do what they should know. raises few and far between dealing with people that do not speak our language and have no pride in what and how they do it.

senior management with any company should have field experience.

TectaAmerica corporation nationally is a well run business that results in a challenging but fun place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Tecta America

Pros

TectaAmerica has good competent leadership at the corporate level nationally and there is a wealth of training opportunities for all positions including best practice studies and implementation.

Cons

Local unit management can and does vary widely in style and unity. Their are limited advancement opportunities and it can be a very high pressure place to work.

It has been a great place to learn and grow professionally.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tecta America

Pros

Tecta America is well respected within the roofing industry nationwide.

Cons

There seems to be a lack in direction for the people in the sales function of this company. You tend to find yourself taking on many tasks that fall outside of the sales role.

Streamlining communications needs to be a task that is taken very seriously. There seems to be a disconnect at times between the operating units and the corporate level.

Tecta is a very interesting place to work based on how the company was formed.

I have been working at Tecta America

Pros

Senior management is, overall, the most qualified group that I have seen in several companies where I have worked.
    The management at the operating unit level are a great bunch of people.
    The work environment is one where everyone respects each other and no one acts better than the others..

Cons

The recession has impacted the ability to get any kind of a substantial raise in the last couple of years and bonuses, for the most part, have been non-existent. Hopefully, this will change as the economy improves.

An personal comment to people who are doing a great job would be appreciated - some people feel as they are never noticed while others are perceived at the "stars"