Tecta Associates

Ahmad Mohazab

Small Company....Big Heart

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tecta Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Principal of TECTA cares a lot about his employees. Not just as employees, but as people. If you're looking to work for a small company with all of the nuance of a large family, then TECTA is where it’s at. This place is filled with real people of diverse backgrounds and varying abilities. Working in close proximity to others and the fact that the office itself is aesthetically rewarding, create an experience opposite to that of a staunch corporate office with a sea of cubicles. You will not get lost in the masses at TECTA. Which provides both opportunities for your strengths to shine, and equally for your weaknesses to be less transparent.

Cons

The Principal can be quirky in his management style at times. The size of the company precludes very much middle management or middle leadership. Our fearless leaders’ door is constantly revolving and therefore “overburdened, however, well intentioned” can often describe the availability of leadership to employees. The sometimes lack of professionalism is noticeable, but I can’t say that is a always “Con” as we are all human. Sometimes that same lack of professionalism can lead to the kind of flexibility we all need from time to time.

Continue your loyal commitment to you employees. Increase your commitment to professionalism and consistency. Provide more proactive and consistent management. Find a way to hold employees more accountable. Keep up the good attitude and ever present ability to roll with the punches.

Extremely Unprofessional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Tecta Associates

Pros

Location
    Parking
    Cool Office Design
    Good Office Manager

Cons

Employees are Tasked
    No leadership
    No growth opportunities

Consider bringing in partners to handle leadership piece of business