Tectura
www.tectura.com San Mateo, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Tectura Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014
Tectura – Mumbai – “fighter”

Tectura President and CEO Duane W. Bell

Duane W. Bell

Positioned the Company for liquidity event!

I worked at Tectura

ProsWe were able to deliver SaaS solutions in over 70 countries in the last three years. We entered new markets in Africa and South America. The people count, employees, vendors or customers they make the experience worth the journey!

ConsThe difficulty is meeting the demand for qualified resources of ERP and CRM consultants. The sellers own the market and the buyers have to experience constant churn as the market offers 2 1/2 times the opportunities for each resource.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a global organization it was difficult to keep the culture consistent in the many locations, creating a culture requires leadership and constant communication of the true values.

Manager

Manager (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at Tectura full-time for less than a year

ProsA lot of work and opportunities

ConsProcess is not good. Fire fighting mode all the time

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove on process

Poor Upper Management

Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Tectura full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat people at the working level

ConsUpper Management only cares about bottom line.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience at Tectura was pleasant & professional

I worked at Tectura

ProsTectura is a well established company that pays market rate salaries with great benefits and team environment. They are also a Microsoft platinum partner.

ConsI have no negative experiences to report regarding my experience at Tectura. Like many other Tech firms during this time, unexpected lay offs would have been out of their control, due the the bad economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat work!

Organized Chaos

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tectura full-time for more than 5 years

ProsA global organization with large global clients. There is a diverse group of very talented people employed at Tectura. While internal training is practically non-existent there are team members willing to share knowledge as time allows.

ConsThe layers of upper management are in a constant state of upheaval. Meanwhile nothing really changes. Employee retention is a problem. The company culture doesn't act as though it values the revenue generating employees. The turn over in the past year has been ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise the I&B plan to be competitive with other partners. Invest in the employees i.e. real training (not figure it out yourself possibly by trial and error at the expense of the client and the share what you learned with team members). Keep a finger on the pulse of employee morale and act accordingly. Happy team members give peak performance and make great cheer leaders for the company!

Really bad experience and I would not recommend to anyone.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Tectura full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are some talented people still there. Most have left.

ConsPeople in low positions in tech support get away with doing very little.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because some of you customer like a support person does not mean they are doing a good job.

Great people, Weathered the downturn, Moving forward

IT Consultant (Current Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Tectura full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe best part of working at Tectura has been the great people I work with. Direct management shows that they care about folks on their teams, and is committed to help you be successful. Upper management is focused on establishing a solid foundation for the company, and moving forward into compelling areas.

ConsDue to the downturn, there were repercussions due to aspects of Tectura's earlier rapid expansion. This led to impacts on the workforce that prompted many folks to leave. Blame can certainly be applied to _former_ upper management, however, those folks have primarily set up shop in other companies at this point.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue and expand communication with the company as a whole. We need to rebuild our sense of team that encompasses the globe, not just our local group.

Unmanaged and not integrated acquisitions really hurt the company

Consultant (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Tectura full-time

ProsHad some interesting consulting work there. Worked with some great people there. Prior to outside investor involvement compensation and culture were good.

ConsYou would expect with the large descrepancy between billables and gross there would be more effort expended in developing a pipeline for the next gig. Bonuses held back due to cash flow issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsultants can vote with their feet and leave. Treat your employees better.

Great Company

I have been working at Tectura

ProsVery good company, Knowledgeable Coworkers and good clients

ConsNever got any bonus promised as part of the compensation package

Overall good experience, learned quite a bit.

Program Manager (Bellevue, WA Location) (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Tectura

Pros-Great people that want to make it a fun place to work
-Treated like an adult
-Good work life balance
-Easy access and general open door policies by senior management

Cons-Lack of direction, out of touch with market
-No real "leadership", people promoted for time with company instead of knowledge/ability
-Company spends a lot of time soliciting feedback and asking for suggestions but no action is ever taken based on feedback provided
-No solid path for future of company (at least not shared with employees)
-Very narrow customer base

Advice to Senior Management-Be honest with people regarding the future of the company
-Take action on some of the feedback provided by employees
-Expand customer base

Worked for Tectura? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tectura reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tectura CEO Duane W. Bell. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by Tectura employees.