Tecumseh Products

James J. (Jim) Connor

Review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Tecumseh Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to learn lots of new things.

Cons

Company in transformation, so not very stable.

My experience here was mostly Positive, until they moved the entire plant out of state.

Former Employee - Machine Shop in New Holstein, WI
    Former Employee - Machine Shop in New Holstein, WI

I worked at Tecumseh Products full-time (more than an year)

Pros

i loved the hours, they were easy to work around with my daughter and my co workers were people I had gone to school with most of my life.

Cons

The work could be physically strenuous and at times, too much for me to bear. I used to come home with scratches and small cuts all over my forearms from trying to keep rate and make money.

I had the best supervisor when I worked here-then he got a promotion and became the worst foreman I ever worked for. My advice to you is to watch who you promote---some arent as good in one position as they were in another.

I have never seen more incompetent and greedy management in my 25+ years in manufacturing!!!!

Current Employee - Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Tecumseh Products full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are no pros about this company. I am writing this review to tell others to stay away.

Cons

Management is a collection of greedy, self-centered egotistical automotive industry has-beens. I do not see how they sleep at night considering how they treat people and knowingly stuff their pockets with undeserving bonuses and golden parachutes!!!!!

Retire and enjoy your great wealth. Stop destroying the companies future.

Horrible place to work unless you can be an Executive, then you just hit the lottery!!!!!

Current Employee - Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Tecumseh Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Absolutely nothing good to say about this company!!!!!

If you want to managed by fear and intimidation by automotive industry rejects, this is the place that you want to work!!!!

Cons

Executives are interested in stuffing their pockets one last time in their career. If you are looking for a career, run away from this company!!!!!

Treat people with respect and dignity.
    There is more to life than making more money for yourself. Think about the people who just want to make an HONEST living!!!!!

Ok company...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Tecumseh Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice building, nice people, challenging work, and flexiblity.

Cons

Management is not on the same page which causing conflict for employees. Also there is not enough employees to handle workload.

Get on the same page.

Nice place to work and learn. Corporate management and direction is questionable at best.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Tecumseh Products full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly people and nice workplace. Able to learn a lot if you're motivated and ask around.

Cons

Questionable management on the corporate level.

More transparency. How does management justify expensive air travel to other countries for a bunch of corporate members when web conferencing is just as effective? All the while the rest of the company is told to cut expenses.

My twelve years at Tecumseh Products has been very much enjoyed and I will never work anywhere else.

Current Employee - Assembly in Tupelo, MS
    Current Employee - Assembly in Tupelo, MS

I have been working at Tecumseh Products

Pros

I feel that Tecumseh Products is the best job I've ever had. I go in every morning with joy, knowing that I'm working with people that are serious about their job. The employees take great pride in the quality of the product. I wouldn't buy any other brand.

Cons

At certain times the hours of operation per week can be overwhelming. Sometimes I see work loads a bit much on one person.

The leadership at Tecumseh Products is great. The quality team couldn't be any better. I work in a very clean environment. I am always well informed of any changes or issues. If I have any questions or problems, I know who to turn to.

Where good workers go to die.

Former Employee - CAD Designer in Tecumseh, MI
    Former Employee - CAD Designer in Tecumseh, MI

I worked at Tecumseh Products

Pros

compensation is ok relative to other companies in the area, however since they moved to ann arbor it becomes less of an advantage

Cons

the upper managerment is not well respected or trusted, too many shady characters at the top. they don't seem to treat employees well in general.

if you treat your people better, and as part of a team, they will be better workers and you will have a lot less turnover

I spent 6 month in this company for a mission graduation as LEAN Engineer.

Former Employee - Lean Engineer in Lyon (France)
    Former Employee - Lean Engineer in Lyon (France)

I worked at Tecumseh Products full-time

Pros

With This mission, I could improve my skills-set and used all methods I learnt in engineer school in France like: Project Management, LEAN Methods, management, a good organization and an industrial diagnostic.

Cons

My challenge was to improve the effeciency of a production line. With a diagnostic of this line, I created 3 teams for 3 objectives. i was the project coordinator. After some test (using LEAN methods: six sigma, kaizen, 5S) and reorganisation of workspaces, we improve the efficiency of the line: + 5 points.

Intern

I worked at Tecumseh Products

Pros

Nothing Pros to be mentioned ,

Cons

Lots of Politics , No innovation , Routine work is part of life , Less Growth oppurtinities,