Ted Baker London Reviews

Updated April 15, 2015
48 reviews filtered by
3.3
Raymond Stuart Kelvin

1. A great company/brand to work for!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Ted Baker London part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The culture created by the company is incredibly innovative and keeps retail interesting!
    - The people who work for Ted Baker are INCREDIBLE AND NICE!
    - Great discounts.

Cons

- Working for/in Bloomingdales and having to deal with the constraining and awfulness that is Bloomingdales.

2. Up and down

I have been working at Ted Baker London

Pros

The clothing is amazing and the stores are a great place to network with people in the city. If you can stay long enough the name will look great on your resume. Stores have a very loyal clientele.

Cons

There is no structure with management. The way the inner business runs with things like client holds, alterations and shipping client purchases are a mess and cause delays and client issues.
    You have to pay for your clothing allowance and you barley get a lot to begin with. Growth happens rarely. And managers care more about themselves them assisting and helping there associates. The commission structure for the soho store is crap, and all managers in all the stores have to sell and hit an ADH. Which is anoying when there is barly any traffic during the week, and the weekends are overloaded with part timers that are trying to hit there sales goals. Basically there are to many fish swimming in one small fish bowl. Managers do not train you for anything and you are expected to just learn from other employees.

Advice to Management

Get more organized with all in store operations. Learn product knowledge so you can train your employees. Stop overloading with sale associates on the sales floor it takes away sales from commissioned employees. And if your going to make people pay for the clothing stop being so cheap about 2 pants two shirts and a jacket isn't enough for an employee pushing 40 hours a week.

Stressful because of Fifth Ave Location

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Ted Baker London part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros were meeting very interesting people, corporate offices located upstairs, press events, top sales in the nation, high foot traffic, exclusive lines, beautiful store, top-performing team, sales incentives and bonuses. Bonuses were often hit because of the high foot traffic and location.

Cons

Architecture separates team. Stressful work environment because of foot traffic, LP issues, etc. Store is opened longer than other locations in city. Incredibly difficult to get requested days off verified and accepted.

Advice to Management

LP problems should not be directly blamed on sales associates. Schedule more associates throughout the day. Respect employee's need for certain days off.

No opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Sales Associate At the Stand Alone Store in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate At the Stand Alone Store in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ted Baker London part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clothes are cute, interesting customers, unique sense of style

Cons

no chance to get promoted. Managers are too buddy buddy. Last time that I worked there the West Coast Area Manager was making inappropriate sexual jokes about the store managers husband. I feel in the next 10 years these people will be weeded out and Ted will be a lot better.

Advice to Management

Small companies need to work out their flaws. In 10 years or so, with the growth of this company, it will be much better. You have to wait for time to pass.

6. Great company to work for, great chances to grow

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Ted Baker London part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots's of positions to grown in the company

Cons

The leadership in most of managers should be more professional.

Advice to Management

Micro-managment

7. Interesting Environment

I have been working at Ted Baker London full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good business , they want everyone to learn and grow!

Cons

Its all about who Management likes.

Excellent Experience at Lenox Atlanta

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ted Baker London part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love everything about working at Ted! Great pay for working retail, great team, nice bonus checks, the product practically sells itself. --I have to address some of the Atlanta reviews because I'm feeling like bitter individuals are just spreading utter lies and I wouldn't want anyone considering working for Ted Lenox to confused-- A. The person who claimed to be a current employee at Ted who go fired for being overweight HAD to be a bogus review. Who are you?!? I'm a female and by far the biggest female on our team (size 14-16) and my job has never been threatened because if it. That review was just bogus. B. I don't know whether this reviewer had a different manager then me but we definitely don't have weak leadership. Ken is the current manager and he's pretty awesome. You don't have to take my word, obviously we are doing very well under his management. A manager doesn't have to be a tool to be respected.
    The team actually has a great manager and assistant manager who are both excellent communicators and fun to work with. You will never be confused about where you stand and what you need to improve on. Both managers, while respected, are fun to be around. Definitely not the typical dreaded feeling in retail of having your manager breath down your neck constantly or anything. Everyone is well trained and equipped to do things for themselves and take initiative without being told to.

Cons

While I have no qualms with my team there are a few minor cons about working in a concession store inside of Bloomingdales

Size 5-- I don't like the fact that we do not carry a size 5 in store! Nordstrom has it and it creates competition where it shouldn't be since we obviously have the fuller Ted collection.

No benefits-- I don't like that as a part timer I don't receive benefits. Insurance outside of a company is always more costly for less coverage.

Bloomingdales-- The most annoying, if not ONLY annoying thing about working in a concession store is being in the middle of Bloomingdales shark-like sales people who don't always value connecting with the customer and selling the merchandise in a fashion that will avoid returns. It can be very frustrating. I do find myself having to guard my sales from bloomies associates and keep the peace to avoid severing relationships on the floor, its a balancing act.

Bloomingdales Return Policy- The return policy just sucks. I don't know how else to say it. They take back everything, and in a town where stylists return worn things constantly and people simply buy things knowing they are going to wear an item once and return it, the store has GOT to hold customers and sales clerks taking back returns more accountable.

Advice to Management

None. I'm pretty satisfied with the company overall.

9. Horrible

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ted Baker London full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful clothing and great discounts

Cons

Very unfair policies if inside of department store. Was fired for being overweight which was quoted by the general manager. Way to much paperwork to fill out for just a sales person

Advice to Management

If Ted Baker is within another store where they pay commission, even if they sell your clothing, then your employees should be paid commission as well

10. Treats PR Interns Well!

Former Intern - PR Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - PR Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Ted Baker London as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Free clothes, lunches, good learning experience

Cons

Not much room to move up in the company, tiny budgets given to important divisions, understaffed

Advice to Management

Hire your interns and give more money to your PR & Marketing department

Overall a wonderful company

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ted Baker London part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is fun company that's great to work for. There's a lot of support and individual recognition. Wit and knowledge are at the core of the company. Product knowledge and seminars are often and thorough.

Cons

The pay could be better. The location that I worked at needed a stronger leader.