Ted Baker London

2.9

Raymond Stuart Kelvin

Interesting Environment

I have been working at Ted Baker London full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good business , they want everyone to learn and grow!

Cons

Its all about who Management likes.

Excellent Experience at Lenox Atlanta

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ted Baker London part-time for less than a year

Pros

I love everything about working at Ted! Great pay for working retail, great team, nice bonus checks, the product practically sells itself. --I have to address some of the Atlanta reviews because I'm feeling like bitter individuals are just spreading utter lies and I wouldn't want anyone considering working for Ted Lenox to confused-- A. The person who claimed to be a current employee at Ted who go fired for being overweight HAD to be a bogus review. Who are you?!? I'm a female and by far the biggest female on our team (size 14-16) and my job has never been threatened because if it. That review was just bogus. B. I don't know whether this reviewer had a different manager then me but we definitely don't have weak leadership. Ken is the current manager and he's pretty awesome. You don't have to take my word, obviously we are doing very well under his management. A manager doesn't have to be a tool to be respected.
    The team actually has a great manager and assistant manager who are both excellent communicators and fun to work with. You will never be confused about where you stand and what you need to improve on. Both managers, while respected, are fun to be around. Definitely not the typical dreaded feeling in retail of having your manager breath down your neck constantly or anything. Everyone is well trained and equipped to do things for themselves and take initiative without being told to.

Cons

While I have no qualms with my team there are a few minor cons about working in a concession store inside of Bloomingdales

Size 5-- I don't like the fact that we do not carry a size 5 in store! Nordstrom has it and it creates competition where it shouldn't be since we obviously have the fuller Ted collection.

No benefits-- I don't like that as a part timer I don't receive benefits. Insurance outside of a company is always more costly for less coverage.

Bloomingdales-- The most annoying, if not ONLY annoying thing about working in a concession store is being in the middle of Bloomingdales shark-like sales people who don't always value connecting with the customer and selling the merchandise in a fashion that will avoid returns. It can be very frustrating. I do find myself having to guard my sales from bloomies associates and keep the peace to avoid severing relationships on the floor, its a balancing act.

Bloomingdales Return Policy- The return policy just sucks. I don't know how else to say it. They take back everything, and in a town where stylists return worn things constantly and people simply buy things knowing they are going to wear an item once and return it, the store has GOT to hold customers and sales clerks taking back returns more accountable.

None. I'm pretty satisfied with the company overall.

Horrible

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ted Baker London full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful clothing and great discounts

Cons

Very unfair policies if inside of department store. Was fired for being overweight which was quoted by the general manager. Way to much paperwork to fill out for just a sales person

If Ted Baker is within another store where they pay commission, even if they sell your clothing, then your employees should be paid commission as well

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unprofessional

Current Employee - Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ted Baker London full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great discount, opportunity for growth and customers are very passionate about the brand.

Cons

West Coast area manager is very unprofessional. I was very disappointed by the management culture and style . Gossip is encourage by Area manager.

Find someone who is professional, not just one person who can drive sales. Management should be a go to, but it currently is not.

Treats PR Interns Well!

Former Employee - PR Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - PR Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Ted Baker London as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Free clothes, lunches, good learning experience

Cons

Not much room to move up in the company, tiny budgets given to important divisions, understaffed

Hire your interns and give more money to your PR & Marketing department

DON'T DO IT

Current Employee - Floor Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Floor Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ted Baker London full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cute items from time to time

Cons

EVERTHING..... Bad management, discount, work load, environment is very high school

Overall a wonderful company

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ted Baker London part-time for less than a year

Pros

This is fun company that's great to work for. There's a lot of support and individual recognition. Wit and knowledge are at the core of the company. Product knowledge and seminars are often and thorough.

Cons

The pay could be better. The location that I worked at needed a stronger leader.

No real integrated sense of direction

I have been working at Ted Baker London full-time

Pros

They recruit really amazing people so the experience with colleagues are always colorful and filled with fun.

Great training experiences.

Employees work hard with the sense of growth or promotion in mind.

Great health benefits.

Cons

Every member of management has a different sense of direction. No real synchronization. For example, ask 3 different members of the management team the same question and get 3 different answers.

If one person in management "is not a fan" you don't necessary get promoted based on your hard work. They find a way to relocate you or fire you; too much politics.

Tremendous turnover, which lowers moral; they seem to have a hard time bouncing back from people leaving.

No real HR department to cover HR/personnel issues, which would probably help reduce the turnover numbers. There is no one department that employees can utilize as a resource. This would be a great place to work if they were more in tuned with their employees.

No diversity at upper level/Executive level management. Every member of the top level managers/leaders is British. They seem to be set in their ways and only create a path for diversity to go so far...somewhat glass ceiling effect. Moreover, if you're British, you seem to have a brighter future at Ted Baker.

In order for the company's turnover rate to be reduced, consider hiring people of a more diverse background from the US to be top level managers/executives. Even though it’s a British company, this company needs a little bit of westernization. The policies are dated and so is their approach in dealing with human and intellectual capital. There needs to be a migration of both cultures in order for people to want to remain with the brand and not feel slighted.

Lastly, the cookie cutter approach will not and has never worked when it comes to doing business in different countries.

the british way or no way

I have been working at Ted Baker London full-time

Pros

amazing product
    beautiful stores
    company growth
    UK brand
    corky

Cons

very backwards way of running a company in the US

Colorful Company with Enthusiastic Employees

Former Employee - PR Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - PR Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Ted Baker London as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity for creativity, usually only have 1 or 2 interns per department so they really utilize you

Cons

Unpaid and at the time did not have space for interns in the office, so had to work out of the showroom (have moved location since & now have a full set up for interns)

Worked for Ted Baker London? Contribute to the Community!