Ted Baker London

Robert Breare

Excellent Experience at Lenox Atlanta

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I love everything about working at Ted! Great pay for working retail, great team, nice bonus checks, the product practically sells itself. --I have to address some of the Atlanta reviews because I'm feeling like bitter individuals are just spreading utter lies and I wouldn't want anyone considering working for Ted Lenox to confused-- A. The person who claimed to be a current employee at Ted who go fired for being overweight HAD to be a bogus review. Who are you?!? I'm a female and by far the biggest female on our team (size 14-16) and my job has never been threatened because if it. That review was just bogus. B. I don't know whether this reviewer had a different manager then me but we definitely don't have weak leadership. Ken is the current manager and he's pretty awesome. You don't have to take my word, obviously we are doing very well under his management. A manager doesn't have to be a tool to be respected.
    The team actually has a great manager and assistant manager who are both excellent communicators and fun to work with. You will never be confused about where you stand and what you need to improve on. Both managers, while respected, are fun to be around. Definitely not the typical dreaded feeling in retail of having your manager breath down your neck constantly or anything. Everyone is well trained and equipped to do things for themselves and take initiative without being told to.

Cons

While I have no qualms with my team there are a few minor cons about working in a concession store inside of Bloomingdales

Size 5-- I don't like the fact that we do not carry a size 5 in store! Nordstrom has it and it creates competition where it shouldn't be since we obviously have the fuller Ted collection.

No benefits-- I don't like that as a part timer I don't receive benefits. Insurance outside of a company is always more costly for less coverage.

Bloomingdales-- The most annoying, if not ONLY annoying thing about working in a concession store is being in the middle of Bloomingdales shark-like sales people who don't always value connecting with the customer and selling the merchandise in a fashion that will avoid returns. It can be very frustrating. I do find myself having to guard my sales from bloomies associates and keep the peace to avoid severing relationships on the floor, its a balancing act.

Bloomingdales Return Policy- The return policy just sucks. I don't know how else to say it. They take back everything, and in a town where stylists return worn things constantly and people simply buy things knowing they are going to wear an item once and return it, the store has GOT to hold customers and sales clerks taking back returns more accountable.

None. I'm pretty satisfied with the company overall.

Truly inspirational, dedicated to people/ product and having fun!

Pros

i have worked for Ted for nearly 20 years and my career has grown along with the brand. I started as a young girl of 18 working on the shop floor and gradually worked through the managerial ranks. Today i am one of the senior leaders within the retail team. I travel extensively within my role and love every second of it! Leadership, development and creating opportunities are high on the agenda at Ted and i can honestly say the business is headed up by visionary, inspirational individuals who teach/ coach and develop to bring progression to those who want/are willing to work for it!

Cons

I spend my wages on the amazing product!

na

incredible

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Richmond, London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, London, England (UK)

Pros

The clothing you can purchase on discount.

Cons

Limited incentives to earn more cash despite high sales

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Colorful Company with Enthusiastic Employees

Former Employee - PR Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - PR Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Great opportunity for creativity, usually only have 1 or 2 interns per department so they really utilize you

Cons

Unpaid and at the time did not have space for interns in the office, so had to work out of the showroom (have moved location since & now have a full set up for interns)

Fit for one who's in the social crowd

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

Pros

Meeting new, interesting contacts. Pretty laid back environment. Boutique style clothing so not too much to handle. Flexible, good balance of work/personal life.

Cons

No commission. No benefits for part-time employees. Bonus dictated on whether store makes numbers or not.

Very educational experience....

Former Employee - Sales Assistant  in  Nottingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Nottingham, England (UK)

Pros

Ted Baker took the time to educate me in my role, and learnt me all you need to know to succeed in my role and beyond. Great uniform allowance and staff discount policy. Work as a team in all aspects.

Cons

Ted baker were sometimes stuck in their ways with the management side of the business. I felt if the face fits you were given the opportunity regardless of experience i.e if you the perfect person for the job but your face didn't fit there was a problem. Being a homosexual and wanting to express my personality which Ted approved to an extent i was punished for this in several ways.

Improved allowance.

Enlightening and fun!

Former Employee - Senior Sales  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales in London, England (UK)

Pros

The best reasons to work for Ted are obviously the clothes! Love their stuff and the style.The atmosphere is always great, in house promotions are predominately how they promote people so there is great chance to climb the ladder there.

Cons

No commission on sales. Very rigid with policies and sometimes targets can be set that can detract from main work too much.

Whilst I was there, before I was in management myself, in one store, management encouraged you and gave you incentives to complete sales/tasks/targets, whilst another, you would be punished (written warnings etc) for not doing so. I think it would help to keep things fair and consistent.

Treats PR Interns Well!

Former Employee - PR Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - PR Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Free clothes, lunches, good learning experience

Cons

Not much room to move up in the company, tiny budgets given to important divisions, understaffed

Hire your interns and give more money to your PR & Marketing department

Get spotTED

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Bristol, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Bristol, England (UK)

Pros

Training, benefits, loyalty, pension, uniform, shares , paid sick, paid holiday.

Cons

very high standards, very stressful over really small things.

Be more relaxed, and much least stressed. Focus on customers and taking money rather than tasks.

Overall a wonderful company

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

This is fun company that's great to work for. There's a lot of support and individual recognition. Wit and knowledge are at the core of the company. Product knowledge and seminars are often and thorough.

Cons

The pay could be better. The location that I worked at needed a stronger leader.

Worked for Ted Baker London? Contribute to the Community!