Teen Mania Ministries Reviews

Ron Luce

1. Hard Working, focus is always God and People

Current Employee - Acquire the Fire Operations in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Acquire the Fire Operations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Teen Mania Ministries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are considered, you constantly being asked how we can make things better for our customers and as employees what wold help us to succeed. They are understanding and wiling to bend for us. Kemtal and Ron are both willing to leave a VM when needed or talk to a customer when they have a bad experience. Great Atmosphere, Weekly Chapel, Praying all around. They teach great life skills and allow a great starting point for someone just out of high school or even college. They take the time to coach you and bring you to a new level of excellence in your ability.

Cons

Not hearing back from the people we call can be discouraging. Hearing all of the negative publicity from previous interns who are no longer in the loop of the ministry but feel the need to share their thoughts.

Advice to Management

Keep Praying and looking towards God. We are all weak and lacking, the Lord is the only provider for us.

2. IT

I worked at Teen Mania Ministries

Pros

nice campus and strong management

Cons

over all vision and leadership is lacking

3. Call Center Manager

I worked at Teen Mania Ministries full-time

Pros

I absolutely loved the vision and I felt passionate about my work. You knew that everyday you were truly changing the world. Also, the people that work there are phenomenal and it was the best culture I've ever been apart of the. Your coworkers were your friends and became like family.

Cons

staff was often overworked and they barely brought on people to fulfill roles when individuals left. Instead, the current staff would have to pick up the work load. Also, the budgets were super tight and thus, we often lacked the resources necessary to successfully fulfill our duties.

Advice to Management

Negotiate a budget that equips individuals to do their job with excellence. Clearly identify expectations for workload and duties.

5. The worst financially managed ministries I have even seen. CEO has no accountability to how he spends money

I worked at Teen Mania Ministries full-time

Pros

The intentions are good and the work is supposed to be for God.

Cons

Lack of follow through. Does not walk their talk and cannot believe the CEO will follow through. Extremely poor communication through ranks. People come last after what is best for the business, whoops I mean ministry. Cannot see how the ministry can survive much longer. He is still acting as if it was at their height 10 years ago.

Advice to Management

Walk your talk and not treat the financials as your own checkbook.

6. One of my favorite places in TX

Former Employee - ATF Caller, Alumni Liaison & Coffee Shop Manager in Garden Valley, TX

I worked at Teen Mania Ministries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Almost everyone is driven, full of vision. Teen Mania is a great doorway of opportunity. amazing people and work environment. the impact of what you do is clear and direct.

Cons

Many last minuet additions and changes, one must be extremely flexible to work there. high turnover due to the internship for most involvement last only year. extreme competitiveness between the departments.

Advice to Management

I would do it all again in a heartbeat, never in my life have I experienced such personal growth. your values are outstanding, be sure you stand by them regardless of criticism. hold standers through-out departments

7. Love the ministry and community!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Lindale, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Lindale, TX

I have been working at Teen Mania Ministries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing is the community. Staff have the ability to mentor young adults both in the workplace and personally. The vision of the organization is one that inspires others to join and run with it. Love senior leadership! They are not perfect, but in the midst of trial, they never lose sight of their vision.

Cons

High expectations. This is a good thing, but difficult to meet due to lack of knowledgeable staff and support. Salaries are on low end.

Advice to Management

Make sure you value the support staff as well as the "VIP's" and continue to seek knowledge and input from them. Keep pressing on!

8. Awesome vision for global outreach. Changing the world for Jesus.

Current Employee - Department Director
    Current Employee - Department Director

I have been working at Teen Mania Ministries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture of TM lines up with my personal values.

Cons

Poor compensation and poor interdepartmental communication.

9. Amazing Workplace/internship

I have been working at Teen Mania Ministries

Pros

Awesome community, helped me learn a lot in a professional environment.

Cons

Internship/classes and other activities can be stressful, but great learning experience.

Wonderful vision, poorly managed

Former Employee - Director in Lindale, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Lindale, TX

I worked at Teen Mania Ministries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Teen Mania reaches thousands of young people every year with its programs. Many young people come to know Christ at these events and their lives are forever changed.

Cons

60% of the labor force is free, most of them 18-20 years old. There is a lack of experienced leadership in most of the areas. Most of the supervisors or managers are in their early to mid 20s, most of which have only worked for Teen Mania. Financially, the organization is in rough waters. The executive leadership is not willing to take responsibility for the actions; however, they have agreed to let the bank take back the 400+ acre campus. Over the last year entire departments ranging between 3-6 paid staff have vanished, leaving only 1st and 2nd year interns running most of the operation.

Advice to Management

Most of the people that have left in the last year left because of Ron's unwillingness to admit that he has mismanaged the finances. Regardless, if it is actually his fault or not, he is the CEO. Either remove Ron as CEO, take him off the board, or make him a non-voting member of the board. Ron is a great visionary; however, he is not a manager and needs to be replaced. Also, the board needs to be made up of independent members. Start over from scratch.

Full of vision while lacking on reality

Current Employee - Director in Lindale, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Lindale, TX

I have been working at Teen Mania Ministries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people. Passion, drive, and vision are in no short order when working with the staff or volunteers. The vision. It is easy to get excited about the impact and influence you can have while working at Teen Mania.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations. Okay, so maybe this is the status quo in ministry, but the pressure and expectations are both unrelenting and can be very demoralizing. Issues at the top. The CEO seems to have no grasp on reality and no accountability. The Board of Directors (which should provide oversite) is about on par with the organization's turnover rate. (about 85-90% per year)

Advice to Management

The Board of Directors needs to appoint either a new CEO or a COO and CFO with authority to lead the organization. Currently the Board is only independently voting so long as they agree with the CEO. He controls who is on the Board, so if they disagree with his decisions, they are off the board.

RSS Feed </> Embed