Teen Vogue

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Charles H. Townsend

Typical Fashion Intern at Famous Publication

Fashion Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

Pros-get to see some celebrities in the office
    -get a real feel of the inner workings of a major publication
    -get to be around a lot of amazing fashion

Cons-like basically every other fashion internship there are a lot of errands and no pay (now there may be a stipend though, but still it's minimal).
    - fashion attitudes

Advice to Senior Managementlet the interns do more important and less mundane tasks instead of always running errands

horrible, slavery, depressing environment

Accessories/Fashion Closet Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

Prosto be able to put it on my resume, everyone that sees it respects me a little more that i actually survived this internship

Consno room for growth, everyone is sad and miserable, was never paid my stipend, unfriendly atmosphere. my currently employer had to run a background check when i was hired and teen vogue couldn't even confirm i had worked there!

Advice to Senior Managementprobably treat their interns better since they are the ones that do the grunt work.

I had a horrible experience at Teen Vogue and would dissuade people from applying there.

Accessories/Fashion Closet Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsObviously it's well-known and is a good name for your resume; location is great, right in the middle of Times Square; short walk from Port Authority for commuters

ConsI was completely taken advantage of at Teen Vogue. I realize that I was an intern, but the day I got there, they completely changed my internship and reassigned me to an internship I didn't even apply for because someone had left the company and it switched everything up (which really shouldn't have affected me, but it's a long story). I was completely disrespected, treated extremely rudely, and was expected to do personal errands such as fetch coffee, lunch, and shoe repairs for an employee (not company related). All those tasks are for a personal PAID assistant, not an intern. I didn't expect to be treated like gold, I know I was an intern, but it was ridiculous how rude people were.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some respect for your interns, it could come back to be you in the ass one day. There's no need to be so rude. You pick clothes for a girl's magazine. Grow up.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great experience while both fun and educational!

Integrated Marketing Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsCasual workspace, everyone is friendly and fun, and ALWAYS surrounded by the world of fashion!!

ConsUnpredictable, which is also a PRO

Advice to Senior ManagementLoved everyone who I worked with!

Worked for Teen Vogue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teen Vogue reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teen Vogue CEO Charles H. Townsend. All reviews posted anonymously by Teen Vogue employees.