Tegrant Reviews

2.6

Ron Leach

Good place to work with friendly people.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Michigan City, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Michigan City, IN

I worked at Tegrant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

While work was important it was not stressed as the most important thing. Family was important with outside activities planned for the plant employees.

Cons

The plant was closed prior to the company being sold. Some corporate managers were not in tune with the plant problems.

Make sound business decisions before you close plants and affect the lives of employees.

Accounts Payable

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Cletk in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Cletk in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Tegrant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work on you own a lot.

Cons

Big Turnover in the factory

Must be more attentive to AP

Wandering in a dark cave

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

I have been working at Tegrant

Pros

In a good market with potential for growth.

Cons

Tegrant senior leaders do not communicate to front line employees. There is a blind spot regarding the needs of the people working inside the business. The CEO and most SBU President's are rarely seen or heard from and when they are they talk down to us.

Get connected with your workforce and your customers. Develop a real communication plan that reaches out and inspires us. Stop the rhetoric about being open and really mean it.

Relatively nonstrategic in business model definition and lacking capabilities to identify direction and priorities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Tegrant

Pros

If you can accommodate a lack of structure and defined roles and responsibilities, this may be the place for you.

Cons

Difficult to see career growth opportunities; too many closed doors; leadership is not clear on strategy / sharing of direction with employees; hard to see signs of innovative thinking that will drive growth.

Assess the capabilities of leadership elements to innovate, reduce costs, and delivery superior customer service. Develop clearly defined strategies and align throughout the organization with standards and incentives

Packaging Engineer

Current Employee - Packaging Engineer in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Packaging Engineer in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Tegrant

Pros

Great customer contact, and an good place to start net working with local companies. A small team environment with sales and engineers.

Cons

The biggest downside I had while I was employed at Tegrant was the issue of communication break downs between management and departments of the business.

I was given some freedom to try new techniques but other than learning from trial and error overall the time was a waste

I have been working at Tegrant

Pros

Beats standing in the unemployment line, opportunity to learn and perform other job functions, thus increasing your knowledge, Have had some good managers, good co-workers, and good employees that did make the place bearable at times.

Cons

When dealing with issues/problems managers are more concerned about the attention they bring to the plant rather than focusing their concern on correcting these issues/problems. On several occassions I have found the company policies and procedures written purely to give their workers and customers a positive perception of the company's values and ethics, I have experiencd firsthand these same policies/procedures being removed from the company intranet when certain situations would arise and managers did not see any personal gain from keeping with these posted and approved policies. Hard-working, productive employees are rewarded with more work being delegating to them, "temporary" at least intially, with no pay or job grade modification. Each year there is a cost-of-living or performance, it changes depending on the person who ask, increase that ranges from 1-3% that is shared amongst the hard-working, productive employees and the employees that do just enough to get by.

Stop making it so hard on local management to do their jobs. It's pretty bad when local management makes decisions that they know are wrong just to avoid the headache every week and every month sitting on calls explaining why it is they are doing this. You also need to get everyone on the same page. It's difficult to juggle the expectations of purchasing when they work out contract pricing based on volume ordering then have someone else asking you why the spike in inventory one month. Or have your overall labor cost drop one month because of removing inefficient temp workers but get beat up because the OT % increased. When it's more trouble sitting on a conference getting drilled with the same questions every month than it is to keep "status quo", you are going to get status quo.

Tegrant Corporation is a good stepping stone or entry into the industry

I have been working at Tegrant

Pros

Salary is competitive and fair; opportunity for promotion or lateral growth within the organization. Associates are encouraged to explore their strengths

Cons

Management team is often inflexible and rigid. Policies need to be in place to run a sucessful company, however it is often "their way or the highway"

I would encourage senior management to communicate and listen to the associates more. Encourage the sharing of ideas and processes...there are so many talented and experienced people in the organization.