TekMasters Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.6
CEO

1. Interesting work, team environment, family friendly.

I have been working at TekMasters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined TekMasters as it was a company that shared my values and vision for current and future career growth and I have not been disappointed. From the start; leadership has encouraged outside the box thinking, self-directed learning and on the job training without being micro-managers but accessible when I do have a question. Work-life balance is important to me as well and I can truly say I've been continually impressed with TekMasters on this topic. Advancement will come organically because they are conducting business the right way and I drive to work with purpose; actually wanting to get there and start my day. I don't know many people who can say the same.

Cons

Nothing to report here. I find many Glassdoor reviews to be overly critical of employers due to the anonymity it affords the employee writing the review. If I were to voice any cons here, it would fly in the face of the trust, flexibility, open-communication, hard work ethic, and determination that leadership has shown me in regard to keeping an open dialogue with me as an employee. I have seen leadership continually work to change what they can and explain the "why" behind things that they can't change. That's all any employee can ask of their employer in today's workforce. This is why I choose not to voice any cons here on this site; extending the same courtesy TekMasters management has extended to me by being forthright, honest and transparent to me when there is something awry and we have always come together as a team to either fix or at least understand anything that could be viewed as not-positive.

Advice to Management

Nothing to change in my mind. I would say keep it up and if it's not broken; don't fix it.

2. Human Resources Administrator

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TekMasters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, exciting work environment. Tons of employee events that are very fun. Growing company, and lots of room to grow your career.

Cons

The office can be chaotic, but everyone works together.

3. Awesome place to intern

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at TekMasters as an intern

Pros

As an intern, I was able to learn and apply in-class knowledge to real life situations. People are friendly and accommodating, and they really value the importance of strong work culture. Overall, I am very satisfied with interning here, and I will definitely miss all my co-workers.

Cons

none. My experience was mostly positive.

5. Great atmosphere! Exciting, upcoming, "Company To Watch" type of small business!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TekMasters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a family atmosphere, which definitely helps us succeed. All of the employees get along great! This is furthered by the monthly outings for all of the employees. We've done things like happy-hours, bowling events, and even laser tag! (Stryker-First place!!)

Oh, and we get free Red Bull.

Cons

Not enough Red Bull.

Advice to Management

Buy more Red Bull. And keep doing what you're doing.

Great place to work

I have been working at TekMasters full-time

Pros

The environment and mission fit well with my goals and it is a place where new ideas and fresh approaches to business challenges are welcome. When it is time for action everyone steps up together and pitches in as it should be when there is a good company culture. Each day is different and there are obstacles but none feel hard to overcome due to strong leadership.

Cons

None to be honest, I don't have any criticisms. It is a good company culture and my colleagues are support and I am support of their success as well.

TekMasters Response

Oct 13, 2014Partner

We are so humbled by your review, particularly since you do not have criticisms. TekMasters does not get everything right, but we try to treat all our employees right.

7. awesome place

Former Employee - Developer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Developer in Washington, DC

I worked at TekMasters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

treat employees like family
    great benefits
    decent work life balance

Cons

still a growing organization - i expect it to grow a lot faster in the next few years

Advice to Management

continue pushing employees for excellence

TekMasters Response

Oct 13, 2014Partner

Thank you so much for your feedback! We never viewed our "growing" status as a con. We love to be considered up and coming!

RSS Feed </> Embed