Teknetex

www.teknetex.com

Teknetex Reviews

3.4

John Kepley

Overall a very good experience

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I worked at Teknetex as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I worked at Teknetex as a contractor/hourly and was in contact with almost everybody from the company, from CEO to admin and back-office/payroll. I was treated very well as an external employee, always got paid on time and the whole process from interview stage to onboarding and getting paid on time etc was well organized and done in a professional manner.

Cons

Company seems to know what they are doing and where they want to go. Leadership makes people feel that they are part of a team and encourages open communication, informing their people of new developments and encouraging them to give feedback, suggestions and complaints.

Fun Place To Work

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Teknetex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Teknetex has a real team environment. I am new to the company but everyone has taken time to work with me and include me in the decision making process. We have outings together to the movies and lunches, too, so it's not all work all of the time. It really feels like a family.

Cons

I really enjoy what I do, so I don't have many cons. We all make an effort to keep everybody happy so hopefully we won't have too many cons!

Thank you for making it a great place to work. I look forward to coming in each day and as we continue to grow let's keep the fun spirit we have now.

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Teknetex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Career Opportunities - Teknetex had and has had the jobs, even during the economic downturn and high unemployment over the past three years.

Compensation & Benefits - Second to none in the industry and this market. I got top dollar and full benefits as a full time (W2) consultant. My check was always correct and in the bank right on time.

Work/Life Balance - Very flexible and accommodating. I was able to take time off when I wanted to. I was able to serve on a mission trip for a week in Thailand and enjoy a week in Hawaii with my wife for our 25th anniversary.

Senior Management - John Kepley is hands down one of the best people I've ever had the pleasure to work with and for. John really shines when it comes to taking care of his people and will do whatever it takes to get the job done and done right.

Culture & Values - The slogan, "it's about people" and the mission statement "Be Helpful" are lived out every day by the good folks at Teknetex. They truly put these words into action.

Cons

There were some partner / leadership issues in the past, attributable to individuals no longer there, but all of that has been resolved now.

Have more companywide / all employee communication and events / get togethers, not just client specific functions.

It's going in the right direction

Former Employee - Office Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Teknetex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company puts lots of emphasis on a positive culture and the owner likes to add in perks like gym memberships and team events/ lunches. There is also a lot of encouragement to engage in the local community and networking. I have learned a tremendous amount on that side since working at teknetex.

Cons

There were definitely some gaps in vision and management style with the previous owners that lead to tension and inefficient management. There is only one owner now, and the decision making and vision is much more streamlined.

Keep pushing forward, you are on the right track

Owners are unprofessional and should never TRY to manage people

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I worked at Teknetex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good group of core employees, solid recruiter/sales leadership, energetic culture, everyone worked hard (Recruiters, Sales, and Director of Recruiting)

Cons

Owners were unprofessional in word and actions, volatile environment. Appearances were very important to owners as opposed to being good stewards of revenue and truly developing partnerships with clients. Owners had horrible reputations in Nashville, TN.

Hire someone else to manage your employees and get out of the way, entirely!

Concur with Previous Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Teknetex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Energetic initial image with can-do attitudes

Cons

Followed by way too many occurances of foul-mouthed criticisms of people to their faces and behind their backs.

Find a role that doesn't require managing people.

Disaster

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Teknetex full-time

Pros

Used to have good group of core employees, but either fired or ran all the good people off through mistreatment, unprofessionalism, and lies.

Cons

Leadership or lack thereof. Leaders present well at first blush, but working there is a total disaster from start to finish. Multiple employees have been cursed out - all separate incidents by the owner and full fledged 'lose your mind' incidents.

They claim to have offices in multiple cities (which they do not have) and have even closed their physical Nashville office and are down to 1 Recruiter and zero sales people with a total of 4 people in the entire company. Inappropriate conduct by ownership is the norm - presents one way in public and couldn't be further from the 'true him' in private. Neither owner should manage people - EVER - zero management, people, or leadership skills.

Treat your team with respect. Don't lie. Don't curse out your employees. Get help for your temper issues. Allow employers to do their job instead of micromanaging.

Teknetex Photos