Telamon Reviews

3.5
Albert Chen

1. Nice place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Telamon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company vibe, family-owned, owners career about employees

Cons

Sort of backwards about some business practices, but improving. Business units are sort of fragmented-culture varies a lot

Advice to Management

Management structure seems to be getting top-heavy

Telamon Response

Aug 17, 2015 – HR Representative

Thank you for your review! We have increased our size in employees, business units, and acquisitions, so it is great to hear that our company has maintained that small company vibe that you speak of ... More

Bad Management

I worked at Telamon full-time

Pros

* Decent Pay * Decent systems (everything was ok managed on that end) * Ability to move up

Cons

* Office politics, to the point it was almost high school like. * Management was the single cause of all it. * If you spoke with someone on the phone, but didn't get it in an email, well it might as well has never happened as far as anyone else is concerned. * Everyone has this favorite group, and their least favorite group and they actively try to push their favorite over the others...it was literally competition internally and not in the productive way. * The higher ups were less concerned about our side of the company and barely every made a presence. In fact I have never even seen the CEO no matter how many times I went to HQ.

Advice to Management

Change all the management and stop trying to compete against each other and instead worry about losing contracts.

3. Wonderful Company

I have been working at Telamon full-time

Pros

CEO is a wonderful man. Great benefits. Great community amongst co-workers.

Cons

Headquarters are outdated. Does not look like the top-notch incredible company that it is!

Telamon Response

Aug 18, 2015 – HR Representative

We agree. -There is no doubt that the community among our employees is strong and dynamic. It truly is one-of-a-kind. -We offer wonderful benefits to our employees and constantly seek ways to ... More

1 1/2 years of misguideness

Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Telamon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Flexible hours.

Cons

Leadership never seemed to have a clue.

Advice to Management

Get some managers with real leadership abilities, rather than just being a good technician.

6. Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Telamon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started at Telamon and so far I feel like they have a lot to offer. I see a lot of potential for growth within many different departments and have a positive outlook for this company. Low turnover and pretty stable.

Cons

Culture could be a little more lively.

Not willing

I have been working at Telamon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not much to say here, the culture is void of team spirit and optimism.

Cons

Working at Telamon is a dead-end for your career. Revenues are sustained predominately from a few key accounts that take advantage of the company's minority status. The company tinkers with creating new business opportunities, there's an obvious reluctance to invest in order to compete.

8. Dayton NJ Branch

Former Employee - QA Auditor in Dayton, NJ
    Former Employee - QA Auditor in Dayton, NJ

I worked at Telamon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For a small branch, it has a large business and portfolio for the needs of the tri-state area.

Cons

Due to the business it serves, and economic turbulence, job stability could be better.

Advice to Management

Leadership at Dayton Site could be re-evaluated after spending longer periods of time on site.

9. Telamon, an H2S2 company

Pros

family oriented, entrepreneurial spirit. Great leaders and mentors, great place to work for anyone looking to learn on the job.

Cons

salary expectation a bit below industry average for all positions.

10. very good company

Current Employee - Sourcing Manager in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Sourcing Manager in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Telamon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very stable company with nice people.

Cons

each division is comparatively small

Only sharks need apply

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Pros

You will be challenged at Telamon, which can be very rewarding. You may receive a great deal of cross-training and new product briefing. You will absolutely receive a crash-course (in a good way) in relevant technical disciplines if you are lacking in technical skills at all. They believe in training employees effectively and you will likely have plenty of time to learn if you are at all studious. A plus for some people might be that you don't have to think when you work at Telamon, your thinking is done for you. I say this as a middle manager in consideration of what front-line employees experience (the vast majority of new-hires).

Cons

If you are a candidate for senior management or outside-plant work, it is doubtful any of the negatives of Telamon will apply to you; you're in the club! If you are applying for an entry-level position, expect you will not advance unless you are skilled in office politics and have a cut-throat attitude. I believe to qualify for senior management you must fire your best friend during a well-attended meeting. I have five jaw-dropping stories of disproportionate negative response to an employee's helpful or positive actions that fell in grey areas of policy; however, the only thing you really need to know is that if you do exactly as you are told--even if it hurts the customer and Telamon--you will probably be just fine.

Advice to Management

The owners of Telamon are lovely people and I believe they sincerely attempt to guide the company according to their warm mission statement. Because of this, I don't believe they have any idea their subordinates mindlessly hammer the spirits of hourly employees and all work is accomplished by decree. Information flows one way, and thus ineffective or counter-productive policies continue unabated. Hourly employees sincere attempts to better help customers are struck down simply for violating the one-way flow (unless the manager can co-opt the idea for personal gain or get the employee to complete the improvements off-hours and without pay) I hope this review reaches the site because all of the above criticism is from a long experience with the company and is not personal or incidental, it is institutional.

RSS Feed </> Embed