Telarix Reviews

Updated May 16, 2014
Updated May 16, 2014

3.5

Glen Kazerman

Established, but still small company allows you to shine

I have been working at Telarix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to have an impact and not get lost in the churn if you were at a big company. Once you prove yourself, you are relied on and given responsibility to complete the tasks at hand. This leads to being able to move up within in a short time frame.

Big, very well known clients that use and rely on the software and services provided. Once given responsibility for certain aspect of the work, there is the opportunity to travel and meet with the users of the software at the client sites, which are around the world.

Cons

Since the clients are big and well-known, they rely on the software and services to manage their business and thus are demanding.

Good mix of start up environment and stabilty

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Telarix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Telarix is a small company that deals with a Fortune 100 customer base. I have gotten the opportunity to work with clients from all over the world and take on an array of new challenges in a way you dont get at a larger place. Hours and working arrangements are flexible and the company has had positive turnover with lots of young people working there.

Cons

Sometimes there are some deadline crunches that require nights and weekends.

Keep promoting from within, it helps keep everyone focused.

Don't work with a company which is simply firing people.

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Toronto, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Toronto, TX

I worked at Telarix full-time for less than a year

Pros

They promised job security when they are offering you job

Cons

They will simply fire people once they are unable to get business. Peers here also unhelpful. They also got a lot of internal problems. Conclusion: please don't take your risk to work with this company except you are jobless at this moment.

Internal problems will stop you to further grow the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun Engaging Challenging and amazing people

I have been working at Telarix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Telarix is a fast paced fun environment. There are core working hours with flexibility around those hours, great benefits including healthcare, vacation etc. Plus a casual working environment.
    The work is challenging and also interesting, there is always more to learn about our products functions and features, in other words it can only be boring if you let it be. Telarix encourages growth either upwards or into other departments.

Telarix works with some of the largest companies in the world which gives exposure and experience to different cultures and different companies. Due to the size of the company you gain much more experience in many more areas than you would at larger companies.

The other employees are the best part, I wouldn't have stayed and continue to work at Telarix for so long if it wasn't for the amazing team we have!

Cons

This is an all hands on deck company, meaning everyone contributes directly to the success of the company and often means that everyone has to pitch in, if someone is not fulfilling their responsibilities it is obvious to everyone else.

Fun and challenging place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Telarix full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working with Telarix since 2012 and I can confidently say this is the best working environment I've been in. The atmosphere is great and I could not ask for better people to work with. It is also a very rewarding company to work for. I love the diversity I am exposed to and I enjoy the everyday challenges. There is a real sense of team work and team support.

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Mature company - that comes along with politics of a more mature company and co-workers that are veterans of the field.

I worked at Telarix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Global client base and exposure. High-level overview of telecoms business can be interesting.

Cons

Lack of collaboration and team spirit. Short-term fiscal and mercurial performance is more important than long-term visionary change. Those that are experienced in the telco field should be quite aware of the typical culture associated with those type of veterans.

Used to be a good place to work

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist  in  Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Telarix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very nice people working there

Cons

The product suffers from years of decisions made by committees

Rebuild the product from scratch

Good starting salary, a lot of turnover

Former Employee - Software Developer II  in  Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Software Developer II in Vienna, VA

I worked at Telarix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good for hires out of college; Agile and relaxed work environment, team oriented. Benefits are good, starting salary is good

Cons

Young company with plenty of turnover for recent grads. As a developer you will be doing almost 100% MS SQL development. The system is outdated but easy to update for client's needs.

Challenging management in need of people skills

Former Employee - Product Support Specialist  in  Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Product Support Specialist in Vienna, VA

I worked at Telarix full-time for more than a year

Pros

The have great benefits. Talented personnel. Good products when delivered. Technically adept personnel but not always congruent with sales or customer expectations.

Cons

Company suffers from internal strife within management, lack of processes and documented role expectations. Additionally there are power struggles with global offices.

Employ standardized role definitions with performance expectations and hire personnel with people skills.

Bad customer service, unhelpful peers.

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I worked at Telarix full-time for more than a year

Pros

they are good in offering good starting pay

Cons

1. Employee : employees here are very unhelpful and selfish. They like to assign very junior peer to train the new joiner.
    2. Bad Customer Service : No one pick up customer call when there were issues happening.
    I was a recruiter agent and has helped this company to find resources. The recruited resources just worked for 1-2 months then left as they all complainted about this company. I was complainted by the candidates as well, as I have introduced bad job to them. Now I have made career change to become IT manager instead of recruiter. I regreted to make such unethic job introduced.

please make a change on your company culture

Worked for Telarix? Contribute to the Community!