Telcordia

Telcordia Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Telcordia President, CEO and Director Mark T. Greenquist

Mark T. Greenquist

Pros
  • Bell Labs history provides for a very collegial, team-oriented work environment (in 7 reviews)

• Lots of responsibility and a place to grow ideas, positive change and direction (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The C-Level management has not for the last several years delivered very small pay raises and bonuses to all of their employees (in 4 reviews)

• Terrible compensation, limited opportunities for career advancement (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

good experience

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Piscataway, NJ

Prosflexible hours and work from home

Consbeing a contractor it was little tough to deal with employees

Advice to Senior Managementmake the contractor to hire permanent.

Telcordia Acquired by Ericsson

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company was on the leading edge of telecommunications work, including providing generic requirements and testing/consulting services for NEBS, optical fiber, reliability and quality, network architecture and operations, so the work was diverse and interesting. Employees had extensive expertise and knowledge to support product design, implementation, and interoperability testing across both legacy and next-generation network technologies. The physical environment was comfortable, and the benefits package very good.

ConsThe acquisition of Telcordia by Ericsson was finalized in January 2012. With that, the focus shifted away from many of the Telcordia legacy products. Priorities and goals changed, and the commitment to quality in some areas decreased significantly.

Very good

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Piscataway, NJ

Prosbenefits is good .. balance between work/life

Consa bit slow in adopting new technology

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful...I have the greatest memories of my time at Telcordia

Desktop Support (Former Employee) Piscataway, NJ

ProsGreat company with cutting edge technology

Conspay very low and constant layoffs/downsizing

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Horrible, stuffy work environment, non caring management, the list goes on...

Rather Not Saw (Current Employee) Piscataway, NJ

Proswas a decent commute...struggled to come up with anything good.

Consmost employees and the overall atmosphere is pretty stuffy, and most management and HR possessed a very know it all attitude. People in higher positions acted like they were better than other employees. HR was a mess. there was absolutely zero director or guidance provided. management would look for reasons to terminate employees to bring on their own people. overall, there were a lot of people that were in positions of somewhat importance that had no business being in those positions. My boss who was there around 25+ years had a breakdown after me being there around 4 months and she just left, and was replaced by someone who didn't have any experience in our field...

Advice to Senior Managementcompany is Ericcson now, not sure what it is like there. hopefull there has been some improvement.

Telcordia ATS had some of the smartest engineers in the business

Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Piscataway, NJ

ProsWorking with the best in the business

ConsATS was almost totally dependent on government projects

Advice to Senior ManagementAnticipate contract expirations.

Very narrow in thinking and in ability to expand knowledge or career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay, benefits are OK.

ConsVery limited opportunities to advance and to learn new technologies and/or skills. You are expected to follow old processes and habits because "that's how it is done". Some of the IT systems are more than 20 years old. New development and design is reduced in favor of acquiring other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster new ideas and designs. Encourage employees to acquire new skills and apply them to the benefit of the company.

OK

Prosgives me paycheck every 2 weeks

Consnot enough money every 2 weeks

Challenging Work, Good People, Uncertain Mission

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Piscataway, NJ

ProsTalented and dedicated professionals.
    The firm empowers employees to have real impact with their clients and their industry.
    Strongly collaborative environment.

ConsThrough 2008, the firm struggled to reconcile its legacy functions in the Bell system with emerging needs in in the communications and IT industries.
    Uncertainty in its mission led to poor employee morale.

Software Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Environment. Friendly and helping colleagues.

ConsNo work life balance. Very Long hours. Management doesn't care about the working hours of employees. They only need work submission on final day.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease talk to Delivery managers and try to reduce the work and working hours.

Worked for Telcordia? Contribute to the Community!