TeleSign Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
Updated October 17, 2014
4.0

Steve Jillings

Great fast growing company in the security space

I have been working at TeleSign full-time

Pros

TeleSign's executive staff are very approachable and trust the people they hire to do what they are hired for. Salaries are very competitive. You get the feel that at any level in the company you have a voice in the direction of the company.

Cons

Overall a great place to work. The engineering team structure is fairly flat and because of that there are not many areas to move up the ladder. I don't really see this as a con since it increases the voice of every member, but some might see it as a con.

Communication has been great. The more communication the better.

The people are GREAT!

I have been working at TeleSign full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture here is awesome. The people here are even better. Fully stocked kitchen (most days) and it's a DOG OFFICE!!! Who wouldn't love that.

Cons

There is a particular person on the HR team who lacks people skills. I noticed her lack of enthusiasm during the interview process but thought maybe she was having a bad day. Upon working with her for a few months I quickly noticed she is a one-word pony. It is like pulling teeth when it comes to getting an answer out of her.

Compensation is a joke to say the least. They still operate as a start-up with start-up salary.

Perks, what perks?

The sales team's management is by far the best management team in the office. I've observed their style and how they motivate and inspire their employees. It would be great to see this across the entire company. There isn't clear direction from some teams and a lot of "office friends" that spoil it for those of us who are not in the good ole' boys club. Newer managers need management training.

A start-up feel with a clear sense of direction

Current Employee - Manager, Business Development in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Business Development in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TeleSign full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Managers who genuinely care about your success through mentoring; Competitive salary and strong OTE packages; The continued attraction of talent from high-profile companies to come and work at TeleSign

Cons

If you're easily stressed out in environments where things are constantly evolving, this may not be for you. Senior management does not hand hold; so you must be willing to take their guidance and execute against your objectives without constant check-ins.

Little things go a long way; the employees love things like free car washes and gym subsidies. If there are more of these type of benefits they would be welcomed. Communication is key; we can continue to enhance cross-departmental communication through regular updates.

TeleSign Response

Sep 9, 2014Senior Director, HR & Talent Acquisition

Terrific feedback and thanks for taking the time to let us know how we're doing.

The place to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at TeleSign full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company is the perfect environment to grow your skills. You work in a fast paced highly technical environment and you are consantly pushed...In a good way.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Keep it up.

Chaotic and filled with favoritism

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

I worked at TeleSign full-time

Pros

The office space is cool. There is a free carwash every month. Casual dress.

Cons

TeleSign seems like a good place to work, but you quickly realize there is no room for growth unless you are on the sales team and you will certainly be underpaid. TeleSign pays employees well under market value and they know it. Unless you are a VP, you will be lowballed.

Favoritism is extremely high as well. If you are not on the good side of a VP, prepare to be treated poorly. Specific interoffice dating goes on, which makes it extremely difficult to feel comfortable with some coworkers and everyone knows it. For a startup, the "culture" is very bland and very few people actually are happy. There is no recognition for anyone who does something good besides those on the sales team. There is little to no follow through on anything. Upper management tends to think everyone else is the problem and fail to treat you with respect. It is very common to be humiliated in front of everyone in the office or completely ignored and then asked why you didn't get something done.

Lastly, there is a major lack of communication in the office, absolutely no transparency, very few events to promote employee cohesiveness (even though they say they have so many), and it is simply not a fun place to work.

Take a look at your upper management and see if maybe some of them are the problem instead of good employees.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at TeleSign full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast growth tech company that is headed by a strong leadership team and has a fun, collaborative, and innovative work environment.

Cons

None. I enjoy working at TeleSign. As with all tech startups, be prepared to put in a lot of effort, but the results will be worthwhile.

Maintain the fun and collaborative culture as we continue to grow.

TeleSign is an innovative and energetic place to work with a world class executive team.

Current Employee - Director, Market Development in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Market Development in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at TeleSign full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Experienced management team that encourages collaboration, new ideas, and cares about each and every employee.

A consistent vision for the company from the top down that is represented in the work that each employee does on a daily basis.

Passionate employees from entry level all the way up to the executive team.

Innovative products that solve critical issues for the customers we sell to.

Perks and benefits package for all employees.

Location in Marina Del Rey by the beach.

Cons

The fast pace environment isn't for everyone but is perfect for entrepreneurial minded individuals who thrive in this sort of work place.

Keep up the perks, fun company events, company wide communication, and innovative product roadmap!

Where talent, hard work, and innovation meet.

Current Employee - Engineering in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at TeleSign full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We fight fraud. What better way to feel a sense of accomplishment.

Work for a company that is building world class fraud prevention and 2 Factor Authentication products.

Plenty of opportunities to take your skills to the next level. Grow professionally and learn some rather top shelf technologies AND fight fraud while you're at it.

Work with some of the finest people you'll ever know

An insightful, sharp and caring executive team that the employees' well being to heart in every way they can.

Relaxed, jovial, and respectful work environment.

TeleSign is growing and so are the opportunities.

Impressive compensation packages and employee benefits

Working here gives one a unique and very satisfying sense of contribution and accomplishment.

Work in beautiful Marina Del Rey!

Cons

There are no Cons.

Not a one.

Honest... we don't have any prisoners working here.

Seriously, there are NO reasons to NOT work here.

If I could, I have all my best prior co-workers here as well.

Don't change a thing! What you've been doing is working!!

Marketing

Current Employee - Marketing in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at TeleSign full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great job environment for can-do folks and visionary CEO. The company is experiencing amazing growth so its fun to be along for the ride. I'm new to TeleSign and am surprised by ho positive everyone is about the company and its potential.

Cons

Not for those looking for a 9 to 5 regimen. This is pretty typical of high growth, high tech companies I've worked at in the past and they clearly have done this before.

Keep hiring "honey badgers" -- that is, people who get work done and don't dictate from on high.

B2B isn't all its cracked up to be

I worked at TeleSign full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to learn new skills, awesome people.

Cons

Disorganized, lack of a clear goals and procedures. Inability to "see the bigger picture" as is the norm with start-ups. Not enough cross-departmental-support which reduces efficiency.

Have a clear idea of what you want your company to be, be more than just a mission statement and become what you preach. Be open to new ideas and remember that, just because it worked in the past, doesn't mean it will work in the future. Above all there is no 'I' in TEAM, learn to work together and not against each other.