TeleTech

TeleTech Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman

Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros:
  • "Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic"
    in 58 reviews
  • "Great work environment and office culture"
    in 26 reviews
Cons:
  • "If you have a working spouse, have kids and you value work/life balance this is not the place for you"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Hectic call center with eight hours of back to back calls with minimal breaks and scripted metrics"
    in 17 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fairly ok job for a telecommute job but better than most telecommute jobs because you are an employee.

Post Purchase Support Agent (Current Employee)
    Englewood, CO

ProsFlexible in scheduling work hours; you can usually get time off if not a busy season.

ConsLow pay of less than $9 per hour. Tech support needs improvement. Busy one day and slow the next day so job security is lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore promotional opportunities needed and full-time opportunities should be made available to par-time employees.

OK so far....only 1 week in

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Springfield, MO

ProsCompany seems very friendly, and family orientated. Decent break room amenities including ping-pong, computer lab, video game room, and tv lounge. Pay is stable, and there are usually opportunities for overtime shifts if you need extra cash. Training and coaching is adequate preparation for the actual job. There are some opportunities for bonuses as well. Awesome sign on bonus.

ConsVERY strict. But we are in the financial sector so I think that is to be expectedI Upper management does not seem to appreciate employees and all the hard work that is put in. Compensation increases are not happening unless you are upper management!

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your employees. Add more performance based incentives and bonuses. Increase pay cap and award raises to exceptional employees and supervisors. Offer more opportunities for exceptional agents to learn skills that would allow them to adapt to QA and supervisor roles.

Many Pro's and Many Con's

Customer Service (Current Employee)

ProsFriendly Staff Environment
    better then fast food pay
    good for right out of high school students

Conscons - The First Place To Start Is The Pay, Its A Joke.
    benefits - Eat Up Your PayChecks!!!
    scheduling - Unfair Along With Stack Rankings For Bids
    soft wear - Out Of Date By A Long Shot
    turnover rates - Next To None The Highest Ever Seen
    Many More Things.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are wanting to keep any new hires along with keeping the tenured agents there really has to be something done about the pay, some families that surround me struggle to survive, and this place is only tearing them apart

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Only if you're desperate or looking for short term holiday or emergency money do you come to Teletech. Not worth it

Team Lead (Former Employee)
    West Valley City, UT

Pros1. You get to work from the comfort of your home.
    2. It really is easy work for those looking to supplement their income.

Cons1. Don't make this your primary... depending on the dept, the hours are not always stable (such as Sales)
    2. Pay scale, I've seen agents who haven't received a raise in months and 1 in over a yr since being brought on part time
    3. During Ramp, they take agents (most who haven't been w/ the company long enough to know the better part of policy / procedures) and turn them into trainers... So beware if :
         *You come in and your trainer doesn't know what they are doing, or have never trained for your dept and sound like they are reading from Cue cards.
         * If you find you are w/ tech support more than you are in training class..
    4. Favoritism / Shift Differential --- you will find those that suck up to TL's or managers get better shift hours, and when hired either perm or seasonal. you are always promised the hours you asked for during the interview and when you get to live production you never get it............. Why you ask? they just need Bodies during high call volume & holiday seasons.... Be prepared to ask other agents if you can switch shifts.. TLs won't help you in this no matter how much you complain

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better working equipments for your TL's
    Stop the favoritism when it comes to who gets higher positions. hard work, metrics & knowing the business should be all you look at. Not who kisses your butt better.
    Treat your workers better and Sales OM, you won't have a high attrition rate like you did Ramp season of 2013.
    In general treat your workers like PEOPLE, not bodies or cash cows.

It's the 21st Century version of factory work.

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee)

ProsNone really other than PTO

ConsLow wages, political high school drama, and really no true advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that half way know what they're doing and raises would be nice maybe your turnover wouldn't be so high.

All We Care About is Dollars

CSR2 (Former Employee)
    Kalispell, MT

ProsThere isn't really any good reason to work for this company that I can think of. The only real reason I can see any one would want to work there is because they are desperate for a job. I guess that is a pro. They give jobs to people who are desperate.

ConsManagement all have inflated egos and its kinda like trying to break into the good ol' boys club. Very little room for advancement. Employees are expected to be like sheep conforming to some managers wishes. Any type of constructive criticism is looked at as a threat and employees who come up with new ideas are put in their place accordingly. Its like telling a child "because I said so" instead of teaching the child why they should not do whatever it is they are doing. Constantly lost in the shuffle and then being treated like a less than adequate employee. Horrible place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign. Start over with new management who aren't on their power hungry trip.

Great people, low salary

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Springfield, MO

ProsGreat people to work with. Local management great.

Consworks shifts can change constantly. Pay is stagnant. Opportunities for advance slow or not at all

Advice to Senior ManagementGlobal management needs to share more that is going on with local management and empolyees

Previous Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery fast paced and ever-changing. Mid level management was wonderful.

ConsI left due to upper management not appreciating employees and all the hard work that was put in. Compensation increases were not happening unless you were upper management!

Decent place to start, but I wouldn't plan a career with this company.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Springfield, MO

ProsDecent break room amenities including ping-pong, computer lab, video game room, and tv lounge. Pay is stable, and there are usually opportunities for overtime shifts if you need extra cash. Training and coaching is adequate preparation for the actual job. There are some opportunities for bonuses as well.

ConsGetting time off can be a bit of a hassle. It's very difficult to advance as many people will try to apply for internal positions. The company's health plans are very expensive compared to what is covered and is generally only affordable to those who have a significant other that works another job. Bathroom breaks come out of your alloted break time.

I worked in Customer Service and Telemarketing, it was very rewarding

Dispatcher (Former Employee)
    Lorain, OH

ProsThe Benefits, open work atmosphere

ConsWorking weekends, shift changes better cafeteria

Advice to Senior ManagementCost of living raises

Worked for TeleTech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TeleTech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TeleTech CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman. All 553 reviews posted anonymously by TeleTech employees.