TeleTech

TeleTech Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman

Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic(in 66 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you(in 11 reviews)

• Hectic call center with eight hours of back to back calls with minimal breaks and scripted metrics(in 18 reviews)

Horrible Work Life Balance

Human Resources (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsYou learn a lot about what NOT to do in a company.

ConsIT infrastructure is so messed up that many current employees don't even know how to use it correctly.
    If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you. They expect you to work 70 to 80 hours a week with no recognition. You only receive recognition once you've submitted your notice. Projects are so unorganized that HR tends to be the ones who have to come clean up the mess. They continuously acquire new companies when there they haven't integrated the ones acquired 4 years ago. They've acquired about 8 companies and not even ONE is fully integrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of ALL senior management and start over, including the CEO. They're going to run this place into the ground. They make decisions that cause issues all the way down the line. Spend time restructuring all system infrastructure.

Can't, or won't solve even the smallest problems

ProsPays a little more than minimum wage

ConsTemporary work.
    Acoustics are a huge problem. Multiple training sessions in the same room where employees/students are trying to concentrate. Teletech did not provide noise cancelling headphones, just cheap old flunkies. IT did not correct problems on computer.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs I am sure Teletech and their insurance companies make billions, invest in noise cancelling head phones from DAY !. Provide separate closed door, acoustically-advantaged rooms for EACH set of training sessions. Hire enough IT personnel to fix compute problems.

Only if you're looking for short term employment.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood benefits, great site director, occasion Pay-for-performance incentives.

ConsHours aren't very flexible, call handling times are far too strict, no room for growth, your job is not secure at all. If this company has one bad quarter, they will pull the rug out from under you with no warning and move your job to another state where it's cheaper to employ people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's not for everyone

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Morgantown, WV

ProsThe paid training was a good perk, About a month's worth of paid training before you actually go out to the call floor. There was actually a pretty good health care plan for job. You got automatic pay raises the longer you were there all the way up to $10/hour then there was a cap. There was a big break room with all kinds of vending machines for your lunch hour.

ConsYour scheduled lunch and breaks were different every single day and if didn't adhere to the exact schedule, you would have to flex it past your shift to make up for lost call time. You were always monitored. Had to follow a strict code of conduct when speaking to customers, who are sometimes very irritable. And it's not hard to violate that code of conduct in my experience. In order to be promoted to a different department that has nothing to do with the call center floor, you have to start with taking the calls first. Everyone that works there and has been promoted to a higher position that doesn't have to take calls has taken calls before.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to have a higher wage compensation. Having a bank for a client is a lot more difficult than other clients.

Manager, Service Delivery

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome culture. Great training and peer support. Exceptional upward mobility opportunities.

ConsLimited at home opportunities, with stringent system requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see the work from home opportunities expanded.

Great place to work

ProsThey only promote from within

ConsWorkload can give a headache

Good at the site level, still seemingly a heartless corporation.

Anonymous (Current Employee) Kalispell, MT

ProsAbility to move forward, the company does prefer to promote from within. Lots of community involvement, lots of involvement from site leadership.

ConsNo pay increases without promotion, there's folks have been there multiple years without any pay increase. Corporate is money hungry- outsourcing lots of jobs to overseas folks, terminating site jobs in the US to send them to other countries.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your US folks first. Regular pay increases!

Teletech is alright

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTeletech gave me a decent experience with room to grow.

ConsTeletech is an outsource company focused on numbers

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider making more moves to show appreciation for your employees

Teletech at home is a good stepping stone.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsWorking from home, fun co-workers. Gives you experience of working from home as a customer service representative.

Consonly getting 8 hrs a week, not enough to live on during slow times. Mandatory shift increases/reductions with short notice. Also, after 2 years I have never once gotten a raise.

Advice to Senior Managementtrain more on material, and less on types of personalities, give back some benefits, and consider giving raises.

I worked there for 3 months.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice coworkers. Enthusiastic. Lots of training, Lots of information. They make sure you know the company's history. Nesting period in which experienced and helpful employees help you transition into being on the phones.

ConsI had two trainers. One was super into her job. The other didn't even work in credit cards, where I was supposed to work. He was in debit cards. You spend lots of time training, but I didn't feel like I'd learned anything useful to the point I didn't even finish training. High turn over. Where you sit could change everyday.

Worked for TeleTech? Contribute to the Community!