TeleTech

TeleTech Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman

Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic(in 66 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you(in 11 reviews)

• Hectic call center with eight hours of back to back calls with minimal breaks and scripted metrics(in 18 reviews)

It's the 21st Century version of factory work.

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsNone really other than PTO

ConsLow wages, political high school drama, and really no true advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that half way know what they're doing and raises would be nice maybe your turnover wouldn't be so high.

WAH Position is awesome!

Work At Home Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsI loved working at home. I was never late or stuck in traffic lol. With online shopping and direct deposit there was no need to put miles on my car. I usually worked in my footie pajamas and would eat while I worked, you aren't supposed to but soft foods like applesauce and fruit are hard to detect during a phine call. I really enjoyed the client I worked for and I gained a lot of customer service experience.

ConsOn the work at home contract, you can get lonely and burned out, also the pay isn't very high. The idea is you're saving a lot of money on travel, eating out and business attire, however if you have young children it's best to get childcare which can really eat away at your income.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be good to allow peoplew to work longer hours consistently instead of having people compete for overtime and get email bombardments for extra hours.

Great job that allows me to work and be available to my family

At Home Cust Service Representative (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsTime, avalablity, hours,holidays, weekends, space

ConsPolicies, pay, room for gowth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRoom for advancement if you go to work and do your job.
    Interesting projects coming in
    Training and moderate benefits available, though costly for the better ones
    Nationwide and International opportunities for those that put in the work

ConsCall Center environment is always challenging
    Absenteeism of coworkers

Great place to be

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Englewood, CO

Pros-From the second I walked in for my interview I felt at home here, from the person at the front desk, the HR rep, and the people I interviewed with. This hasn’t changed since I’ve been here.
    -Pay
    -Feel like there is good opportunity to grow within the company.
    -Not a lot of micro management, promote independence
    -Managers, VPs, SVP take time to get to know you, listen to ideas, and don’t feel above getting their hands dirty.
    -Flexibility
    -People, fun place to be, friendly other than the angry circle walker.
    -Interesting work
    -Change day to day in tasks
    -Environment, pretty laid back for the most part

Cons-From my understanding the new CFO has made major changes to the finance departments over the past few years, which would explain the poor views people stated previously.
    -Slow and inefficient processes, however there have been steps made to correct this since I’ve been here and I feel pretty optimistic.
    -Confusion due to siloed information.

Advice to Senior Management-It’s great here and I feel like as whole TeleTech is making the right moves to adjust for current problems and I am very optimistic for the company and myself here.

My first and last call center

Msr (Current Employee) Greeley, CO

ProsThe training is paid.
    The bathrooms are separated for boys, and girls.
    Lots of parking spaces.

ConsTo get promoted the only skill you need is to be a good BS-er. Your education, work history, including military service, means nothing to the ones interviewing you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of bill stoddard.

Great work at home company - some issues like all companies

TeleTech @ Home Agent (Former Employee) Hollywood, FL

ProsLegitimate work from home positions
    Great work life balance / part time
    A lot of perks/benefits not offered by other part time employers
    Training opportunities
    Growing company has presence all over the world

ConsThe only challenges I had were technical challenges with client systems that were outdated or slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication with client company when there are issues with software that impede us from doing our job correctly (so it is clear the issue is not TeleTech employees but issues with their systems).

I'm on the fence regarding my work experience at TeleTech

Training Assistant (Former Employee) Amherst, OH

ProsIf you are part of a good project, then TeleTech is a really great work environment

ConsCertain clients put unreasonable expectations on the employees and you end up getting stuck in the middle and working for two companies with two different objectives

Advice to Senior ManagementEither go big or go home. If TeleTech takes on a client then you have to support their objectives wholeheartedly. Otherwise employees become frustrated and confused.

Worst company I ever worked for

Intuit TurboTax Technical Support (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsWorking from home is nice. That's about it.

ConsWorst management I've ever seen - Bar none. Constantly changing teams - during my 6 months with Teletech I had 9 different supervisors, as each one would come on swinging their junk around and get fired in 2 weeks or so. Training was a joke - I was on the Intuit Turbotax project, and our training taught us practically nothing about how to handle the questions we were going to be receiving. Once we were dumped into the deep end, as it were, there was literally no support from the company for months - the teams pulled together and helped each other out, with people that had tax knowledge helping everyone else. When there was only 1 month left in the project, Teletech finally set up a half-decent support system (empashis on the half), and started reprimanding the Senior agents that had helping before for giving answers out of turn, leading to 2 of them quitting immediately. It was just a total mess and I would not recommend it to anyone.

I actually managed to finish my project, though. I was promised a $600 retention bonus if I kept my reliability up high enough. I did so, ending with 97%, and was told by a manager that I qualified for the bonus - but of course, Teletech gave me $200 instead (which was the consolation price for people that called off a lot.) Now they no longer respond to contacts regarding this. Cute, considering I was ranked quite highly in the metrics and put in a lot of heart - obviously this was just a "don't call off" scheme, but I expected them to honor the contract that I signed. I don't expect this to ever be resolved.

Once tax season ended, on April 17th nearly all agents were immediately let go. If you take a job on this project, don't expect to stay on past then. I was offered a chance to stay on, but I had finished my contract, gotten my bonus (or so I thought) and had had enough of this miserable mess of a company, so I resigned.

Working from home is tempting, but believe me, you will severely regret being employed by Teletech. They are dishonest and bad at pretty much everything they do. Get a job at Support.com instead.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of the managers were fired too after tax season ended, so, yeah.

I used to love coming to work

Prosbenefits for FT - and absolutley nothing else at this point

Consflexibility, pay v.s. responsibilities, unrealistic expectations for workload, hour restrictions with work load that exceeds time frames, stress, adequate support, adequate technology

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your technology used in the at home sector. Far too much productivity and production time is lost due to completely resolvable technical issues caused by using outdated systems that don't have proper across the board support.

We are laying off good employees due to their technology being too advanced for the outdated XP based systems. Stop promoting people to jobs supervising sites that they are unfamiliar with - this is causing issues across the board with unrealistic expectations based on management teams that are not experienced in the @home working environment.

I used to love my job here - and rave and reccomend this company to anyone who would listen. however after the recent changes over the last year to how it is operated myself and others - including new hires are unable to see this as a good career option. If Teletech continues on this course they will find themselves in the position convergys was 3 years ago where they found it nearly impossible to recruit quality employees.

Worked for TeleTech? Contribute to the Community!