TeleTech Reviews in Morgantown, WV

Updated September 23, 2014
2.8

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic (in 70 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is not possible in the current environment (in 13 reviews)

• I get it that this is a call center but other places treat you better (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My time at Teletech was great they are a good employer that pays a good wage and chance for advancement.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TeleTech part-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay a decent wage in West Virginia. They also have room for advancement within the company and can get advanced pretty quickly.

Cons

The only challenge I found was the sitting for long periods of time. I need to be busy and moving to stay interested and it was a little boring.

Find ways to break up the day to make it more interesting.

Beware the petty politics

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TeleTech full-time

Pros

upper management on site is great

Cons

bureaucracy and petty politics people try to bring you down so they can move up

Listen to your local management, don't jump to term, go back to a development culture instead of a negative terming environment

It's not for everyone

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

The paid training was a good perk, About a month's worth of paid training before you actually go out to the call floor. There was actually a pretty good health care plan for job. You got automatic pay raises the longer you were there all the way up to $10/hour then there was a cap. There was a big break room with all kinds of vending machines for your lunch hour.

Cons

Your scheduled lunch and breaks were different every single day and if didn't adhere to the exact schedule, you would have to flex it past your shift to make up for lost call time. You were always monitored. Had to follow a strict code of conduct when speaking to customers, who are sometimes very irritable. And it's not hard to violate that code of conduct in my experience. In order to be promoted to a different department that has nothing to do with the call center floor, you have to start with taking the calls first. Everyone that works there and has been promoted to a higher position that doesn't have to take calls has taken calls before.

Needs to have a higher wage compensation. Having a bank for a client is a lot more difficult than other clients.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do your job, follow the rules, and you'll be fine.

Current Employee - TTY Call Center Agent  in  Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - TTY Call Center Agent in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay, promotions are always inside the center, and the work is rather easy to do.

Cons

The people. The customers are hard to deal with on a daily basis, as things get repetitive and getting yelled all day, everyday is annoying. The staff is generally okay. You do have to follow the rules to a "T" otherwise corrective behavior is in order. The schedules are set and it can be difficult for a college student who might need an extra day off one week, but they do try to work with you.

Very rigorous, and yet sedentary.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

My line of business has taught me extremely valuable information about banking, which is something I wanted to know all about. A wealth of information for an entry level position I have learned far more than you need to know about banking. It's a relaxing atmosphere. I like that it's a very relaxed environment and you have little accountability with management. You basically interact with a computer and whomever sits nearby. The company is incredibly graceful toward it's employees in my opinion, from experience they have been very lenient and supportive of me.

Cons

You learn far to much at this job. Not only do you learn very important things that may have transfer value for the future, but also every little minute detail of what becomes increasingly useless information. On the other hand that is one of the criteria for Carnegie's extreme wealth formula. While I used to be excited about learning, now I crave simplicity. There are many migraine complaints here. It is a very sedentary job, the sitting is very relaxing, and the chairs are comfortable but, you have to keep a gym membership or you could die.

The people need to be more engaged with one another. You can become isolated, and depressed and not build any interpersonal relationships here. You can do this anywhere, but here even if your heart is swelling with love it's difficult to build lasting relationships with co workers, because you are consistently busy.

Great for emergency/college employment needs.

I worked at TeleTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not much. Customers are awful and very seldom does management truly value you as an associate. Sweet cafeteria? Guaranteed lunches and breaks are dope though. And I guess you can advance quickly.

I had this job through college. It was great. I got paid well above minimum wage and my hours were cemented around my classes. There is no finer job for a college student needing work.

Cons

Taking off time is near impossible unless you know someone who can do a favor for you. Depressing atmosphere, unhealthy co-workers. Pay raises or bonuses have become near impossible.

Nothing, because nothing will change.

You're not just a number, you're a bunch of numbers

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Coach  in  Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Coach in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some flexibility for college kids, etc. Can flex hours from day to day sometimes. pays above minimum wage.typically

Cons

low pay (although above minimum wage in this area), zero employee satisfaction. Management could care less about you or your future with the company, even though they pretend to at times. You're scored on terrible metrics that you have little control over, and it effects your bonuses big time. The so-called promotions are a joke. $0.50/hr for a promotion to coach desk which takes all the angry customers and you're suppose to be most knowledgable. Really? $0.50 is a reward for being a great employee? Pathetic.

How about some personal attention to the employees. How about caring about keeping the talented employees and stop letting them walk out by the dozen after years of good service.Terrible company as a whole and just no concern by management to make it better.

I felt exploited as a commodity.

Former Employee - Senior Account Specialist  in  Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Senior Account Specialist in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TeleTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is not difficult to get a job with Teletech, and if you follow their rules to the 't' it is not difficult to keep that job.

Cons

Little room for advancement. While It is true that much of Teletech's upper-level management started out at the bottom, there are not many rungs on the ladder to climb in-between.

Increase wages according to time with company.

TeleHell

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

In depth training, one on one training with seasoned employees, teaches employees a lot about banking policies and procedures.

Cons

very rude customers call in at times, some team leaders are condescending, outdated equipment, employee evaluations dwell on the tiniest mistakes even though you help hundreds of people a day .

Require personality tests for team leaders, upgrade computer systems.

It's a Job

I worked at TeleTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Somewhat flexible scheduling, will hire just about anyone regardless of disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.

Cons

People, experience, and skills are not valued--you're a butt in a chair, that's all.

Worked for TeleTech? Contribute to the Community!