TeleTech Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
2.8

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic (in 70 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is not possible in the current environment (in 13 reviews)

• I get it that this is a call center but other places treat you better (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Teletech

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

Personal growth, training, selfconfidence, time-off policies

Cons

Personal growth, training, selfconfidence, time-off policies

7 yr employee

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I, Customer Service Representative II, Chat, Ed Desk  in  Moundsville, WV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I, Customer Service Representative II, Chat, Ed Desk in Moundsville, WV

I worked at TeleTech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overall a good place to work, but it depends so much on the project you are on. Cable tv project had huge push to sell to customers calling in about bill or problems with services. Call centers have their own culture and the culture went downhill while I was there. My project was cancelled by the cable co. I learned a lot there! Good for someone starting out in the job market or older people looking for additional income.

Cons

It's a call center. My local management team did the best they could within the system. High stress, chained to desk, seemingly endless stream of calls. I hated being forced to sell to customers calling in about bill or service problems.

Bring back more of the office culture I experienced in 2006. Celebrate holidays, inject a little fun with the special days like luau day, sports team day, and so on. Little things like passing out a candy or granola bar when call volume was insanely high does make a big difference. Benefits were good but went downhill. Pay was ok, but very difficult to go up the pay scale because of the ever changing metrics on performance.

On line questins

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at TeleTech full-time

Pros

Do not know enough yet, went thru computer tests, scenario's and was told I would be having an interview that it was automated.

Cons

Too many tests but they weren't too bad.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Typical Help desk

I worked at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Clean, organized, well lit cubicles

Cons

Work shift changes exreemely difficult

Great company to work with

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Canaveral As, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Canaveral As, FL

I worked at TeleTech as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Everything meaning every single thing

Cons

Nothing meaning not any thing

Nice people, pay about 20% under-market

Current Employee - Director  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Englewood, CO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Smart, good people to work with

Cons

Lower pay, low benefits, poor company match

My experience with Teletech was good.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in New York, NY

I worked at TeleTech part-time for more than a year

Pros

Trainers, coaches and Team leads are all very nice. They do their best to help you. When you leave on good terms you can qualify to be rehired. (I was). I worked from home in customer service. When you make 6 months you can sign up to receive a flex spending health card where Teletech puts in $23 twice a month. You can use that for prescription copays and other pharmaceutical products. If you are off on a holiday and you are a perm agent you get paid and if you work you get holiday pay. It's easy to switch schedules or shifts with other agents when you need time off.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that the pay can start from $8 to $9/hr. There are no raises unless you change positions.
    When it's very busy they add mandatory hours to your schedule and when it's very slow you get mandatory time off.
    When you work a full 8 hour day you only get 2 10min breaks and one 30 min lunch break. Sometime it's hard sitting there when it's very busy without a sufficient break time.

You should give raises at least when an employee is there 6months and then every year. When employees have to work a full day during peak seasons at least give 2 15 minute breaks and at least a 45 min lunch break. Maybe you can give the option of a 30 min or 45 min lunch break up to the agent when setting schedules.
    Agents can be more happy and productive when having the proper breaks especially during stressful seasons at work.
    Otherwise a pretty ok company.

Wildly Inconsistent Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

First 3 Years
    - Engaged managers and above who gave positive feedback
    - Fast-paced projects that were managed to reasonable timelines
    - Defined roles and responsibilities
    - Great on-boarding (department)
    - Supportive peers and project teams
    - Heated parking
    - Work from home (one day per week, later more flexible)

The people I have worked with have been hard-working, kind, friendly, enthusiastic, dedicated, and supportive. For three of my four years at TeleTech I received positive feedback, great performance reviews, bonuses, and raises.

In that time there was a round of layoffs and management shift, yet I knew my role and was a valued part of the team. I was promoted twice. I was hired far below market value for my experience, which was corrected through the performance bonuses and top salary offer allowed when promoted.

Cons

The Last 12 Months
    - Work hours have no boundaries.
    - Work/Life balance is not possible in the current environment.
    - Project deadlines are "accelerated" or follow "rapid development" timelines -- there is no normal pace or realistic expectation now.
    - It seems senior leaders believe the company is "agile," "responsive," "innovative," and so on. The reality is there are policies designed to slow things down and resources that are difficult to find or use.
    - Benefits have gotten goofy -- "wellness" activities pay minimal HSA dollars. If you go for anything other than preventative care you'll have to pay thousands of dollars before insurance covers it.

Go back to health plans employees can use that do not take three paychecks to cover non-preventative care or prescriptions.

Ok

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good bosses and OK pay.

Cons

Kinda boring and yeah boring.

Not sure.

Customer Service/ Call center

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, $10 an hour, weekends off, paid holidays/holidays off, paid training.

Cons

A lot to learn, several screens that you need to be in at all times. Six weeks of training you are either in one of the training classes 6am-3pm or 3:30pm- midnight. if you miss a training class more then two days (if emergency) you can not make it up.

The trainer that I had is terrible, he does not go over important things more then once, and if you don't get it or ask questions he gets angry, likes to single you out in front of the class, announce your personal business to the class and embarrass you.

Worked for TeleTech? Contribute to the Community!