TeleTech Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
2.8

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic (in 66 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you (in 11 reviews)

• Hectic call center with eight hours of back to back calls with minimal breaks and scripted metrics (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work with

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Canaveral As, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Canaveral As, FL

I worked at TeleTech as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Everything meaning every single thing

Cons

Nothing meaning not any thing

My experience with Teletech was good.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in New York, NY

I worked at TeleTech part-time for more than a year

Pros

Trainers, coaches and Team leads are all very nice. They do their best to help you. When you leave on good terms you can qualify to be rehired. (I was). I worked from home in customer service. When you make 6 months you can sign up to receive a flex spending health card where Teletech puts in $23 twice a month. You can use that for prescription copays and other pharmaceutical products. If you are off on a holiday and you are a perm agent you get paid and if you work you get holiday pay. It's easy to switch schedules or shifts with other agents when you need time off.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that the pay can start from $8 to $9/hr. There are no raises unless you change positions.
    When it's very busy they add mandatory hours to your schedule and when it's very slow you get mandatory time off.
    When you work a full 8 hour day you only get 2 10min breaks and one 30 min lunch break. Sometime it's hard sitting there when it's very busy without a sufficient break time.

You should give raises at least when an employee is there 6months and then every year. When employees have to work a full day during peak seasons at least give 2 15 minute breaks and at least a 45 min lunch break. Maybe you can give the option of a 30 min or 45 min lunch break up to the agent when setting schedules.
    Agents can be more happy and productive when having the proper breaks especially during stressful seasons at work.
    Otherwise a pretty ok company.

Wildly Inconsistent Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

First 3 Years
    - Engaged managers and above who gave positive feedback
    - Fast-paced projects that were managed to reasonable timelines
    - Defined roles and responsibilities
    - Great on-boarding (department)
    - Supportive peers and project teams
    - Heated parking
    - Work from home (one day per week, later more flexible)

The people I have worked with have been hard-working, kind, friendly, enthusiastic, dedicated, and supportive. For three of my four years at TeleTech I received positive feedback, great performance reviews, bonuses, and raises.

In that time there was a round of layoffs and management shift, yet I knew my role and was a valued part of the team. I was promoted twice. I was hired far below market value for my experience, which was corrected through the performance bonuses and top salary offer allowed when promoted.

Cons

The Last 12 Months
    - Work hours have no boundaries.
    - Work/Life balance is not possible in the current environment.
    - Project deadlines are "accelerated" or follow "rapid development" timelines -- there is no normal pace or realistic expectation now.
    - It seems senior leaders believe the company is "agile," "responsive," "innovative," and so on. The reality is there are policies designed to slow things down and resources that are difficult to find or use.
    - Benefits have gotten goofy -- "wellness" activities pay minimal HSA dollars. If you go for anything other than preventative care you'll have to pay thousands of dollars before insurance covers it.

Go back to health plans employees can use that do not take three paychecks to cover non-preventative care or prescriptions.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good bosses and OK pay.

Cons

Kinda boring and yeah boring.

Not sure.

Customer Service/ Call center

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, $10 an hour, weekends off, paid holidays/holidays off, paid training.

Cons

A lot to learn, several screens that you need to be in at all times. Six weeks of training you are either in one of the training classes 6am-3pm or 3:30pm- midnight. if you miss a training class more then two days (if emergency) you can not make it up.

The trainer that I had is terrible, he does not go over important things more then once, and if you don't get it or ask questions he gets angry, likes to single you out in front of the class, announce your personal business to the class and embarrass you.

A great environment to work in

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

They accept people for who they are and they try their best to make you feel a part of the team

Cons

It is a call center. There are a lot of pressures.

They need to stop taking away our tools

Team Lead

Former Employee - Team Lead  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TeleTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of "front-end" support and process systems, giving the impression that the company has it all together. As well, there are employees in management tiers with both time and trackable career advancement paths that give one hope that this is a good place to be, one where you too can make these advancements and continue to elevate your career as you contribute to a growing business.

Cons

The truth is the great majority of people at the lower levels of the company are utilized as workhorses, merely given tasks and expected to perform. Input and feedback from these lower levels isn't really viewed as well as company propaganda would have you believe. As well, opportunities for advancement may not be as available as it initially seems. Honestly, it seems that there is a tremendous amount of turnover, both through burnout and workload driven attrition (voluntary resignations/terminations), and that people at both lower and intermediate supervisory levels are often worked nearly to a breaking point. Management focus is almost solely on the client side, with client perceptions often overriding marketplace truths (data does not lie, but it is often misinterpreted or intentionally skewed to achieve an agenda).

Listen more, to your own people, and learn to better utilize the information they provide. The people with boots on the ground hear and see everything that happens, and it does't take much for them to compile a big picture of problems as they evolve. As a company, we were almost wholly client-focussed, and tended to ignore workplace truths versus client perceptions.

At home Tele Tech

Current Employee - Front Office At Home  in  Uniontown, PA
    Current Employee - Front Office At Home in Uniontown, PA

I have been working at TeleTech part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work from home. It is a potable job and since I have been moving around the past 2 years because of relocation, I could take my job with me.

Cons

There is no room to grow n this company.

It is all about the profit - ratios do not match workload

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Loved the experience of working from home. They do have the technology for work at home training and operational support. Global company and working with people all over the world gives a new dimension to diversity. The partnerships with this company are solid.

Cons

So fast paced does not allow for true development of the seasonal worker. Although work/life balance is discussed, this company micro-manages and requires filling out reports for the sake of filling out reports which requires hours of work beyond the normal 8 hour day. Meetings are sometimes not productive as there is very little empowerment provided to the middle management. The Executive Management is sometimes so far removed from the Seasonal worker that it takes an act of Congress to effect change. The Executive Management level believes a meeting, a plan and a spreadsheet should resolve all issues without the consideration of the customer. If you are on Salary - you will work many hours.

Empower and put trust in your middle management. Inspect what you expect, however do not micro-manage your teams to death. Fix your ratios to match actual workload. Get a reporting team for each partner. Do not expect your Managers to create excel spreadsheets like experts. If you hire management from the outside - provide at least a 2 month lead in time to allow learning of all Teletech process and select a mentor buddy system to work side by side with a similar role prior to launching/ramping their own project. Be sure projects are scoped properly prior to beginning.

I got lucky

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Uniontown, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniontown, PA

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Project was tanking and we only got 5 calls a day that last for 5 min or less. Prior I had to work for a bank there and did so poorly on the phone they transferred me to an old tanking project with a stress free job description. I got to read books and kick back for eight hours a day 12 months a year. Training was cinch. And when the project really started to tank we got 2 hour lunches. The supervisors created all sorts of ways to earn extra time off like extra breaks and always brought in snacks. It was nothing like another project in teletech.

Cons

The bank I was originally hired for was USAA which has high customer quality ratings and a strict standard. I would just talk to old people on the phone for hours on end to eat up the time and alleviate the stress. Eventually they got wise and transferred me since I couldn't/wouldn't hack it. Damn that bank was invasive. No pens or pencils allowed, to combat identity theft by employees, and the whole bank project was behind a locked partisan. Everything about that project was unbalance, high strung, demanding and frustrating and you got to work with some the worst people in your town there.

they clean house every ten years. So don't ever get to cozy with a management position at teletech. Any type of benefit or time release incentives is merely a bill of goods to keep you on board as long as they can. And we they clean house they sweep the whole floor. The people on the phone have more job security than anyone else there. I suppose the clean sweep is to efficiently wipe out any nepotism or favoritism without getting tied into a conflict of interest, especially since everybody is everybody's cousin.

Worked for TeleTech? Contribute to the Community!