TeleTech Reviews

Updated October 24, 2014
2.8

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic (in 71 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you (in 12 reviews)

• I get it that this is a call center but other places treat you better (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

7 yr employee

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I, Customer Service Representative II, Chat, Ed Desk in Moundsville, WV

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a good place to work, but it depends so much on the project you are on. Cable tv project had huge push to sell to customers calling in about bill or problems with services. Call centers have their own culture and the culture went downhill while I was there. My project was cancelled by the cable co. I learned a lot there! Good for someone starting out in the job market or older people looking for additional income.

Cons

It's a call center. My local management team did the best they could within the system. High stress, chained to desk, seemingly endless stream of calls. I hated being forced to sell to customers calling in about bill or service problems.

Bring back more of the office culture I experienced in 2006. Celebrate holidays, inject a little fun with the special days like luau day, sports team day, and so on. Little things like passing out a candy or granola bar when call volume was insanely high does make a big difference. Benefits were good but went downhill. Pay was ok, but very difficult to go up the pay scale because of the ever changing metrics on performance.

TeleTech Response

Oct 13, 2014Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for feedback. We appreciate your inputs and will review how we can make things fun. :)

Had an amazing trainer

Former Employee - TSR in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - TSR in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working from home was a very awesome part of the job. The compensation was okay!

Cons

Even with all the training provided you still feel a little overwhelmed with your calls.

None at this time

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Managers are very helpful. Tons of people online to help you if you need help.

Cons

Having a set shift schedule.

Incredible! Best people to work for.

Current Employee - Telesales Agent in Sherwood, AR
    Current Employee - Telesales Agent in Sherwood, AR

I have been working at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

For full time employees the benefits are really good. They offer a 401k to seasonal employees as well as full time. The staff and management are some of the best I've ever worked with. Always positive and willing to help you anytime. The compensation is also very good and they promote from within. A real plus I would say

Cons

Training is the best bar none. Time-off they work with you to make sure you have what you need and the leadership well I just can't say enough about TeleTech and the was they treat their employees. I love this company and I love my new career with them.

Compared to other positions I have held the management is the best I have ever encountered. Always willing to listen and if you have a problem they work with you to get it resolved.

Fun and room to grow!

Current Employee - Trainer in Ennis, TX
    Current Employee - Trainer in Ennis, TX

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

For the local area, the salary is competitive. The training is intense and demanding for the contract I work, but you are put out on the production floor confident and ready to take your first call. There is an opportunity for advancement, and for personal growth. There are classes to take to improve your skills. The seasonal advancement program is outstanding!

Cons

The medical benefits are decent, but not great. There are not a lot of perks to working here, in the form of discounts etc. It is a call center, and with that comes call center drama.

A few perks would be nice. Free coffee maybe? Discounts at local businesses etc.

A worldwide organization with the resources to meet client needs.

Current Employee - Team Lead in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a group of dedicated professionals working here. Of the centers working on the same project this one is a leader due in a large part to the quality of the staff. The leadership have a can-do attitude and make things happen. If you follow the policies then time off is pretty good; the benefits package is good.
    I really like that it is a global company--so our support staff work remotely to accomplish our tasks.
    There are great learning and development opportunities. Plenty of advancement opportunities as well.

Cons

This is a new center with not much TeleTech experience. The center does not always draw upon the resources of the global organization. Adjusting to working with remote support staff is difficult. I would like to see more communication from the leadership. I also think we are understaffed administratively--need more people supporting those on the phones.

There are some excellent position titles available throughout the organization, but I never see them posted. It would be nice if there were clear career paths toward some of those opportunities.
    The new values are great but the rollout is being pushed a bit hard--if these were really our values then it would be more natural.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great People, Benefits, Environment, Fun, Exciting. All around a great place to work.

Cons

Sometimes the managers don't hold the employees to dress code.

It is a constant learning pace here and never a dull moment

Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like the fact that you get always up to date information about policies and changes with them, you have search tools that is needed to do your job and answer questions, you have great support from team members, with the continous learning about health insurance to better yourself and others you come in contact with

Cons

INFORMATION OVERLOAD AND NOT HAVING ENOUGH TIME TO PROCESS IT ALL

Working at Teletech

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniontown, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniontown, PA

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been with TeleTech for 3 months already and the experience I have so far has been terrific! Hiring process was very fast and convenient, training was loads of fun and I got to meet new friends. During the nesting bay period supervisors were helpful and provided sound support. Has great pay and incentives.

Cons

Doesn't really have a lot of advancement opportunities because some of my co-workers have been working here for a year or two and they have voiced out that they wanted to move up but they still were not given.

Prioritize letting your employees know that you value them and that they are an asset to the company.

Great place to grow

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities, great people to work with. Fun environment. Can be flexible with schedules. Nice bonus structure.

Cons

No merit pay increases. It's a large company, so there's a lot of policies and procedures that come down the pipes to keep up with.