TeleTech Reviews

Updated September 13, 2014
2.8

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic (in 66 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you (in 11 reviews)

• Hectic call center with eight hours of back to back calls with minimal breaks and scripted metrics (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Customer Service/ Call center

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, $10 an hour, weekends off, paid holidays/holidays off, paid training.

Cons

A lot to learn, several screens that you need to be in at all times. Six weeks of training you are either in one of the training classes 6am-3pm or 3:30pm- midnight. if you miss a training class more then two days (if emergency) you can not make it up.

The trainer that I had is terrible, he does not go over important things more then once, and if you don't get it or ask questions he gets angry, likes to single you out in front of the class, announce your personal business to the class and embarrass you.

Ok

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good bosses and OK pay.

Cons

Kinda boring and yeah boring.

Not sure.

A great place to work!

Current Employee - CSR-1  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - CSR-1 in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at TeleTech part-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy working here because of the flexibility with my hours.

Cons

The starting pay is low, but it provides a study pay check.

Increase the strting pay and give annual raises.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience, supremely disorganized company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at TeleTech part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great way to gain experience, little to no requirements to get hired.
    - Very casual and friendly atmosphere. Great people, lots of friends.
    - Salary is not bad at all if you are a student and work hard to comission the max.

Cons

- Extremely disorganized, you have to learn how to do everything on the job as the training leaves you very unprepared.
    - No one seems to take the job seriously.
    - You find yourself working in projects for companies which are also extermely chaotic, this might be because of Teletech's service or because of the companies who hire Teletech, but anyway, there are times in which simply no one knows what to do at all with a certain issue.
    - Company doesn't really care about its customers, and it shows.
    - Tremendously unprepared, underqualified people get hired all the time.

- Try to maintain closer contact with your employees and proedures. Everyone does pretty much whatever they want, including supervisors, managers and reps. Maybe this is truer of outsourced sites outside the U.S., i dont know.

- Get together with your clients and have them come up with better customer service solutions, i worked for two different campaigns and both were very chaotic.

- Care a little more about the customers.

Not bad

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

It's a stay at home job

Cons

They seem to have poor management

A great environment to work in

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

They accept people for who they are and they try their best to make you feel a part of the team

Cons

It is a call center. There are a lot of pressures.

They need to stop taking away our tools

Team Lead

Former Employee - Team Lead  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TeleTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of "front-end" support and process systems, giving the impression that the company has it all together. As well, there are employees in management tiers with both time and trackable career advancement paths that give one hope that this is a good place to be, one where you too can make these advancements and continue to elevate your career as you contribute to a growing business.

Cons

The truth is the great majority of people at the lower levels of the company are utilized as workhorses, merely given tasks and expected to perform. Input and feedback from these lower levels isn't really viewed as well as company propaganda would have you believe. As well, opportunities for advancement may not be as available as it initially seems. Honestly, it seems that there is a tremendous amount of turnover, both through burnout and workload driven attrition (voluntary resignations/terminations), and that people at both lower and intermediate supervisory levels are often worked nearly to a breaking point. Management focus is almost solely on the client side, with client perceptions often overriding marketplace truths (data does not lie, but it is often misinterpreted or intentionally skewed to achieve an agenda).

Listen more, to your own people, and learn to better utilize the information they provide. The people with boots on the ground hear and see everything that happens, and it does't take much for them to compile a big picture of problems as they evolve. As a company, we were almost wholly client-focussed, and tended to ignore workplace truths versus client perceptions.

At home Tele Tech

Current Employee - Front Office At Home  in  Uniontown, PA
    Current Employee - Front Office At Home in Uniontown, PA

I have been working at TeleTech part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work from home. It is a potable job and since I have been moving around the past 2 years because of relocation, I could take my job with me.

Cons

There is no room to grow n this company.

My career with Teletech

Former Employee - Network Engineer
    Former Employee - Network Engineer

I worked at TeleTech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I enjoyed working with all of the fellow Teletech employees.
    There was never a dull moment during my tenure with Teletech; always interesting.

Cons

I started out as a local site IT person and advanced to a Data Network Engineer on the national level.
    Teletech decided to move all US senior IT jobs to include Firewall, Data Network Engineers and Server Operations personnel to the Philippines for cheaper labor.

It is all about the profit - ratios do not match workload

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Loved the experience of working from home. They do have the technology for work at home training and operational support. Global company and working with people all over the world gives a new dimension to diversity. The partnerships with this company are solid.

Cons

So fast paced does not allow for true development of the seasonal worker. Although work/life balance is discussed, this company micro-manages and requires filling out reports for the sake of filling out reports which requires hours of work beyond the normal 8 hour day. Meetings are sometimes not productive as there is very little empowerment provided to the middle management. The Executive Management is sometimes so far removed from the Seasonal worker that it takes an act of Congress to effect change. The Executive Management level believes a meeting, a plan and a spreadsheet should resolve all issues without the consideration of the customer. If you are on Salary - you will work many hours.

Empower and put trust in your middle management. Inspect what you expect, however do not micro-manage your teams to death. Fix your ratios to match actual workload. Get a reporting team for each partner. Do not expect your Managers to create excel spreadsheets like experts. If you hire management from the outside - provide at least a 2 month lead in time to allow learning of all Teletech process and select a mentor buddy system to work side by side with a similar role prior to launching/ramping their own project. Be sure projects are scoped properly prior to beginning.

Worked for TeleTech? Contribute to the Community!