TeleTech

TeleTech Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman

Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic(in 66 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you(in 11 reviews)

• Hectic call center with eight hours of back to back calls with minimal breaks and scripted metrics(in 18 reviews)

My experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe employees and trainers are cool! I really enjoyed working at the company! I would recommend others to look into job opportunities with TeleTech.

ConsI understand that is imperative to attend training 100% but I have personally seen how people would miss time and the trainer would like out for them, which is good. The one issue I have is that I was one of the strongest agents but because I missed time for being ill, I had to leave the company. I didn't understand that. I've been working from home for some years now, and I always get offers so I wasn't too upset! :)

Advice to Senior ManagementTake in consideration that peoples health is more important than their job and please make improvements to WorkBooth!! Other than that, I think the company is Great!!!

Bubbliness and open communication are key

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsOverall it is not a bad company to work for. There is plenty of opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge. One must be willing to be flexible because change is the only thing constant. Plenty of activities that keep you engaged and on the right track.

ConsIf your not someone who is really talkative then you will want to really think about joining. If you are a real talker or "chatty cathy" then you will need to learn to talk less and listen more; as your metrics will depend on it.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomethings are not worth improving simply because one or more people don't like how it is run. If it works then let it be. If you try "it" a different way and you discover it doesn't work don't keep forcing the change. I know somethings need change, but that doesn't mean everything does. Because one part of the car doesn't work does not mean the mechanic will take the whole thing apart and try to rebuild it.

Global company with strong influences in call center training resources.

Instructional Designer (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsWork-life balance is strongly promoted

ConsRaises / Career Opportunity are limited and not widely available

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok for short term employment

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Fairfield, AL

ProsGreat work experience if you're going into customer relations.

ConsToo strict on call handling times!

Good company, average benefits

ProsGood hard working people at this company

Consextremely high turnover; below averag ehealth benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove health plan to retain the best employees

Not Bad

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Prosyou get paid on time

Consnot stable, they loss contracts often

Advice to Senior ManagementMore stability

It's ok to work for extra money

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Citronelle, AL

ProsIt is an at home position was the only pro about this job.

ConsNot much room for growth, back to back calls, and an 8 min average call handling time to try to stay under,
    the pay sucked, no benefits, and not full-time opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training to prepare rookies for what really is to come once they start answering the phone

Great place to get experience

ProsVery fast paced environment. All the employees are fantastic and you get a lot of experience.

ConsVery Fast pace environment. They need to value employees with long term knowledge.

Short term employment

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Stockton, CA

ProsGreat company to work for . Only worked temporary during summer but the three months I worked I had great pay.

ConsThe fact that it was so short since it was only a temporary summer job. Didn't get to show my full potential

Great stepping stone choice to get your career started.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsTeleTech offers paid bonus in addition with paid training at competitive rates

Great place to earn experience and build résumé.

Also great plans with large pool insurance health, dental, eyesight. With a knowledgeable staff to help guide you into what best fits your life situation.

TeleTech is a 3rd party customer service center that compartmentalizations specialty service to better tailor to customer needs and questions.

ConsThe amount of training is approximately 30 days; depending on which department you are trained for will make a difference, however most training covers only very basic situations in an environment that has complex situations. Most experience one gets will be learning it by trial and error.

Pay is great for starting, but is capped as it is 3rd party. Great experience builder but not a lot of room for moving up.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe most basic potential issue is that longevity at TeleTech is essentially discouraged. Early sign on bonuses and insurance coverage kick in almost immediately. However seasoned workers are hard to come by as their limits are quickly capped.

Instead of focusing high bonuses for newer recruits, it should be applied towards seasoned employees to match skill level and tenure.

Worked for TeleTech? Contribute to the Community!