TeleTech Reviews

Reset
2.8
TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Legitimate work from home positions (in 80 reviews)

• Great work environment and office culture (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • A complete lack of work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• I get it that this is a call center but other places treat you better (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Absolutely love my job, life changing experience, comfortable environment.

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned every day obstacles to apply to my career as well as my personal life. I truly feel like I belong here, the environment is comfortable and pleasing. My supervisors and coworkers are wonderful. You really have to apply yourself to this position but it is all well worth it and the outcome is the best reward.

Cons

The uncertainty of having a permanent status of our employment was the only downfall, but if you truly apply yourself and have a passion for this job then there are absolutely no worries.

Advice to Management

Possibly more thorough and hands-on learning applied during the 6 week training course but I'm sure new methods will take place next hiring season.

Jun 3, 2015

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on work at TeleTech! We are likewise loving your review and will keep in mind your advice about the training courses.

2. I liked it

Former Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in Struthers, OH
    Former Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in Struthers, OH

I worked at TeleTech part-time

Pros

I was employed by teletech as part time seasonal and became permanent partime. Love my coworkers and team lead. The team leads are so helpful and always there for you. There' room to expand in company as well. The job is really not that strict .

Cons

The pay is low and my schedule kept being changed.

Customer Service

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

Working from home Flexible Schedule Good Management

Cons

Working from home you have to ask questions in a chat room and when you have multiple people posting at the same time your question can get overlooked and you have to keep posting over and over until you get a response.. when your are on the line with a customer time is everything so that was a strain waiting for long periods to get the info you need to help out a customer.

Jul 30, 2015 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Tier-1 Representative

Current Employee - Tier I Representative in Uniontown, PA
    Current Employee - Tier I Representative in Uniontown, PA

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training program , however the schedule is set until you're on production. Even then there's certain schedules you have to choose from , but it gives you a little bit of freedom.

Cons

Constant calls , always have to follow the script given , and you cant deviate from it.

Advice to Management

Prepare representatives for all types of responses given by aggravated customers.

Jul 30, 2015 – Social Media Specialist

We appreciate your feedback. We'll be sure to include this in our monthly meeting.

Corporate HQ Roles

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The corporate HQ building is very nice with an on-site gym, health kiosk, cafeteria, and internal courtyard. Job flexibility was a huge perk – it was an 8-5 office job but management was okay with occasionally working from home (as long as that privilege didn’t get abused). My managers were usually appreciative for hard work and were liberal about complimenting on a job well done. Most corporate HQ employees complained about the bene’s, and while it’s true they weren’t super great, I thought they were satisfactory (pretty standard health, dental, vision plans… moderate 401k match.. paid time off which is accumulated and increases at a faster rate the longer you are employed). For the most part I didn't have to work on the weekends.

Cons

The salary was below the industry average across all departments, which paved the way for extremely high attrition because folks realized they could go down the street and make 20% more as soon as they got some experience under their belt. Seriously, the only way someone would get a raise or promotion in my department was when a more senior person would leave and then management would dump all of their old work on top of your current workload to fill the void... even then, pay increases were not proportional to the additional workload. Management tried to squeeze every bit of productivity out of each employee which often interfered with work/life balance - another factor of the high employee attrition.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs put their money where their mouth is and give raises/promotions that are equivalent or greater than other similar companies are offering in the Denver metro area. They talk a big game about employee retention but won't pony up the dough in the end. Without proactive changes, the company will continue to bleed good, talented employees who leave for better pay as soon as they pad their resume with TTEC experience.

Not a bad place to work

I worked at TeleTech full-time

Pros

Good opportunity to work a full time job. Good support from the trainers and team leaders. Will work with you on availability and if time off is needed as long as you follow the procedures. Nice facilities.

Cons

No opportunity to get a raise. The only was is the move up to a new position. There aren't many negatives as long as you are willing to come in and do the job that you have been hired to do.

Advice to Management

Offer a better salary after 90 day or even up to 1 year. Nine dollars an hour is not enough for someone to support themselves, even at an entry level position.

Jul 30, 2015 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the 5 stars! We want to be as competitive as possible with regards to salary so your feedback is important to us.

Training is bad, working is good!

Former Employee - Intuit Technical Support Agent in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Intuit Technical Support Agent in Tucson, AZ

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

-Lots of hours -Lots of resources for solving problems -Lots of perks (wellness, tickets, discounts, giftcards for high metrics) -Easy-to-use debit card provided for paychecks -Easy to connect with other employees if you are lost, or for moral support -Wonderful team leads who worked together to support each other -Work-at-home!

Cons

-TERRIBLE training -Trainers do not have "sensitivity training", say some terrible things to minority and LGBTQ -System to log into the virtual desktop either worked great, or not at all -Trainers gave you resources, and just said "use them" did not give examples or show us more efficient ways to use it -Say they have more employment available, but if you apply before you are done with your contract, and they contact you after, you have no way to access the system to take assessments

Advice to Management

Audit your trainers better!

Jul 30, 2015 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for your input! We'll check on our trainer evaluation and see where else we can improve.

Operation Supervisor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

Great bunch of people to work with and for. Flexible with home / work life situations.

Cons

Internal Policies were not always enforced by everyone in upper management - The good ole boy network was the only way of advancing

Advice to Management

Hold project mangers feet to the fire - don' t put buddies into positions that they can not do.

Jul 20, 2015 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for sharing your review! We will include your feedback in our monthly report to management.

10. Good place to work

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

Advancement opportunities. Good compensation. Good management

Cons

Rude callers. Nothing other than that

Jul 20, 2015 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the positive write up! :) Have a great day!

Great place to work

I have been working at TeleTech full-time

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Friendly environment with a extensive training program. Great entry level customer service call center.

Cons

Low starting pay. Difficult interactions with customers. Long days. Difficult hours. Low tolerance for absence. Slow advancement. Shared desks with other employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to appreciate employees and a treat all with equal respect. Maintain a positive attitude with all employees. Maintain a good relationship with employees. Be more realistic about fast advancement.

RSS Feed </> Embed