TeleTech Reviews

Updated October 29, 2014
2.8

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic (in 71 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you (in 12 reviews)

• I get it that this is a call center but other places treat you better (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Managers are very helpful. Tons of people online to help you if you need help.

Cons

Having a set shift schedule.

Had an amazing trainer

Former Employee - TSR in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - TSR in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working from home was a very awesome part of the job. The compensation was okay!

Cons

Even with all the training provided you still feel a little overwhelmed with your calls.

None at this time

Frustrating company to work for, but overall not too bad of an experience

Former Employee - Desktop Support Associate Technology in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Associate Technology in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced team environment. Very good benefits package and decent perks. Fun team atmosphere when working at the corporate versus agent level.

Cons

IT department is seriously understaffed for some North American sites. NA IT staff expected to provide same level of support with 2 members as a 5 member team at other locations. Human Capital department fails to recognize and address multiple issues within workplace staffing. Company offers competitive salaries when hiring externally, but caps on internal promotion salary increases leave promoted employees being paid far less than external new hires to the same position that have far less experience.

Management needs to learn to appreciate all staff equally, and to work with individual groups to better recognize key employee contributions to the corporation as a whole, especially in North American sites.

Oct 28, 2014Director, Talent Acquisition Marketing

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts, we'll address this to management and review what we could do to make it better.

CSR

I worked at TeleTech full-time

Pros

a lot of career growth

Cons

have a great time working here.. nothing bad to say.

Springfield MSR

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People were good to work with. Got a check every two weeks.

Cons

Required a lot of sucking up to get promoted. People quit all the time. I worked 10 different shifts in a year. Canceled my insurance because I didn't "tell them I still wanted it".

Incredible! Best people to work for.

Current Employee - Telesales Agent in Sherwood, AR
    Current Employee - Telesales Agent in Sherwood, AR

I have been working at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

For full time employees the benefits are really good. They offer a 401k to seasonal employees as well as full time. The staff and management are some of the best I've ever worked with. Always positive and willing to help you anytime. The compensation is also very good and they promote from within. A real plus I would say

Cons

Training is the best bar none. Time-off they work with you to make sure you have what you need and the leadership well I just can't say enough about TeleTech and the was they treat their employees. I love this company and I love my new career with them.

Compared to other positions I have held the management is the best I have ever encountered. Always willing to listen and if you have a problem they work with you to get it resolved.

Oct 28, 2014Director, Talent Acquisition Marketing

Hi there! Thanks for the review and it's great to hear that your having a great time here at TeleTech. We're glad that you're here as well, and we'll continuously make efforts to make your experience ... More

Working at Teletech

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniontown, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniontown, PA

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been with TeleTech for 3 months already and the experience I have so far has been terrific! Hiring process was very fast and convenient, training was loads of fun and I got to meet new friends. During the nesting bay period supervisors were helpful and provided sound support. Has great pay and incentives.

Cons

Doesn't really have a lot of advancement opportunities because some of my co-workers have been working here for a year or two and they have voiced out that they wanted to move up but they still were not given.

Prioritize letting your employees know that you value them and that they are an asset to the company.

Great place to grow

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities, great people to work with. Fun environment. Can be flexible with schedules. Nice bonus structure.

Cons

No merit pay increases. It's a large company, so there's a lot of policies and procedures that come down the pipes to keep up with.

Fun and room to grow!

Current Employee - Trainer in Ennis, TX
    Current Employee - Trainer in Ennis, TX

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

For the local area, the salary is competitive. The training is intense and demanding for the contract I work, but you are put out on the production floor confident and ready to take your first call. There is an opportunity for advancement, and for personal growth. There are classes to take to improve your skills. The seasonal advancement program is outstanding!

Cons

The medical benefits are decent, but not great. There are not a lot of perks to working here, in the form of discounts etc. It is a call center, and with that comes call center drama.

A few perks would be nice. Free coffee maybe? Discounts at local businesses etc.

Oct 28, 2014Director, Talent Acquisition Marketing

Hey there! Thanks for your feedback and we'll definitely consider what you're suggesting and see what we're able to do from there.

A worldwide organization with the resources to meet client needs.

Current Employee - Team Lead in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a group of dedicated professionals working here. Of the centers working on the same project this one is a leader due in a large part to the quality of the staff. The leadership have a can-do attitude and make things happen. If you follow the policies then time off is pretty good; the benefits package is good.
    I really like that it is a global company--so our support staff work remotely to accomplish our tasks.
    There are great learning and development opportunities. Plenty of advancement opportunities as well.

Cons

This is a new center with not much TeleTech experience. The center does not always draw upon the resources of the global organization. Adjusting to working with remote support staff is difficult. I would like to see more communication from the leadership. I also think we are understaffed administratively--need more people supporting those on the phones.

There are some excellent position titles available throughout the organization, but I never see them posted. It would be nice if there were clear career paths toward some of those opportunities.
    The new values are great but the rollout is being pushed a bit hard--if these were really our values then it would be more natural.

Oct 28, 2014Director, Talent Acquisition Marketing

Hello! Thanks for your feedback, this really helps us find out what we can do better. We'll look into what you're suggesting and see what we're able to do.