TeleTech Reviews

Reset
2.8
TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Legitimate work from home positions (in 80 reviews)

• Great work environment and office culture (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • A complete lack of work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• I get it that this is a call center but other places treat you better (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Absolutely love my job, life changing experience, comfortable environment.

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned every day obstacles to apply to my career as well as my personal life. I truly feel like I belong here, the environment is comfortable and pleasing. My supervisors and coworkers are wonderful. You really have to apply yourself to this position but it is all well worth it and the outcome is the best reward.

Cons

The uncertainty of having a permanent status of our employment was the only downfall, but if you truly apply yourself and have a passion for this job then there are absolutely no worries.

Advice to Management

Possibly more thorough and hands-on learning applied during the 6 week training course but I'm sure new methods will take place next hiring season.

Jun 3, 2015

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on work at TeleTech! We are likewise loving your review and will keep in mind your advice about the training courses.

It's work

I have been working at TeleTech part-time

Pros

You can work from home

Cons

The shifts are never the same

Advice to Management

Be consistent and treat employees like you'd want to be treated

3. CSR I/II Chat Coach Supervisor

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I/II Chat Coach Supervisor in Hermansville, MI

I worked at TeleTech (More than 8 years)

Pros

Plenty of people to talk with threw chat, try to work around your schedule,

Cons

no raises u get one raise as to starting your job, client's updating system are always hectic and cause system issues and down time is not paid for seems to be your fault all the time for the system issue, chat coaches all need to be on same level and not give 10 diff answers most are wrong answers, training needs to be more addressed longer for your new employees to know there system or slowed down its gone way down for employees not knowing if there properly doing things correct or not or disp to wrong area or not even disp when should be, we should try to get calls handled in one call not repeated calls

Advice to Management

longer training , engage with there employees again have the team meetings or one on ones these, encourgement, raises or some incentives not contests and raffles,have a tech day prior to training to make sure everyone system is working properly, give people there senority if they have been there longer not go off of just stats.

TeleTech

Current Employee - Blue Cross and Blue Shield Member Services in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Blue Cross and Blue Shield Member Services in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at TeleTech (Less than a year)

Pros

They will work with your schedule and give you the hours you want. The pay is 10/an hour., and it is a family based atmosphere! The management people are very nice and they wont ever get unprofessional with you!

Cons

If you're looking for a pay raise TeleTech is not the place for that. The company is based on a contract and if they raise it they will raise everyone's pay. Overload of work. They treat you based on a number, and if you don't have the numbers they need, expect to be walked out the door.

6. loved this job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Buford, GA

Pros

This was a great job. Wknds off. Day shift, line of business ended or I would still be there

Cons

Loss of line of business

Advice to Management

Give periodic raises

7. Quaity Assurance position was great, i was monitoring calls and coaching. I like this company!!!

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in New York, NY

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

Schedule changes can be a hassle.

Tech support issues

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, PA

I worked at TeleTech part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on which project you get assigned to depends on the outcome. I've worked on 3 different projects. They all start out great then they make big changes to policies that are hard to obtain.

Cons

Anytime you have a tech issue. They are going to blame on you. Their tech support department is a joke.

Aug 18, 2015 – Social Media Specialist

We'll definitely look into this. Thank you for your feedback.

My Experience Working Here.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good starting pay, over time available, steady work. You learn useful computer skills and gain product knowledge. Also, the job can be very interesting and challenging when helping customers. Training and coaches were very positive and I had a very good experience working with them.

Cons

Can be very mentally exhausting taking calls back to back. Navigation can be difficult when looking for correct procedure paths to follow. Often path instructions can be confusing to execute. Too much information to learn in a short period of time. Talk time is difficult to meet especially when you have to research and explain details to customers especially when they have many questions.

Advice to Management

More realistic hands on training for paths and how to execute processes correctly. Focus on call flow scripting the first three weeks of training so there will be no issue when taking calls. Better training on how to explain realistic account problems to customers to save time.

Aug 17, 2015 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the 5 stars! Your inputs will be valuable as we continue to improve our on board training.

10. High Quality Leadership & Great Career Expansion Potential

Current Employee - Trainer in Paducah, KY
    Current Employee - Trainer in Paducah, KY

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TeleTech's leadership and employees truly adhere to the company's mission, vision, and values! We have a phenomenal culture and caring environment--and for that I am thankful!

Cons

Honestly, there are not any downfalls that I can pin point in terms of working for TeleTech. How could anyone complain about having a comfortable and caring environment where ZERO hard labor is required!

Advice to Management

Continue to Encourage the Behavior You Want! It really works! :)

Aug 20, 2015 – Social Media Specialist

We are delighted that you're having a grand time working at TeleTech! It's employees like you that make us want to do more and keep improving. Thank you for the review!

Your Basic Call-Center

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for the area (depending on which project you are on) Benefits are above average for the industry Co-workers seem to be decent people

Cons

Constantly changing schedules Forced unpaid time off if call volume is low Scheduling PTO can be near to impossible Promotions are near non-existent if you are not part of the "in" crowd Promotions carry a MAXIMUM percentage raise, so even if you are promoted you may be making a lot less money than someone who was hired in at that job level

Advice to Management

Understand that while business needs change (in terms of call-volume and coverage needs) that not everyone LIKES working until midnight. Instead of making everyone re-bid shifts, try to cover those changes with VOLUNTEERS before forcing people into those schedules.

Aug 18, 2015 – Social Media Specialist

We appreciate your feedback. We'll include your suggestions in our report and take a look how else we can improve scheduling of shifts.

RSS Feed </> Embed