TeleTech

Updated November 20, 2014
2.9

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic (in 71 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you (in 12 reviews)

• I get it that this is a call center but other places treat you better (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

Okay, but not as adverstised

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Paducah, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Paducah, KY

I worked at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

For starting in a customer service position with no prior education or experience required, the pay and benefits are satisfactory. There are opportunities for advancement if you put forth the effort.

Cons

No regular pay rate reviews, so no real opportunity for pay growth outside of promotion. There is a great deal of expertise required, and no matter how much training they attempt to provide it likely won't be enough for you to meet many of your customer's needs, as so many things are outside of your control. The schedule changes can be a nightmare.

Ok to work if your trying to progress in your life

Current Employee - TeleTech Agent in Uniontown, PA
    Current Employee - TeleTech Agent in Uniontown, PA

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They will help pay college tution, an they have benefits

Cons

There are unorganized and hire an fire employees every month

Get organized, get more floor managers

Hoping to find another job before training is over.

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Income to tide one over although it is very low.

Cons

Very disorganized hiring. Hired and given a letter of intent for a position and was never informed why that position was suddenly 'no longer available'. Then was informed hired for another position that is not ideal and am fervently hoping to find another position soon. Training is very disorganized. First full week there was no computer connection in our training room and we just sat there and looked at each other. There is too much down time between learning modules and an expectation to learn most of what is needed to know by the seat of our pants once we are on the floor. The number of systems expected to seamlessly use while handling a call within 7 mins is near impossible without seeming rude by rushing the caller off the phone. Performed a similar position with another company and was paid over $20 per hour. The $9.50 per hour for the same work is a joke. Would be able to make more working directly for 'the client' if one lived closer to their location.

None. They will continue to do what they want without regard to what the workers think or believe.

customer service respresentative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at TeleTech part-time (more than an year)

Pros

i like the work from home opportunity

Cons

hard for advancement, metrics system (AHT time/score)

needs more help

Teletech that most average job you'll ever have.

Current Employee - Credit Card Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Credit Card Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are some good incentives and benefits. Potential bonuses that can add up if you are really good at your job. Benefits are pretty good, but I recently discovered the federal government classifies the health insurance as "unaffordable" because it is above 9.5% of what they pay.

Cons

Unfortunately, the incentives, bonuses and benefits don't add up to a career. The hourly wage caps at $10/hr. Wal-Mart is better than that. This is the only job I've been in that criticizes and punishes

Focus more on retention and less on recruitment. Pay a living wage and you wouldn't have to constantly hire people. Relax on the break times.

Frustrating company to work for, but overall not too bad of an experience

Former Employee - Desktop Support Associate Technology in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Associate Technology in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced team environment. Very good benefits package and decent perks. Fun team atmosphere when working at the corporate versus agent level.

Cons

IT department is seriously understaffed for some North American sites. NA IT staff expected to provide same level of support with 2 members as a 5 member team at other locations. Human Capital department fails to recognize and address multiple issues within workplace staffing. Company offers competitive salaries when hiring externally, but caps on internal promotion salary increases leave promoted employees being paid far less than external new hires to the same position that have far less experience.

Management needs to learn to appreciate all staff equally, and to work with individual groups to better recognize key employee contributions to the corporation as a whole, especially in North American sites.

TeleTech Response

Oct 28, 2014Director, Talent Acquisition Marketing

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts, we'll address this to management and review what we could do to make it better.

Springfield MSR

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People were good to work with. Got a check every two weeks.

Cons

Required a lot of sucking up to get promoted. People quit all the time. I worked 10 different shifts in a year. Canceled my insurance because I didn't "tell them I still wanted it".

TeleTech Review

Former Employee - IT Senior Manager in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - IT Senior Manager in Englewood, CO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really good communication between all levels. There are a lot of intelligent people who are good at what they do.

Cons

Too much disruptive change. If you can adapt to all the changes and lay-offs then this is a good place to work.

Work on the mentoring program and facilitate knowledge sharing across all organizations.

CSR

I worked at TeleTech full-time

Pros

a lot of career growth

Cons

have a great time working here.. nothing bad to say.

Very disappointed

Current Employee - At Home Cust Service Representative
    Current Employee - At Home Cust Service Representative

I have been working at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work from home, no traveling

Cons

I was hired as a p/t customer svc rep for the holidays. I was originally told that I would be working 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. After being hired and going through training(not really training for the job, just setting up the computer), I was scheduled to work just 9 hours a week. After working just 1 hour, I was told that it was slow to punch out. I worked a total of 15 hours in my first two weeks of work. They are promising me that it will pick up. I would have found a different job if they were honest about the hours in the first place.

Be honest with the employees about the work hours.