www.teletech.com

Updated December 19, 2014
2.8

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • I guess I can say that they offer a legit work from home program (in 80 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you (in 12 reviews)

• I get it that this is a call center but other places treat you better (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

Im currently working for TeleTech at home

Current Employee - Best Buy Sale Agent in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Best Buy Sale Agent in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They talk a good game, lol.... Here's the skinny on Teletech@ home customer service positions. the hiring process takes about a month in total before you start working but it's a very easy process.

Cons

The trouble starts when you start training. The training last for about 4 weeks, at least that's what we were told in our phone orientation. The training is done over the phone and in a virtual training room online. To say that training was a hot mess would be an understatement. There were 40 new hires and one trainer who had been in her training position for only one week, we were her first class. After the first week she was booted as our trainer. Go figure. Ok so now we are on week two new trainer and all things get even crazier. we were not trained well, just givin a bunch of information and let loose to figure things out on our own which was very scary. you are told that you are hired for the home appliance department only to find out about a week before you are set to take calls that you have been switched over to "PRODUCT SALES". yup that's right SALES. I was thinking as was all the others in my class ----> when were we trained for Sales? To top it all off you have a survey , a paperless tracker and complete noting after each call. You also have to fill out an EOS End Of Shift report every day after your shift. everyday you get emails about new task you have to do. and remember this is all for 9 bucks an hour. they say you will get 38 hours a week --YEAH RIGHT try 17-21. Training was the most stable shifts we had. After training your on you own pal... This job is so scary. They have what called MTO which is Mandatory Time Off that means at anytime its slow they can boot you from work and trust me they do this every single day. So your sitting there like OMG please don't let them kick me off. Im currently looking for another job so that I can tell Teletech to kiss my big fat ***.
    BTW did I mention you have over 10 systems you have to log into daily?

you guys are gonna lose that huge Best Buy account if you DO NOT TRAIN your new hires properly. care more about people who work for your company. pay people for the work they do..... this could be such a good thing but its ran slooooooopy....

very good job

Former Employee - @Home Agent in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - @Home Agent in Dallas, TX

I worked at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like working from home

Cons

there is no disadvantages at teletech

soft ware needs updating

Good learning experience, but...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to learn & grow
    Good co-workers
    Decent management, if you're in the right group

Cons

Constant sense of uncertainty about what's on the horizon
    Company continuously implements new policies that make you question their commitment to employees

Get rid of stack ranking. It didn't work for Microsoft & most likely won't be beneficial in the long term for TeleTech either. It's a horrible way to manage professionals.

Terrible work environment, loud, terrible training, revolving door of miserable people

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

While you will have more self respect selling bj's behind the truck stop, putting Teletech on a resume is probably an easier way to account for your time. Though I recommend still selling the BJ's on the side just so you can respect yourself and actually earn enough to live.

Cons

It is a terrible, soul sucking call center environment. One of those places that has a "career fair" every day and a constant training class to make up for the people who leave. Anyone who can last 3 months is made a supervisor, which probably explains why there are so many terrible managers in the world. They are emotionally numb enough to last 3 months and then can forever put supervisor or manager on a resume. At any rate, this really is a con because lasting 3 months is not easy and the people promoted are not professional or well versed in management. They have their "Mini MBA" program which is an insult to even an online, unaccredited, life experience based MBA. The call center is LOUD as agents sit in long rows close together. There is no personal space and many seats are shared across shifts. Their "no calling in sick" policy pretty much guarantees that any unholy disease going around will be caught by you too. Especially if your desk mate is the one sick. While on calls, callers can hear coworkers loudly talking about gang and drug culture in the background and cussing. There is nothing good about working at this place. Even the pay check is dismal.

Study call centers that are not horrible and try to emulate them more.

Great Company to work for!!

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good starter job to get the ball rolling. Flexible schedules, especial when in school, Tuition reimbursement up to 2000.00 (1000.00/yr.), if you can commit yourself for a year or more. If you perform well and stay at the top of your game, you can go anywhere within the company.

Cons

Corporate Politics, don't pay as well as they should. tools used to perform your job perform well, but could use some major improvements.

listen to your employees more. take better care of your tenured agents

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at TeleTech as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Netural about all areas (you have your good days, you have your bad).

Cons

I can not think of any cons

Favorism. Lorain , OHIO CallCenter site

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in South Lorain, OH
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in South Lorain, OH

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gaining experience as a call center agent. Temporary job while waiting for other oppurtunity. Teletech has good trainers. Managers have too many stressful job

Cons

I will list the most obvious in Teletech itself as an organisation.

1) Immaturity among the younger agents. 2) Majority of Supervisor very immature and rude. They have no respect for the older employees. 3) Getting too involved with other employees 4) Extremely dirty working place. Carpets and Seats are nasty. ( would have called the health inspector )
    5) Favorism. 6) Its more of a highschool atmosphere. 7) No RAISE!!!

Management needs to filter the right individual that has the qualification and the drive to get the job done.

Taxing, but not over-come-able.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is on time, co-workers and team leaders are friendly.

Cons

Tech issues, be prepared to think outside the box. Did not receive a job offer for what I applied for but I took it because 'it was an offer' that I did not have elsewhere! This my be a problem with teletechjobs.com posting more jobs then job seeker is applying for and automatically routing them to recruiters.

Match people to what they are suited for better. Even if you have to move them to another dept., why lose what you already have.

Needs better training

Current Employee - Seasonal Call Center Operator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Seasonal Call Center Operator in New York, NY

I have been working at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to work from home, in your pj's if you want to. Easy job, answer phone explain items to customers. Pay. Is decent and no commute

Cons

Training is chaotic they switched our trainers and each one teaches different so it is very confusing. When you try and get an answer nobody knows or you get 3 different answers.

Streamline training

One of the best call centers to work for.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greeley, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greeley, CO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great support system. They really care that you are getting what you need to perform your very best. Also, they do not force you to take angry calls. They do not care about call length, but rather that you are taking care of the client's customers. And, at my site, they do not make outbound calls.

Cons

It's a call center. You will deal with people who are having bad days. But, you will also get plenty of calls that are good. And, for the most part, the people who call in appreciate good service.