TeleTech Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

I worked there for 3 months.

I worked at TeleTech full-time

Pros

Nice coworkers. Enthusiastic. Lots of training, Lots of information. They make sure you know the company's history. Nesting period in which experienced and helpful employees help you transition into being on the phones.

Cons

I had two trainers. One was super into her job. The other didn't even work in credit cards, where I was supposed to work. He was in debit cards. You spend lots of time training, but I didn't feel like I'd learned anything useful to the point I didn't even finish training. High turn over. Where you sit could change everyday.

Only if you're desperate or looking for short term holiday or emergency money do you come to Teletech. Not worth it

Former Employee - Team Lead in West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - Team Lead in West Valley City, UT

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. You get to work from the comfort of your home. 2. It really is easy work for those looking to supplement their income.

Cons

1. Don't make this your primary... depending on the dept, the hours are not always stable (such as Sales) 2. Pay scale, I've seen agents who haven't received a raise in months and 1 in over a yr since being brought on part time 3. During Ramp, they take agents (most who haven't been w/ the company long enough to know the better part of policy / procedures) and turn them into trainers... So beware if : *You come in and your trainer doesn't know what they are doing, or have never trained for your dept and sound like they are reading from Cue cards. * If you find you are w/ tech support more than you are in training class.. 4. Favoritism / Shift Differential --- you will find those that suck up to TL's or managers get better shift hours, and when hired either perm or seasonal. you are always promised the hours you asked for during the interview and when you get to live production you never get it............. Why you ask? they just need Bodies during high call volume & holiday seasons.... Be prepared to ask other agents if you can switch shifts.. TLs won't help you in this no matter how much you complain

Advice to Management

Get better working equipments for your TL's Stop the favoritism when it comes to who gets higher positions. hard work, metrics & knowing the business should be all you look at. Not who kisses your butt better. Treat your workers better and Sales OM, you won't have a high attrition rate like you did Ramp season of 2013. In general treat your workers like PEOPLE, not bodies or cash cows.

Many Pro's and Many Con's

Current Employee - Customer Service in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly Staff Environment better then fast food pay good for right out of high school students

Cons

cons - The First Place To Start Is The Pay, Its A Joke. benefits - Eat Up Your PayChecks!!! scheduling - Unfair Along With Stack Rankings For Bids soft wear - Out Of Date By A Long Shot turnover rates - Next To None The Highest Ever Seen Many More Things.

Advice to Management

If you are wanting to keep any new hires along with keeping the tenured agents there really has to be something done about the pay, some families that surround me struggle to survive, and this place is only tearing them apart

Great people, low salary

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Local management great.

Cons

works shifts can change constantly. Pay is stagnant. Opportunities for advance slow or not at all

Advice to Management

Global management needs to share more that is going on with local management and empolyees

6. Lack of strategy, lack of concern for employees

I worked at TeleTech full-time

Pros

covered parking and quarterly employee events

Cons

leadership are so involved in themselves that they forget they only exist because of the employees. they keep moving jobs abroad because they want cheaper labor, however the results are not worth the savings. the company is very well known for how they treat people and their lack of strategy. it's a revolving door!

Advice to Management

it's time to bring in a fresh senior team and it needs to start at the top.

Decent place to start, but I wouldn't plan a career with this company.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech (More than a year)

Pros

Decent break room amenities including ping-pong, computer lab, video game room, and tv lounge. Pay is stable, and there are usually opportunities for overtime shifts if you need extra cash. Training and coaching is adequate preparation for the actual job. There are some opportunities for bonuses as well.

Cons

Getting time off can be a bit of a hassle. It's very difficult to advance as many people will try to apply for internal positions. The company's health plans are very expensive compared to what is covered and is generally only affordable to those who have a significant other that works another job. Bathroom breaks come out of your alloted break time.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your employees. Add more performance based incentives and bonuses. Increase pay cap and award raises to exceptional employees and supervisors. Offer more opportunities for exceptional agents to learn skills that would allow them to adapt to QA and supervisor roles.

8. Previous Employee

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very fast paced and ever-changing. Mid level management was wonderful.

Cons

I left due to upper management not appreciating employees and all the hard work that was put in. Compensation increases were not happening unless you were upper management!

All We Care About is Dollars

Former Employee - CSR2 in Kalispell, MT
    Former Employee - CSR2 in Kalispell, MT

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There isn't really any good reason to work for this company that I can think of. The only real reason I can see any one would want to work there is because they are desperate for a job. I guess that is a pro. They give jobs to people who are desperate.

Cons

Management all have inflated egos and its kinda like trying to break into the good ol' boys club. Very little room for advancement. Employees are expected to be like sheep conforming to some managers wishes. Any type of constructive criticism is looked at as a threat and employees who come up with new ideas are put in their place accordingly. Its like telling a child "because I said so" instead of teaching the child why they should not do whatever it is they are doing. Constantly lost in the shuffle and then being treated like a less than adequate employee. Horrible place to work.

Advice to Management

Resign. Start over with new management who aren't on their power hungry trip.

It's the 21st Century version of factory work.

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None really other than PTO

Cons

Low wages, political high school drama, and really no true advancement.

Advice to Management

Hire people that half way know what they're doing and raises would be nice maybe your turnover wouldn't be so high.

11. Interesting Place to work

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

Can work anywhere in the world

Cons

Communication is not that great. Employees don't always know or understand the full picture but it depends on the project and location.

Advice to Management

Keep employees in the loop with weekly meetings or email updates

RSS Feed </> Embed