TeleTech Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
2.8

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic (in 66 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you (in 11 reviews)

• Hectic call center with eight hours of back to back calls with minimal breaks and scripted metrics (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

A ton of learning opportunities.

Current Employee - Internal Communication Specialist  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Internal Communication Specialist in Englewood, CO

I have been working at TeleTech

Pros

Fast paced - which means the day goes by quickly, you never look at a clock and groan like at other places. Also, you usually have a great sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.

They give you the tools you need to get your job done (if something isn't working they are prompt to replace it/fix the problem)

Great employee engagement activities

Good benefits

Cons

Stress - the fast-paced style means that you will likely get stressed and it will take you a while until you feel completely competent. But, that's better than the alternative...

some execs could put in more face time, but, others are almost ever-present and accessible

Over all it was a fun place to work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Kalispell, MT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kalispell, MT

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

Fun team atmosphere, good training, great communication from all departments.

Cons

Time off was difficult to obtain, metrics where unrealistic.

Work more with your employees on sick time. Metrics need to be realistic.

If you like a challenging and rewarding career, TeleTech is the place for you!

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at TeleTech

Pros

At TeleTech, I've had the opportunity to work with people across the globe, and we have access to the appropriate resources to communicate effectively in a global company. In my job, I feel empowered to make decisions that will positively impact the business.

Cons

The only opportunity for improvement I see would be for our executives to communicate with the rest of the employees frequently about how the company is performing and what the priorities are at the moment.

To Mr. Ken Tuchman and his direct team, I recommend that you become more visible among us and give us an insight into your leadership and the direction of the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great employees to work with

Former Employee - Customer Care and Sales  in  Amherst, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Care and Sales in Amherst, OH

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

good pay,bennifits, bonuses, over time

Cons

high turn over rate, buddy buddy system to get up on the ladder

The company will intentionally deceive you about your pay and benefits.

Current Employee - Account Manager Google Adwords  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager Google Adwords in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at TeleTech

Pros

Gaining knowledge about the Google Adwords system

Cons

Commission threshold was raises by over 100% in 6 months. Which means your workload doubled for half the money. Every time the quota was raised we were given a reason why which would either make no sense at all or be clearly designed to deceive you. We were also assured that the quota would be coming down soon only for it to be raised significantly. During the interview process I was told the the average representative makes around 50k a year only to discover once hitting the floor that the base pay was 26k and the average rep made closer to 30k. Employees are treated as expendable and bad behavior is rewarded. This company suffers from an appalling lack of morality and if you are considering working at Direct Alliance or Teletech ......RUN AWAY.

If you insist upon cutting pay for your employees on a consistent basis be honest from the get go on what you should expect. You are running a scam in which your company clients have no knowledge and you do it on the backs of your employees.

Build Your Experience and Move On

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

opportunity to learn
    chance to work with talented people -- before they leave
    exposure to businesses and industry
    global travel and exposure opportunity

Cons

nothing is ever good enough for senior management
    unrealistic expectations
    senior leaders are not nearly as good as they think they are - and they often act out of personal spite
    it is a culture of divide employees against each other

An amazing long-term career at a company which shares my values and passion.

I have been working at TeleTech

Pros

Working at TeleTech means working for a multi-national company with global opportunity. The fact TeleTech has remained innovative and retained their entrepreneurial spirit while growing into the BPO leader they are today ignites my passions to make a difference within the business and the communities where we do business. TeleTech is aligned with my passions and we share common values.

Cons

TeleTech is not for those who want a mundane or monotonous job. Even in front-line positions, where policies and procedures are well defined, there will always been unexpected challenges requiring a creative mind and a desire to help.

Great experience, but it will burn you out!

I have been working at TeleTech

Pros

-great hands-on experience that will really make you a more valuable employee - here or somewhere else
    -recognition of a job well done
    -bonuses, albeit very small ones
    -the ability to work from home occasionally
    -great corporate HQ facility, including underground parking, on-site gym, on-site cafeteria, etc.
    -they do make an effort to host additional fun extracurricular activities
    -they seem committed to employee wellness, although the level of stress may undermine those wellness activities...

Cons

-the company strategy is in a constant state of change, so you are constantly in fire drill mode - you work incredibly hard to get a project implemented, only to have upper management change their direction within a couple of weeks, forcing you to take on the next fire drill
    -communication from upper management is abysmal - layoffs were made recently and the only communication was by rumor and word of mouth - no official company announcement before it happened or acknowledgement after the fact
    -the compensation strategy is to hire employees in at the bottom quartile of pay, although if you work hard and you have a good manager, they do make an effort to bring your salary up to a more competitive rate...after a year or so

TeleTech could go a long way by improving their communication of important issues. It would be easier to retain good employees if you compensated them more competitively and didn't try so hard to burn them out.

Challenging place to work

I have been working at TeleTech

Pros

1 flexible work hours, ability to work from home
    2 great people
    3 parking garage
    4 good looking women lol
    5 a place that promotes wellness
    6 if you want to learn, this is the place

Cons

1 lots of turnover
    2 lower than avg pay
    3 health benefits could be better

From the short time that I have been here, I have seen a lot of turnover. 99% of the time it is regarding pay. You would think mgmt would know by now. Many who left found great pay elsewhere.

Ship without a sale

Former Employee - Customer Survice Representative  in  Uniontown, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Survice Representative in Uniontown, PA

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

comparable salary with other call centers

Cons

Depending on th project or pod you are in the management can be totally disinterested in what a new employee is doing to just absent. Any real caring for new employees might exist but is not the norm by any means

Do not promote based on attendence.
    When one is "nesting' have someone actually there if the need help, at the moment... Not when some gets a *chance8 after the customer has been on the phone so long that he in incohertly livid.

Worked for TeleTech? Contribute to the Community!