TeleTech

Updated January 28, 2015
2.8

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • I guess I can say that they offer a legit work from home program (in 80 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you (in 12 reviews)

• I get it that this is a call center but other places treat you better (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

VP Sales Engineering

Former Employee - Vice President Sales Engineering in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales Engineering in Englewood, CO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great employees - friends. Always on the leading edge of technology. Great locations!

Cons

Hard environment to work in - very demanding.

About as bad as it can get in America.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I got breaks sometimes, so that is good I guess.

Cons

Job is based on metrics, so no matter what happens if the numbers are low you will get fired. Additionally performance reviews are based on a randomly chosen call, so if they pick one bad call of out of 10 good ones you will be put on notice. Jobs were interviewed as customer assistance but when you get to training you are told the job is a sales position and if you do not make your quota you will get fired. Any type of raise, compensations, or advancement is based on your metrics. Typically if you sold 100 items in a month that were $5 but another guy sold 1 item for $1,000 he would have a higher metric and be deemed a better employee. Breaks are given (only out of requirement by the Better Business Bureau). Breaks times are strictly enforced and assigned to you. I was given two 15s and 30 minute lunch. Hours were from 8-5 and my first break was a 8:30, lunch at 10, second break, 12:30. If you were not back at your desk the second it hits that time you would have a manager hunting you down, even if you are in the bathroom. Additionally, they are open all holidays, and while you can be off for Christmas you are strongly encouraged to come in. Team managers are rude and inconsiderate to employees. Literally was reprimanded because I was throwing up and went home, with approval by another team leader. Had a meeting about how, I need to be at my station and push through it even if I am throwing up everywhere. Needless to say I worked there for a few months. I would rather work at McDonald's then be at this place again.

Respect.

Teletech is probably the best place to work in Springfield (for an hourly wage that is)

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The building is really nice with in-house restaurant, computer cafe and even a gaming room. The staff is professional and courteous, organized and ready to help. You can expect job stability and great training, and there is no pressure to sell anything with the USAA campaign. There is a flex pay program that allows the people who are top performers (really just the people who work the most hours) to make extra money.

Cons

If you are late during training they really will write you up no matter what the reason was. The pay is not enough to live on.

Offer more incentives for the deposits people too. People won't perform as well as they are capable of unless you give them an incentive to do so. I think you would have more loyal employees if there were better incentives. The stack rankings can be a little unfair so a lot of time top agents aren't the ones getting the flex pay

Great people with a strong customer focus

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Interesting work and a broad mix of clients

Cons

Not all support departments were as advanced/well-managed as others.

Work on refining marketplace differientators and pricing strategies

Overall the company is ok

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

wellness program, some recognition for employees, activities

Cons

must be in top tier to get any type of bonus
    never sure about when there will be cutbacks

Great coworkers. Job can be stressful

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Lorain, OH
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Lorain, OH

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great. There is a real family atmosphere here. Everyone is close and friendly. There is always someone there to vent to and someone who will listen to your problems. There is a great amount of moral support. Your coworkers are there for you and will often go out of their way to give you a helping hand.

Hours are pretty good. You work five days a week with two days off, with the oppurtunity to work foir days a week with a ten hour shift.

Training was paid. Easiest money ever.

Great experience especially if you want to work in the IT field later on.

Great supervisors. Some of them don't breathe down your neck and give you breathing room, including mine. They're willing to work with you and coach you to do better if you are struggling.

Opportunities for advancement, though you don't get a pay raise if you are a "mini" supervisor.

Cons

Pay is every two weeks, and quite frankly we don't get paid as much as I think we should -- but it is relatively easy work.

Dealing with customers can be grating, mentally exhausting, and at the worst of times, completely infuriating.

System issues. We experience too many and are still expected to take calls. It is not fair to the customer, and embarrassing that we have to tell them that we, as a tech support rep, are experiencing system issues.

Policies are constantly changing and not exactly stable. What you could do one week, you probably can't the next.

Though the coworkers are great, rumors spread like wildfire. Office gossip is common.

Some projects don't have job security.

The job is repetitive. After a while it starts to wear you out. It is not for everyone.

Make the healthcare benefits more affordable. Address system issues and furthermore, listen to your employees and maybe there wouldn't be such a high turnover rate.

Supervisors not sympathetic at all

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The compensation was o k.

Cons

Supervisors not sympathetic. changing hours

Nice company but your schedule is on their terms

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Englewood, CO

I have been working at TeleTech part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Convenient to be at home. You can get time off easier than with other companies without being worried about when the last you asked for a day off.

Cons

There is a bid for schedules so you have to trade with other employees to get a schedule to your liking. The pay sucks but it's good choice for a part time job that you don't have to drive to.

Management are nice and helpful. I would like to know exactly what I did wrong on my performance card if dont get a perfect score.

work at teletech

Current Employee - Teletech @ Home
    Current Employee - Teletech @ Home

I have been working at TeleTech part-time (more than a year)

Pros

people that you work with are helpful, will assist you, you can ask for more or less hours as needed, competitive, bonuses are available

Cons

you must have internet 100% of the time, if its down then your scores go down.

i have had a great experience with teletech.

Great Place To Work

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

Pay is good. bonus better

Cons

None right now all is good

Keep doing what you are doing