TeleTech Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. please enter a short title

I have been working at TeleTech full-time

Pros

Ithere is never a dull moment, plenty of work and plenty of training opportunities

Cons

Formal, structured training is difficult to get, on the job is a given.

TeleTech Response

Jul 30, 2015 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your comments!

Teletech

I have been working at TeleTech full-time

Pros

Good pay. Very perceptive and friendly management team. Good benefits and paid time off.

Cons

Can sometimes get lost in the mix because there are so many employees there.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Englewood, CO

I have been working at TeleTech part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training Great working environment Wonderful co-worker

Cons

Hours aren't guaranteed Applications tend to go down while in production

Advice to Management

Provide more information on incentives such tuition reimbursements

5. Credit Card Specialist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Pros

It is an easy Job

Cons

Getting a good schedule depends on how good you are

Advice to Management

It is very difficult to advance

High stress blue cross and blue shield

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

Pros

Not much not mention I like the co-workers, well the ones that are left since many have been fired

Cons

No time for anything back to back phone calls, very stressful environment

Advice to Management

They need to consider that we are not machines sitting behind a desk, they also need to understand the stress we endure daily and should require all team leads to work one day per month on the phones

candid critique from an AMERICAN

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at TeleTech part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

About the only positive thing I can say about working for TeleTech is that it felt good to be able to help customers who called in and actually fix their problems, and have them express genuine gratitude for the assistance. Those occasional moments of appreciation were what kept me going.

Cons

I had the misfortune of being employed by TeleTech as a work-from-home phone agent, providing technical support for TurboTax customers. The job lasted 6 months, and the levels of utter cluelessness, mismanagement, and short-sighted incompetence were baffling. The stubborn reliance upon badly flawed software like SalesForce and IC-Client was extraordinary. Customer service would suffer greatly from daily glitches, while us phone reps would have to scramble to give customers excuses for whatever technical problem happened to come up that day. Calls were routinely dropped and customers hung up on when us employees attempted to transfer them to another department. Dealing with angry customers was a soul-sucking experience, which was made even worse by the fact that us employees felt powerless to do anything about it to actually effect change, our hands tied by the restrictive policies and multiple layers of "chain of command" at both TeleTech and Intuit (parent company of TurboTax). Most departments at TeleTech refuse to even take phone calls, instead choosing to hide behind their emails and only offer online or "chat" support, most notably the Human Resources dept. There was a ton of offshoring to foreign countries, along with indecipherable accents, badly-worded corporate communications riddled with typos and poor grammar, and a fundamental lack of understanding of US culture and communication styles. If you call up your local cable provider or credit card company, and are frustrated to get some clueless foreign rep stationed in whatever unknown country overseas, TeleTech is one of the driving forces behind that happening. Working at this job had all the frustration of the red-tape and hopeless bureaucracy of a government entity, and the mind-numbing inefficiency right along with it. The month of "virtual training" we had didn't prepare us at all for the "real world" day-to-day customer problems we would encounter, and getting paid less than $10/hour for all this was an insult. Just watch the movie "Idiocracy" for an idea of how this company operates: the ignorant arrogant over-reliance on automated systems and flawed software replacing the logic of actual people. Sad, really.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more than $10/hour for starters. Reexamine the hapless inflexible over-reliance on technology that doesn't work. Have higher standards for the glitchy 3rd-party software employees rely on to do their jobs.

Shady Management (T-Mobile)

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lorain, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lorain, OH

I worked at TeleTech (Less than a year)

Pros

Very simple job, decent commission for sales, offered 10 hour days without forcing overtime, overtime always available

Cons

Being forced to make sales attempts while customers are screaming at you, always on a timer, different rules for every employee, moldy food in vending machines, nasty floors, getting written up for not offering sales to customers who begin their call with "don't offer me a sale or I'll withdraw my service, supervisors write you up without ever informing you,

Csr agent

Pros

No gas no commute to work no clothing no babysitters from the comfort of your is a real company is a real company

Cons

Little to no training for the actual job you will be doing pay is the lowest of all call centers Tech issues even not on your end will be taken from your pay access to your computer all day remotely

Advice to Management

Increased pay for agents who have been there more than three years training pertaining to the specific job you're hired for

At Home Agent

Former Employee - At Home Cust Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - At Home Cust Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Very positive experience as a work at home agent. No traveling to work, no uniforms, flexible hours, great paid training.

Cons

No cons. The training is long but its paid

Inept

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniontown, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniontown, PA

I have been working at TeleTech (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people with their problems as sometimes rewarding.

Cons

Congenial work environment unless you've stepped on the wrong toes. Then they put you through hell. Managers do not have the temperament to be managers, and very few are knowledgeable. The pay is pretty low and the bonus system is rigged in favor of the chosen. Worst of all, we did not provide high-quality services. Part of it was because we were a third party. Other times, it was the company's fault. I don't know why a company would outsource to TeleTech, although I suspect locations other than mine provided somewhat better service, truth be told, most of the reps were mediocre at best and we had a reputation for being unfriendly.

Advice to Management

Raise pay and stop hiring friends, relatives, and fellow church-goers. And stop all the mindless scripting and focus on results. Let the agents do their jobs. And get out of Uniontown. The people are just weird; surely another location would be an improvement.

RSS Feed </> Embed