TeleTech

Updated August 20, 2014

2.8

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic (in 66 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you (in 11 reviews)

• Hectic call center with eight hours of back to back calls with minimal breaks and scripted metrics (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Seasonal work from home Employee

Former Employee - Post Purchase Support  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Post Purchase Support in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Save gas on commuting and ability to work from home

Cons

Trainers are unprofessional and unorganized. They teach you nothing because the training is total chaos, anything learned will be on job. Team leads change constantly and you receive no one on one assistance for team leads only emails and maybe a instant message. Numerous system issues that go unresolved and company has no solution other than to sit on hold waiting for ASD for 5 or more hours..literally! Compensation is extremely low with no hopes of a raise, but the work requirements and expectations for performance is high. There is no regard to employees need for hours, they use you when call volume is high and when call volume becomes slow (which it will) you can expect them to MTO (mandatory time off) you every shift.

In all, teletext is not a good company to expect to make a career move. Maybe a good source for additional income only if you have a full time job and a spouse. Because the cost of lights/internet required for the job is more than the income you will bring home!

Management really need to re-think the pay scale they offer. Look at the cost it takes for employees to work from as well as the requirements you require of employee and most of cost of living. Who wants to work for a company for 3 years and make the same wage!!!

FYI.....you get what you pay for.

Lots of learning Opps but no upper mobility for parents who wont work 80 hrs weekly

Current Employee - IT  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - IT in Englewood, CO

Pros

Huge company, work with lots of different departments, never a dull moment. A few very smart people that become go to resources.

Cons

Very reactive management that does not value leaders, instead they value individual contributors (think indispensable hero types) that claim their peoples work as their own. Those that get ahead are those that work non stop and don't have a home life. If you have a working spouse, have kids and you value work/life balance this is not the place for you. The motto is to work hard long hours, not smart. Forced stack ranking promotes unhealthy akward, competition among bosses/employees and peers.

Give 360 anonymous evaluations to management teams so you can get honest feedback on your leaders.

Fast paced but very rewarding.

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing in Englewood, CO

Pros

The people and the respect you are given.

Cons

No clear organization of how departments work.

Get organized.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very rigorous, and yet sedentary.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Morgantown, WV

Pros

My line of business has taught me extremely valuable information about banking, which is something I wanted to know all about. A wealth of information for an entry level position I have learned far more than you need to know about banking. It's a relaxing atmosphere. I like that it's a very relaxed environment and you have little accountability with management. You basically interact with a computer and whomever sits nearby. The company is incredibly graceful toward it's employees in my opinion, from experience they have been very lenient and supportive of me.

Cons

You learn far to much at this job. Not only do you learn very important things that may have transfer value for the future, but also every little minute detail of what becomes increasingly useless information. On the other hand that is one of the criteria for Carnegie's extreme wealth formula. While I used to be excited about learning, now I crave simplicity. There are many migraine complaints here. It is a very sedentary job, the sitting is very relaxing, and the chairs are comfortable but, you have to keep a gym membership or you could die.

The people need to be more engaged with one another. You can become isolated, and depressed and not build any interpersonal relationships here. You can do this anywhere, but here even if your heart is swelling with love it's difficult to build lasting relationships with co workers, because you are consistently busy.

love the advancement program

Current Employee - Classroom Coordinator and Chat Coach  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Classroom Coordinator and Chat Coach in Englewood, CO

Pros

easy to work from home and use their system

Cons

raises are not easy to come by

I look forward to going to work every day.

Current Employee - Msr  in  Greeley, CO
    Current Employee - Msr in Greeley, CO

Pros

Good working conditions, On Site management really seems to care about the people, of course the bottom line is to make money.. its a business after-all.. but I really love my job and the people I work with.

I also like that they promote wellness!

Cons

Pay. there should be incremental increases at least once a year if you are performing as or better than expected.

I think they are doing fine.

Great for emergency/college employment needs.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morgantown, WV

Pros

Not much. Customers are awful and very seldom does management truly value you as an associate. Sweet cafeteria? Guaranteed lunches and breaks are dope though. And I guess you can advance quickly.

I had this job through college. It was great. I got paid well above minimum wage and my hours were cemented around my classes. There is no finer job for a college student needing work.

Cons

Taking off time is near impossible unless you know someone who can do a favor for you. Depressing atmosphere, unhealthy co-workers. Pay raises or bonuses have become near impossible.

Nothing, because nothing will change.

Good stay at home company to work for.

Current Employee - Social Media Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Very flexible schedules. Management is very friendly and engaged with employees.

Cons

The pay is low. This makes a good second job but not a good main job.

Company is good but the some of the trainers are not professional.

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

You save gas and you work from home.

Cons

The trainer I had expect you to just listen to her and the same individuals talke about there state, home, and kids. You try to be professional in class to ask a question by putting up the hand, she look over you. However as long as you interrupt others,while they are talking its cool. She is okay but need to have the ones always talking about non related training or company information to wait after work. We barely get what she has laid out because you have the same ones, wanting her to take them step by step with there screen. It's hard when some of the trainees expect the trainer to guide them with every little step on every ILN. But if you not the one kissing up to the trainer than she tries to make you feel like you not paying attention. I feel training should be training not I want to be your best friend and when you not the one talking about stuff not related to the training it's a problem. Some trainer need to realize not everyone is interest in the laughter and what's the personal life is like. Because some of us do not care.

Some of the trainers know their stuff but bored some of their trainee by talkin about their personal life and joking with the same individuals everyday. They need to keep it professional at all time. Instruct them, because a trainee is not commenting you on something does not mean they are not paying attention. Because we have so much material to learn but have to keep watching the same individual in the screenshare go over something step by step. It does not leave room for others to learn something they are misssing. The instructor should have individuals respect others by rasing their hand when talking not by cutting them off.

Decent Benefits if you can afford them

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Springfield, MO

Pros

Good Benefits available if you can afford them. Life insurance, medical, dental, vision, 401 K

Cons

Shifts, constantly changing shifts, no pay raises, except by promotion and those are hard to come by.

Set up opportunity for growth. An employee that is doing the job well and has experience should be worth more than a newly hired, recently trained person.

Worked for TeleTech? Contribute to the Community!