TeleTech Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014

2.8

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic (in 66 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you (in 11 reviews)

• Hectic call center with eight hours of back to back calls with minimal breaks and scripted metrics (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Lots of learning Opps but no upper mobility for parents who wont work 80 hrs weekly

Current Employee - IT  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - IT in Englewood, CO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time

Pros

Huge company, work with lots of different departments, never a dull moment. A few very smart people that become go to resources.

Cons

Very reactive management that does not value leaders, instead they value individual contributors (think indispensable hero types) that claim their peoples work as their own. Those that get ahead are those that work non stop and don't have a home life. If you have a working spouse, have kids and you value work/life balance this is not the place for you. The motto is to work hard long hours, not smart. Forced stack ranking promotes unhealthy akward, competition among bosses/employees and peers.

Give 360 anonymous evaluations to management teams so you can get honest feedback on your leaders.

Fast paced but very rewarding.

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing in Englewood, CO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people and the respect you are given.

Cons

No clear organization of how departments work.

Get organized.

Very rigorous, and yet sedentary.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

My line of business has taught me extremely valuable information about banking, which is something I wanted to know all about. A wealth of information for an entry level position I have learned far more than you need to know about banking. It's a relaxing atmosphere. I like that it's a very relaxed environment and you have little accountability with management. You basically interact with a computer and whomever sits nearby. The company is incredibly graceful toward it's employees in my opinion, from experience they have been very lenient and supportive of me.

Cons

You learn far to much at this job. Not only do you learn very important things that may have transfer value for the future, but also every little minute detail of what becomes increasingly useless information. On the other hand that is one of the criteria for Carnegie's extreme wealth formula. While I used to be excited about learning, now I crave simplicity. There are many migraine complaints here. It is a very sedentary job, the sitting is very relaxing, and the chairs are comfortable but, you have to keep a gym membership or you could die.

The people need to be more engaged with one another. You can become isolated, and depressed and not build any interpersonal relationships here. You can do this anywhere, but here even if your heart is swelling with love it's difficult to build lasting relationships with co workers, because you are consistently busy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

love the advancement program

Current Employee - Classroom Coordinator and Chat Coach  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Classroom Coordinator and Chat Coach in Englewood, CO

I have been working at TeleTech part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

easy to work from home and use their system

Cons

raises are not easy to come by

I look forward to going to work every day.

Current Employee - Msr  in  Greeley, CO
    Current Employee - Msr in Greeley, CO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good working conditions, On Site management really seems to care about the people, of course the bottom line is to make money.. its a business after-all.. but I really love my job and the people I work with.

I also like that they promote wellness!

Cons

Pay. there should be incremental increases at least once a year if you are performing as or better than expected.

I think they are doing fine.

Great for emergency/college employment needs.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TeleTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not much. Customers are awful and very seldom does management truly value you as an associate. Sweet cafeteria? Guaranteed lunches and breaks are dope though. And I guess you can advance quickly.

I had this job through college. It was great. I got paid well above minimum wage and my hours were cemented around my classes. There is no finer job for a college student needing work.

Cons

Taking off time is near impossible unless you know someone who can do a favor for you. Depressing atmosphere, unhealthy co-workers. Pay raises or bonuses have become near impossible.

Nothing, because nothing will change.

Great for learning, low on people value

I worked at TeleTech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Learned every day. Had opportunity to work for global company and with some very smart people. Dynamic culture, fast paced, never bored. Benefits were great until Jan 2013. Pay was competitive, but you do the work of many people to earn it, and sacrifice any semblance of a life.

Cons

People are very low on the list of priorities at TeleTech. No matter what they say, the truth is that people are cattle to them, and completely replaceable. Churn and burn environment that wants to hire people for the lowest price point possible. Any program that might change that perception is usually cut in one of the 10 budget crises each year. No loyalty - I have seen people who dedicated years of their lives and made great personal sacrifices get kicked out the door and spit on in the process. They have no grace, and most of the people running the company, including the CEO are unkind and unethically focused on their $1 million paychecks. They change just for the sake of change, not to add any real value, and they churn through so many people every year that it is really difficult to gain momentum or traction. Success = sucking up to your new SVP/VP of the day and staying off Ken's radar, and usually throwing other people under the bus in the process.

Senior management never reads these things so it's pretty much a waste of time to give them any advice. They think they know it all, and are slaves to the CEO's whims, which are many and frequent.

Seasonal work from home Employee

Former Employee - Post Purchase Support  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Post Purchase Support in Charlotte, NC

I worked at TeleTech part-time for more than a year

Pros

Save gas on commuting and ability to work from home

Cons

Trainers are unprofessional and unorganized. They teach you nothing because the training is total chaos, anything learned will be on job. Team leads change constantly and you receive no one on one assistance for team leads only emails and maybe a instant message. Numerous system issues that go unresolved and company has no solution other than to sit on hold waiting for ASD for 5 or more hours..literally! Compensation is extremely low with no hopes of a raise, but the work requirements and expectations for performance is high. There is no regard to employees need for hours, they use you when call volume is high and when call volume becomes slow (which it will) you can expect them to MTO (mandatory time off) you every shift.

In all, teletext is not a good company to expect to make a career move. Maybe a good source for additional income only if you have a full time job and a spouse. Because the cost of lights/internet required for the job is more than the income you will bring home!

Management really need to re-think the pay scale they offer. Look at the cost it takes for employees to work from as well as the requirements you require of employee and most of cost of living. Who wants to work for a company for 3 years and make the same wage!!!

FYI.....you get what you pay for.

Mis-hire

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at TeleTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great corporate building/location. The building is great, and their planned extras are nice (kids days, outdoor BBQs, yoga classes, walking group, etc.)

Cons

Management & Supervisors have a lack of communication between themselves.
    You're asked to work way more hours than needed due to communication breakdown between managers and supervisors and lack of pre-planning by them.

I was mis-hired for a job and have no idea why I was hired to do something completely different than what I was interviewed for. Don't act surprised when people struggle to do a job when they were interviewed for something else entirely different than what you are actually going to ask them to do.

Attitude of expendable employees

I worked at TeleTech for more than 5 years

Pros

large worldwide presence and opportunity

Cons

very high turnover, narrow margin, narcissist CEO

your employees make you successful, not your size (it's quality, not size)

Worked for TeleTech? Contribute to the Community!