TeleTech Reviews

Reset
2.4
TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Legitimate work from home positions (in 80 reviews)

• Great work environment and office culture (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • A complete lack of work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• I get it that this is a call center but other places treat you better (in 23 reviews)

1. It wasnt bad

Former Employee - USAA Credit Card Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - USAA Credit Card Specialist in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech (Less than a year)

Pros

Good money not really commission or sales based

Cons

Metrics and management, Team leads were good it was more upper management that needed to get it together

TeleTech Response

Jun 8, 2015Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. I’ll make sure this gets included in our monthly report to management.

This company will chew you up and spit you out

Former Employee - HP Laptop Support Agent in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - HP Laptop Support Agent in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Pay was OK for a call center.

-The month long training period was essentially 2 free paychecks. I worked tech support and they were teaching us stuff that you should know to even get considered for that job.

Cons

- They'll lie straight to your face. This happens mostly during the interview process and the training process. In my case, it was about sales and my work schedule

- Incompetent management. It almost seemed that tech support managers were picked based on their sales prowess rather than their ability to provide good customer care.
    -Work schedule. I worked 2:30 PM-11:45 PM Thur-Mon. I had no free weekends. I had absolutely no social life. To add to that, the prospect of getting a better schedule was slim as they wouldn't work with me on that at all even after I was told they would during my interview. 3 people from my training class had to quit when they got their schedules.

-Sales. The absolute worst part of the job. When I was hired, I was under the impression that 95% of my job would be support. Sales would just be a friendly competition, but wouldn't affect my scorecard. I was dead wrong. I was required to make about $14 per call in sales.

-Rules & Regulations. I couldn't bend the rules for anybody. They threatened to fire me because I helped out a customer with a software problem on his laptop when he was only one day out of warranty. I spent $0 on the customer and about 10 minutes of time to make him happy (and possibly a repeat customer) and they threatened my livelihood because of it.

Advice to Management

-Don't lie to prospective employees.

-If you hire someone for a support role, don't force them to sell stuff to customers. In my case, most of the customers I talked to were already irritated that his/her laptop wasn't working. Having to sell to someone that isn't happy with the product is extremely difficult.

USAA-MSAS

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time

Pros

Free coffee. The turnover rate is so high that it seems like if you can manage to stick around for a year or longer you have a good chance of promotion.

Cons

They cap out your hourly rate at $10/hr which is nowhere near enough pay to deal with some of the people you'll deal with on the phone. They expect you to clock out to use the bathroom if you need to go other than when you are on break. I worked for the USAA Credit & Debit card fraud division (MSAS). USAA will lock down people's credit/debit cards when their computer program suspects fraud may be occuring. That is not Teletech's fault, but you will talk to some pissed off people and THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT. USAA's security is garbage and some members are on their 6th or 7th debit card because their card number keeps getting compromised. The members think you actually work for USAA, and don't understand why there's nothing you can do about their problems. You will take one on the chin quite often for something someone at the bank in San Antonio did. ` Teletech often closes the windows so you can't see outside. Working here is like visiting a minimum security prison every day. I believe the bars enclosing the break room behind the building are not to keep people out but to keep the workers from going from the breakroom directly to their car and never coming back. I worked the job for 6 months before I had to leave or else put my mental health in jeopardy. Some of the team leads are cool, others act annoyed if you ask a question. There were a few people there whose accounts were always "broken" and they walked around all day, never on the phones. This went on for months and was still happening when I left! Training was a joke. Half the time people in our class were playing Magic the Gathering or we were playing silly team-building games.

I wouldn't recommend this job except to someone desperate for a job. Even then I'd add to take the 6 week paid training and get the hell out before you go onto the call floor.

Advice to Management

Pay your agents more. Change your policies, you go overboard with the security protocol. No one is going to stand outside and look in the windows to see people's computer screens. You have ten computers in your employee break room and three of them work. THREE. This is sadly indicative of how your IT is, though.

5. Great people but does not have comparable pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Caring management, good benefits,

Cons

Low pay; do not pay for experience

Advice to Management

Do not lump everyone under the same pay by position. Pay for experience.

6. I loved it there

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative for Usaa in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative for Usaa in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything! The pay, the benefits, the work. I loved working there and would love to work for them again.

Cons

The liars in the front office also known as human capital (hr). They do background checks on everyone so when I got hired I had stuff on my background but they still hired me. I was there for almost a year. Never got in trouble, never was late or called in, had good reviews from customers, and then out of the blue they called me up and told me I couldnt work there anymore because they ran another background and the same stuff was on there as before.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the girls in the human capital department and let me come back

Teletech that most average job you'll ever have.

Current Employee - Credit Card Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Credit Card Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some good incentives and benefits. Potential bonuses that can add up if you are really good at your job. Benefits are pretty good, but I recently discovered the federal government classifies the health insurance as "unaffordable" because it is above 9.5% of what they pay.

Cons

Unfortunately, the incentives, bonuses and benefits don't add up to a career. The hourly wage caps at $10/hr. Wal-Mart is better than that. This is the only job I've been in that criticizes and punishes

Advice to Management

Focus more on retention and less on recruitment. Pay a living wage and you wouldn't have to constantly hire people. Relax on the break times.

Springfield MSR

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People were good to work with. Got a check every two weeks.

Cons

Required a lot of sucking up to get promoted. People quit all the time. I worked 10 different shifts in a year. Canceled my insurance because I didn't "tell them I still wanted it".

Frustrating company to work for, but overall not too bad of an experience

Former Employee - Desktop Support Associate Technology in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Associate Technology in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced team environment. Very good benefits package and decent perks. Fun team atmosphere when working at the corporate versus agent level.

Cons

IT department is seriously understaffed for some North American sites. NA IT staff expected to provide same level of support with 2 members as a 5 member team at other locations. Human Capital department fails to recognize and address multiple issues within workplace staffing. Company offers competitive salaries when hiring externally, but caps on internal promotion salary increases leave promoted employees being paid far less than external new hires to the same position that have far less experience.

Advice to Management

Management needs to learn to appreciate all staff equally, and to work with individual groups to better recognize key employee contributions to the corporation as a whole, especially in North American sites.

TeleTech Response

Oct 28, 2014Director, Talent Acquisition Marketing

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts, we'll address this to management and review what we could do to make it better.

10. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People, Benefits, Environment, Fun, Exciting. All around a great place to work.

Cons

Sometimes the managers don't hold the employees to dress code.

Not great, but not bad

Current Contractor - TeleTech @ Home Agent in Springfield, MO
    Current Contractor - TeleTech @ Home Agent in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Working from home
    + Pay is better than minimum wage
    + A certain level of independence

Cons

- Trainers know little more than other employees
    - No benefits for @ home workers
    - Lots of requirements to find things yourself

Advice to Management

Pay more to your at home team and make sure training is solid and you would have a much better group representing you on the phones.

RSS Feed </> Embed