TeleTech Reviews in Springfield, MO

Updated October 9, 2014
2.8

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Work from home option is great for those that have driving in traffic (in 71 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you (in 12 reviews)

• I get it that this is a call center but other places treat you better (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

46 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Not great, but not bad

Current Employee - TeleTech @ Home Agent in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - TeleTech @ Home Agent in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

+ Working from home
    + Pay is better than minimum wage
    + A certain level of independence

Cons

- Trainers know little more than other employees
    - No benefits for @ home workers
    - Lots of requirements to find things yourself

Pay more to your at home team and make sure training is solid and you would have a much better group representing you on the phones.

Ok

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good bosses and OK pay.

Cons

Kinda boring and yeah boring.

Not sure.

Worst Job I have ever had.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The individuals in my training class were nice.

Cons

Does not provide a lot of leeway for scheduling
    managers a rude
    They pick favorites
    managers don't seem to help until person wants to leave.

I was told in my interview that they would work around my school schedule. unfortunately, as I started to progress more and more in to working here, I was going to have to bid for a certain shift. In the long run, I had to withdraw from classes at my school and ended up owing thousands of dollars to a institution that I could no longer go to due to the shift I currently had. I recommend that if you say your'e going to work around a school schedule to not lie about it as well as resigning an individual and making them sign paper work that they do not know what it is consist of until you find out after you sign that it is for you not to sue the employer.

Worst company ever

Current Employee - Third Party Fraud in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Third Party Fraud in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only positive is that it pays more than unemployment, I suppose pto if a pro, however, it accrued at the lowest rate I have ever seen, and there is no vacation pay on top of it. Every call center I have worked for has provided both.

Cons

Mico management, low pay I mean the lowest in the industry, no raises, horrible computer equipment, most supervisors will scream at you and belittle you. Good luck getting a message that your child's daycare or school calles if you kid is sick. Not only do you get very little pto and no vacation pay good luck scheduling time off. You are required to repeatedly submit request that fail right off the bat, then you have to beg your supervisor to override the failed request. Hoping they will agree to override it and not "forget". This also has to be done right before your plans so if you can't get your sup to over ride or they forget you have to cancel your plans or take and absence.

Take care of your employees and they will take care of you.

Great stepping stone choice to get your career started.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

TeleTech offers paid bonus in addition with paid training at competitive rates

Great place to earn experience and build résumé.

Also great plans with large pool insurance health, dental, eyesight. With a knowledgeable staff to help guide you into what best fits your life situation.

TeleTech is a 3rd party customer service center that compartmentalizations specialty service to better tailor to customer needs and questions.

Cons

The amount of training is approximately 30 days; depending on which department you are trained for will make a difference, however most training covers only very basic situations in an environment that has complex situations. Most experience one gets will be learning it by trial and error.

Pay is great for starting, but is capped as it is 3rd party. Great experience builder but not a lot of room for moving up.

The most basic potential issue is that longevity at TeleTech is essentially discouraged. Early sign on bonuses and insurance coverage kick in almost immediately. However seasoned workers are hard to come by as their limits are quickly capped.

Instead of focusing high bonuses for newer recruits, it should be applied towards seasoned employees to match skill level and tenure.

What could have been for many

Former Employee - Team Leader in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, even for employees just starting out. Friendly managers at the Springfield, MO site. Good benefits packages with some jobs, all benefits are dependent on the client you are servicing.

Cons

Be clear, attendance is important at any job, but TeleTech takes attendance to a whole different level. NEVER, ever ever ever and I can't stress enough EVER miss a single day, never get sick during a shift and for the love of god, never tell your manager you have kids! Temporary positions will be given out for new clients, but if you are asked to do a different job you will remain temporary. Human Capital (HR) and managers will make things seem as if you are secure, but will turn on you in a heartbeat. Attendance is more important that ability, miss one day? Or people under you call out, you WILL be let go. Period. Managers will put the work first, and not allow you let people go with true attendance issues or employees who steal time, but will instead make you accountable for their deeds. There are time-off days given, but do not use them no matter what, that will still count against you. Very little personal growth opportunities; managers will not look for how you work or your ability to get others to do their job effectively. Bottom line, if you are in the hospital, find a way to come in.

Stand behind supervisors and allow them to do their job correctly. Allow more personal and professional growth by nurturing those you hire instead of holding them to standards that are never explained before hand.

Stress and Deception

Current Employee - Front Line Agent in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Front Line Agent in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

decent pay for the area. decent training.

Cons

During the interview process, you are informed that this is not a sales position; it is a support position. All the way through training, your supervisor tells you that it is not a sales position. Then, at the end of training, you get about 2 hours of sales training and once you're in production as a "helpdesk agent," your manager lets you know that if you don't meet sales numbers, your job is in jeopardy. After a couple of months, the stress took a toll on me and I was physically sick throughout the day. I ended up having gastro-intestinal surgery due to the stress from trying to meet my quotas and perform up to my manager's expectations. There is very little support from management, it's a "perform or go home" atmosphere.

Management should seek to provide adequate training and encouragement to staff instead of berating the under-performers and using threats as motivation.

Great people, low salary

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Local management great.

Cons

works shifts can change constantly. Pay is stagnant. Opportunities for advance slow or not at all

Global management needs to share more that is going on with local management and empolyees

Many Pro's and Many Con's

Current Employee - Customer Service in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Springfield, MO

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly Staff Environment
    better then fast food pay
    good for right out of high school students

Cons

cons - The First Place To Start Is The Pay, Its A Joke.
    benefits - Eat Up Your PayChecks!!!
    scheduling - Unfair Along With Stack Rankings For Bids
    soft wear - Out Of Date By A Long Shot
    turnover rates - Next To None The Highest Ever Seen
    Many More Things.

If you are wanting to keep any new hires along with keeping the tenured agents there really has to be something done about the pay, some families that surround me struggle to survive, and this place is only tearing them apart

OK so far....only 1 week in

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company seems very friendly, and family orientated. Decent break room amenities including ping-pong, computer lab, video game room, and tv lounge. Pay is stable, and there are usually opportunities for overtime shifts if you need extra cash. Training and coaching is adequate preparation for the actual job. There are some opportunities for bonuses as well. Awesome sign on bonus.

Cons

VERY strict. But we are in the financial sector so I think that is to be expectedI Upper management does not seem to appreciate employees and all the hard work that is put in. Compensation increases are not happening unless you are upper management!

Invest more in your employees. Add more performance based incentives and bonuses. Increase pay cap and award raises to exceptional employees and supervisors. Offer more opportunities for exceptional agents to learn skills that would allow them to adapt to QA and supervisor roles.