TeleTech

Updated November 15, 2014
2.8

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • I guess I can say that they offer a legit work from home program (in 80 reviews)

• There is a good salary and a neutral work environment plus possible promotions and continuous training (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • If you want work life balance, this is not the place for you (in 12 reviews)

• I get it that this is a call center but other places treat you better (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Pay for Simple Job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friends, Fun and easy work

Cons

Management is not well organized and it trickles down all over the site.

Consider one another more as business partners first and friends second

7 yr employee

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I, Customer Service Representative II, Chat, Ed Desk in Moundsville, WV

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a good place to work, but it depends so much on the project you are on. Cable tv project had huge push to sell to customers calling in about bill or problems with services. Call centers have their own culture and the culture went downhill while I was there. My project was cancelled by the cable co. I learned a lot there! Good for someone starting out in the job market or older people looking for additional income.

Cons

It's a call center. My local management team did the best they could within the system. High stress, chained to desk, seemingly endless stream of calls. I hated being forced to sell to customers calling in about bill or service problems.

Bring back more of the office culture I experienced in 2006. Celebrate holidays, inject a little fun with the special days like luau day, sports team day, and so on. Little things like passing out a candy or granola bar when call volume was insanely high does make a big difference. Benefits were good but went downhill. Pay was ok, but very difficult to go up the pay scale because of the ever changing metrics on performance.

TeleTech Response

Oct 13, 2014Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for feedback. We appreciate your inputs and will review how we can make things fun. :)

Avoid at all costs.

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fellow co-workers are good people. That is the ONLY benefit.

Cons

In recent years they have become in-flexible towards scheduling needs.

There is reason, despite the pay increase, that the site is still hemorrhaging workers. Our current contractor is not a good company and has been on site too long. Forcing people to work schedules they cannot possibly work due to familial constraints or transportation constraints is not a smart move either. Keep this up and you'll continue to have problems losing works to the point that the site closes down.

Beware the petty politics

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TeleTech full-time

Pros

upper management on site is great

Cons

bureaucracy and petty politics people try to bring you down so they can move up

Listen to your local management, don't jump to term, go back to a development culture instead of a negative terming environment

My time at Teletech was great they are a good employer that pays a good wage and chance for advancement.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They pay a decent wage in West Virginia. They also have room for advancement within the company and can get advanced pretty quickly.

Cons

The only challenge I found was the sitting for long periods of time. I need to be busy and moving to stay interested and it was a little boring.

Find ways to break up the day to make it more interesting.

It's not for everyone

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The paid training was a good perk, About a month's worth of paid training before you actually go out to the call floor. There was actually a pretty good health care plan for job. You got automatic pay raises the longer you were there all the way up to $10/hour then there was a cap. There was a big break room with all kinds of vending machines for your lunch hour.

Cons

Your scheduled lunch and breaks were different every single day and if didn't adhere to the exact schedule, you would have to flex it past your shift to make up for lost call time. You were always monitored. Had to follow a strict code of conduct when speaking to customers, who are sometimes very irritable. And it's not hard to violate that code of conduct in my experience. In order to be promoted to a different department that has nothing to do with the call center floor, you have to start with taking the calls first. Everyone that works there and has been promoted to a higher position that doesn't have to take calls has taken calls before.

Needs to have a higher wage compensation. Having a bank for a client is a lot more difficult than other clients.

Do your job, follow the rules, and you'll be fine.

Current Employee - TTY Call Center Agent in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - TTY Call Center Agent in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay, promotions are always inside the center, and the work is rather easy to do.

Cons

The people. The customers are hard to deal with on a daily basis, as things get repetitive and getting yelled all day, everyday is annoying. The staff is generally okay. You do have to follow the rules to a "T" otherwise corrective behavior is in order. The schedules are set and it can be difficult for a college student who might need an extra day off one week, but they do try to work with you.

Very rigorous, and yet sedentary.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My line of business has taught me extremely valuable information about banking, which is something I wanted to know all about. A wealth of information for an entry level position I have learned far more than you need to know about banking. It's a relaxing atmosphere. I like that it's a very relaxed environment and you have little accountability with management. You basically interact with a computer and whomever sits nearby. The company is incredibly graceful toward it's employees in my opinion, from experience they have been very lenient and supportive of me.

Cons

You learn far to much at this job. Not only do you learn very important things that may have transfer value for the future, but also every little minute detail of what becomes increasingly useless information. On the other hand that is one of the criteria for Carnegie's extreme wealth formula. While I used to be excited about learning, now I crave simplicity. There are many migraine complaints here. It is a very sedentary job, the sitting is very relaxing, and the chairs are comfortable but, you have to keep a gym membership or you could die.

The people need to be more engaged with one another. You can become isolated, and depressed and not build any interpersonal relationships here. You can do this anywhere, but here even if your heart is swelling with love it's difficult to build lasting relationships with co workers, because you are consistently busy.

Great for emergency/college employment needs.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not much. Customers are awful and very seldom does management truly value you as an associate. Sweet cafeteria? Guaranteed lunches and breaks are dope though. And I guess you can advance quickly.

I had this job through college. It was great. I got paid well above minimum wage and my hours were cemented around my classes. There is no finer job for a college student needing work.

Cons

Taking off time is near impossible unless you know someone who can do a favor for you. Depressing atmosphere, unhealthy co-workers. Pay raises or bonuses have become near impossible.

Nothing, because nothing will change.

You're not just a number, you're a bunch of numbers

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Coach in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Coach in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some flexibility for college kids, etc. Can flex hours from day to day sometimes. pays above minimum wage.typically

Cons

low pay (although above minimum wage in this area), zero employee satisfaction. Management could care less about you or your future with the company, even though they pretend to at times. You're scored on terrible metrics that you have little control over, and it effects your bonuses big time. The so-called promotions are a joke. $0.50/hr for a promotion to coach desk which takes all the angry customers and you're suppose to be most knowledgable. Really? $0.50 is a reward for being a great employee? Pathetic.

How about some personal attention to the employees. How about caring about keeping the talented employees and stop letting them walk out by the dozen after years of good service.Terrible company as a whole and just no concern by management to make it better.