TeleTech

Updated Jun 16, 2014

TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman

Kenneth D. Tuchman

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Do your job, follow the rules, and you'll be fine.

TTY Call Center Agent (Current Employee)
    Morgantown, WV

ProsGreat pay, promotions are always inside the center, and the work is rather easy to do.

ConsThe people. The customers are hard to deal with on a daily basis, as things get repetitive and getting yelled all day, everyday is annoying. The staff is generally okay. You do have to follow the rules to a "T" otherwise corrective behavior is in order. The schedules are set and it can be difficult for a college student who might need an extra day off one week, but they do try to work with you.

It's not for everyone

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Morgantown, WV

ProsThe paid training was a good perk, About a month's worth of paid training before you actually go out to the call floor. There was actually a pretty good health care plan for job. You got automatic pay raises the longer you were there all the way up to $10/hour then there was a cap. There was a big break room with all kinds of vending machines for your lunch hour.

ConsYour scheduled lunch and breaks were different every single day and if didn't adhere to the exact schedule, you would have to flex it past your shift to make up for lost call time. You were always monitored. Had to follow a strict code of conduct when speaking to customers, who are sometimes very irritable. And it's not hard to violate that code of conduct in my experience. In order to be promoted to a different department that has nothing to do with the call center floor, you have to start with taking the calls first. Everyone that works there and has been promoted to a higher position that doesn't have to take calls has taken calls before.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to have a higher wage compensation. Having a bank for a client is a lot more difficult than other clients.

Very rigorous, and yet sedentary.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Morgantown, WV

ProsMy line of business has taught me extremely valuable information about banking, which is something I wanted to know all about. A wealth of information for an entry level position I have learned far more than you need to know about banking. It's a relaxing atmosphere. I like that it's a very relaxed environment and you have little accountability with management. You basically interact with a computer and whomever sits nearby. The company is incredibly graceful toward it's employees in my opinion, from experience they have been very lenient and supportive of me.

ConsYou learn far to much at this job. Not only do you learn very important things that may have transfer value for the future, but also every little minute detail of what becomes increasingly useless information. On the other hand that is one of the criteria for Carnegie's extreme wealth formula. While I used to be excited about learning, now I crave simplicity. There are many migraine complaints here. It is a very sedentary job, the sitting is very relaxing, and the chairs are comfortable but, you have to keep a gym membership or you could die.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe people need to be more engaged with one another. You can become isolated, and depressed and not build any interpersonal relationships here. You can do this anywhere, but here even if your heart is swelling with love it's difficult to build lasting relationships with co workers, because you are consistently busy.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great for emergency/college employment needs.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Morgantown, WV

ProsNot much. Customers are awful and very seldom does management truly value you as an associate. Sweet cafeteria? Guaranteed lunches and breaks are dope though. And I guess you can advance quickly.

I had this job through college. It was great. I got paid well above minimum wage and my hours were cemented around my classes. There is no finer job for a college student needing work.

ConsTaking off time is near impossible unless you know someone who can do a favor for you. Depressing atmosphere, unhealthy co-workers. Pay raises or bonuses have become near impossible.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing, because nothing will change.

You're not just a number, you're a bunch of numbers

Customer Service Representative/Coach (Current Employee)
    Morgantown, WV

ProsSome flexibility for college kids, etc. Can flex hours from day to day sometimes. pays above minimum wage.typically

Conslow pay (although above minimum wage in this area), zero employee satisfaction. Management could care less about you or your future with the company, even though they pretend to at times. You're scored on terrible metrics that you have little control over, and it effects your bonuses big time. The so-called promotions are a joke. $0.50/hr for a promotion to coach desk which takes all the angry customers and you're suppose to be most knowledgable. Really? $0.50 is a reward for being a great employee? Pathetic.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about some personal attention to the employees. How about caring about keeping the talented employees and stop letting them walk out by the dozen after years of good service.Terrible company as a whole and just no concern by management to make it better.

I felt exploited as a commodity.

Senior Account Specialist (Former Employee)
    Morgantown, WV

ProsIt is not difficult to get a job with Teletech, and if you follow their rules to the 't' it is not difficult to keep that job.

ConsLittle room for advancement. While It is true that much of Teletech's upper-level management started out at the bottom, there are not many rungs on the ladder to climb in-between.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease wages according to time with company.

TeleHell

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee)
    Morgantown, WV

ProsIn depth training, one on one training with seasoned employees, teaches employees a lot about banking policies and procedures.

Consvery rude customers call in at times, some team leaders are condescending, outdated equipment, employee evaluations dwell on the tiniest mistakes even though you help hundreds of people a day .

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire personality tests for team leaders, upgrade computer systems.

It's a Job

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Morgantown, WV

ProsSomewhat flexible scheduling, will hire just about anyone regardless of disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.

ConsPeople, experience, and skills are not valued--you're a butt in a chair, that's all.

Low Pay for Important Work

Personal Banker (Former Employee)
    Morgantown, WV

ProsVery flexible with hours if your a student or just looking for part time work.

ConsPay isn't that great. $9.25 to manage millions in customers accounts for Bank of America. Also telling a customer you can't refund their O/D fee because the tool said so is hard when they don't already O/D their account frequently. Everyone hated Bank of America at the Morgantown site just because of their stupid irate policies. I'm sure TeleTech is probably charging BofA $16-$20 per hour worked! Benefits should be better. Especially when it comes to vision which should be fully covered seeing that your staring at a computer screen all day long!

Advice to Senior Managementprovide more incentives..when initially employed the incentives were explained very vaguely. I was told I'd get .25 cent raises every month. Guess what I NEVER saw them. Actually offer extra money per month if you meet attendance goals etc. Just doing the top 25% of your LOB is lame. I think including up to 60% of the LOB for bonuses would be acceptable.

Not Bad...Good... Not Perfect

(Former Employee)
    Moundsville, WV

Pros-Worked with many call centers and this one is just okay in terms of communications and employee management.
    -job security
    -On the job training
    -facilities

Cons-Rules are rules - you must follow or else...
    -Compensation is not really competitive compared to other call centers in my state
    -Job demands

Advice to Senior ManagementI appreciate your time reaching out with some programs so continue to keep us informed with the developments and updates in the company.

Worked for TeleTech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TeleTech reviews and ratings in West Virginia — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TeleTech CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by TeleTech employees.