TeleTech Reviews

Reset
2.4
TeleTech Chairman and CEO Kenneth D. Tuchman
Kenneth D. Tuchman

Pros
  • Legitimate work from home positions (in 80 reviews)

• Great work environment and office culture (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • A complete lack of work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• I get it that this is a call center but other places treat you better (in 23 reviews)

2.5 years of teletech

Current Employee - Account Manager in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've learned so much. I talk to people about their money. I take their money, and then explain to them why I did, and then, now after a lot of practice, they still like me. I'm the voice of the man, and let me tell you I love the customer. I'm not one of these people who mutes the phone and screams. not that they're not having their learning process as well. But I've been able to learn so much, I couldn't even quantify how much from this job. I absolutely give as much as I can and lean as much as I can at my job toward the customer. But I don't hate the bank at all. It's just an agreement, I think the bank and the customer could both do better, but they're where they are.

Cons

You don't know what the freak is going on sometimes. It's all about emphasis and it require's tact and flexibility. The job is comply, sometimes you don't know why the hell you're in trouble, and you don't know how to do your job, because so much information is there. And it conflicts. The solution tree, is like the Bible, it is just confusing. So in a way being in any group of people or a company like this is always like being in a cult. But that's the way life is, you just conform to the cultural stride of your group and you're okay, if not your out. The reason a call center works is this, you have a database of information, and the inexperienced potentially uneducated people you hire are taught to navigate that database. (Such a valuable experience for anyone who is uneducated. You will be educated, and you will be paid. ) They want you to do it faster, and that's capitalism, but you, in turn, rise to the challenge, but you have some wiggle room, really, you can speak to people. If you're kind, they will be kind. If you don't judge they won't judge. It's the most profound training in verbal etiquette I could EVER IMAGINE. And it's not limited to one specific culture or attitude or form of etiquette, I've assumed you're thinking of England, it's not like that at all. I thank this work, forever, for letting me have these many many conversations, with people I started to really, really like. Everyone. You really learn a lot. A lot of which is a phase, and just forget it. Anyways that's our life, Teletech is our life. 2.5 years of My life, and actually it's been really good. Stretching, but in a good way. These people will test your insecurity, you feel bad, but soon, you won't feel bad anymore. They'll test your boundaries. And they will test them until you don't really have them anymore, not in a fkd up way but in a way, on that call you have to drop your professionalism and be human with them or they will keep attacking you. They'll test your knowledge, you have to learn the material or you will be miserable, It will be like you are in an interrogation room for murder. And then after you've mastered all that, you'll love it or you'll quit. Whatev

Advice to Management

Becoming strict about certain parts of the procedures can hurt you. Overall if you apply pressure to the TL's or don't educate them about liberal management techniques you're business will suffer. It just will, because feasibly, you can't hire a person to spend equal time monitoring each agent and spend equal time monitoring each monitor, you have to be pragmatic. You WANT expert people, people who know what they're doing at a reasonable price. Promoting people who do not know the work is wonderful and I think that's actually a smart and reasonable move but to have them tell you in a harsh way about a small rule that won't be in effect tomorrow is only an effect of their work pressure. Personal differences can hurt the company, or maybe they're just a part of life, I'm not blaming the company for life, I know that it sucks all over. I don't know how best to run the company interpersonally. But I think, if the database is not consistent, then discrepencies should be expected. Thanks for the job :)

TeleTech Response

Jun 8, 2015 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate your telling us what’s on your mind. I’ll make sure management sees this review so we can continuously improve on internal processes and employee ... More

call center life is not for everyone

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TeleTech part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

consistent schedule, opportunities for overtime

Cons

-mentally exhausting - depending on shift you will take back to back calls the entire day -bank products and policies constantly changed -advancement opportunities based on phone metrics - could potentially be a dead end job if you are unable to maintain perfect metrics -pay rate was a little low. -extremely high turnover

Advice to Management

Train employees to handle most common phone scenarios first instead of trying to cram as much info as possible into training period. A lot of reps felt like they were thrown to the wolves

Arduous

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired, no restrictions.

Cons

High levels of emotional labor, very little management support.

Advice to Management

Hire more professional employees.

Card Representitive

Former Employee - Card Representative in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Card Representative in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

Good pay, months worth of paid training and great coworkers

Cons

No communication between higher ups, back to back phone calls, repetitive and will burn you out very quickly

Advice to Management

Better communication between eachother when it comes to issues with employees

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moundsville, WV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moundsville, WV

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working here. You get two breaks and a half hour lunch paid. Very flexible hours. Paid time off after working so many hours per week.

Cons

When I worked there, the only thing I didn't like was the fact that you had to try and sell the customer more services when they called in with problems with there current services.

Advice to Management

Please don't force employees to push other services when the customers are calling in with problems with the services they have.

Good Pay for Simple Job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friends, Fun and easy work

Cons

Management is not well organized and it trickles down all over the site.

Advice to Management

Consider one another more as business partners first and friends second

7 yr employee

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I, Customer Service Representative II, Chat, Ed Desk in Moundsville, WV

I worked at TeleTech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a good place to work, but it depends so much on the project you are on. Cable tv project had huge push to sell to customers calling in about bill or problems with services. Call centers have their own culture and the culture went downhill while I was there. My project was cancelled by the cable co. I learned a lot there! Good for someone starting out in the job market or older people looking for additional income.

Cons

It's a call center. My local management team did the best they could within the system. High stress, chained to desk, seemingly endless stream of calls. I hated being forced to sell to customers calling in about bill or service problems.

Advice to Management

Bring back more of the office culture I experienced in 2006. Celebrate holidays, inject a little fun with the special days like luau day, sports team day, and so on. Little things like passing out a candy or granola bar when call volume was insanely high does make a big difference. Benefits were good but went downhill. Pay was ok, but very difficult to go up the pay scale because of the ever changing metrics on performance.

TeleTech Response

Oct 13, 2014 – Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for feedback. We appreciate your inputs and will review how we can make things fun. :)

Avoid at all costs.

I have been working at TeleTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow co-workers are good people. That is the ONLY benefit.

Cons

In recent years they have become in-flexible towards scheduling needs.

Advice to Management

There is reason, despite the pay increase, that the site is still hemorrhaging workers. Our current contractor is not a good company and has been on site too long. Forcing people to work schedules they cannot possibly work due to familial constraints or transportation constraints is not a smart move either. Keep this up and you'll continue to have problems losing works to the point that the site closes down.

Beware the petty politics

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TeleTech full-time

Pros

upper management on site is great

Cons

bureaucracy and petty politics people try to bring you down so they can move up

Advice to Management

Listen to your local management, don't jump to term, go back to a development culture instead of a negative terming environment

My time at Teletech was great they are a good employer that pays a good wage and chance for advancement.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TeleTech part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay a decent wage in West Virginia. They also have room for advancement within the company and can get advanced pretty quickly.

Cons

The only challenge I found was the sitting for long periods of time. I need to be busy and moving to stay interested and it was a little boring.

Advice to Management

Find ways to break up the day to make it more interesting.

RSS Feed </> Embed