TeleTracking

TeleTracking Reviews

Updated May 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

It is gratifying to know that what we do at TeleTracking actually impacts patient care quality & even saved lives....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat coworkers, management team is small and open to discussions & ideas. Excellent benefits - like 100% health insurance cover, salary above the average rates, good amount of paid leave. If you are a team player with good ideas & skill sets - you can grow fast.

ConsBeing a small company the vertical growth is limited, lacks employee training on new areas or skillsets...

One of the more difficult roles I have ever taken

Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGoal oriented, knowledgeable group. CEO is friendly and personable.
    Technical Support manager is a true gentleman that seeks the best in every situation.
    Staff seeks constant communication, and likes to receive constant updates on situations. They are friendly and willing to work with you to resolve any concerns.

ConsWorking in a technical role, there are literally hundreds of renditions of the same application that you have to support.
    Their knowledge base is poor.
    Resources required for solutions are dispersed amongst many locations.
    Their procedures are written and forgotten about, rarely updated.
    Job role is boring, as well as being swing shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a technical writer for your technical support group that really delves into the structure of each revision of your application. This will improve retention of new employees that are introduced to the proprietary nature of your application suites.
    Implement a knowledge base that will allow your staff to research solutions more quickly.
    Consolidate resources, such as fixes, patches, relevant installations.

Business Analyst

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsPay and advancement opportunities are great. Company is growing at a rate of 30%/yr. Management is fantastic at setting goals and direction of business units.

ConsOld building leaves a lot to be desired especially in the rest rooms. Downtown parking is a necessary expense that must factor into any career decision.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor place to work for contractors; poor management.

Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsMany good people to work with; decent pay.

ConsTeleTracking advertised my job as a 90 day contract to hire position. Prior to the 90 days elapsing, I asked for a status update from my manager, who made suggestions as to what I needed to do. I complied with the suggestions, to the best of my ability. 120 days elapsed, and I inquired again with my manager, who continued to give me less and less to do; I was actually reduced to having to ask for projects. In frustration, I talked to the departmental head as well as HR and my representative from the contracting company, who claimed ignorance and suggested that TeleTracking generally takes a while to make decisions. He emphasized that he had heard nothing but positive feedback about my work and that he would surely let me know if he felt that the contract was going to end. I was not reassured, having watched them dismiss another contractor without giving him any notice. But, I continued to work as best as I could within the constraints of not being included in relevant team or corporate meetings or being given any work of substance. As the release I was working on was coming to a close, after having worked there for nearly 6 months, I was called into the office on a Friday afternoon, told that my contract was over, I was not a good fit, and that today was my last day. I was not given any specific reasons for the contract ending, and when I acted a bit surprised, I was told by the HR manager that "I should have seen this coming." While I agree that TeleTracking has the right to end my contract for any reason they see fit, they are extremely arbitrary in their employment practices. Clearly, my manager had decided that I was not a good fit after 90 days. But, they continued to deceive both me and the contracting company who was also caught off guard. Adhering to standards or expectations is impossible when those standards are not made clear, and when your manager acts as if you are a nuisance, rather than a fellow employee. TeleTracking got what they needed from me, and summarily ended my contract with no warning. Not a nice way to have to leave in any case. They further humiliated me by telling me that they would ship me my belongings (that I could not fit in my backpack - I was on my bike.) I did not get to say goodbye to any of the people I'd worked with for 6 months, or even exchange any contact information. Nobody knew why I'd left, as I confirmed with other folks who I see outside of work. Shame on me for naively trusting management to be honest.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with all of your employees.
    Learn how to manage people, not just projects.
    If you want to use contractors, make the expectations clear from the start - i.e., don't hide information.

Strange little company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of quality people
    Folks are willing to help and assist
    Pay is good

ConsLimited vacation time and stops accumulating at 3 year mark
    Environment has progressed to a "following" type atmosphere
    Promoting is slow and bias, even sometimes non-existent; they do not promote too much from within
    Low "coaching" and leading folks to success from high level managers
    Major focus is on revenue for the company, has moved away from true quality in some ways
    Extreme politics for a small company

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the development of the products and offering employees the opportunities that they work for and deserve. The culture will foster goodwill and the company will grow naturally.

New CEO is a jerk

ProsNice folks to work with

ConsManagement going down hill. Owner runs business like his land development companies

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on business management not sales at all costs

I am very experienced with Teletracking

Implementation Engineer (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat place to work and great benefits

ConsCertain departments are not managed well and it effect the day to day operations of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to improve the Project Management Department

Fast paced job with lack of solid overall direction from management

Pittsburgh, PA

ProsClient facing work is fulfilling
    "More than a number" company atmosphere
    Healthcare benefits are very good
    Flexible telecommuter style work environment for most

ConsSenior Leadership does not stick to a single overall plan and lacks foresight of future issues that are obvious to most rank/file employees
    Does not actively work to improve product - always looking to add new features and not fix known issues
    Company is always in a rush to please customers even at the expense of burning out seasoned employees who need a more managed pace
    The customer is always right - even when they are absolutely not.
    PTO system has a hard limit of accrued days after 5 years

Advice to Senior ManagementYour rank and file employees know best - don't rely on "salespeople" who are looking for a quick buck to direct the future of the company with untested new technologies customers don't want

Keep doing what the company has always done best - listening to customers and building what they want - not what you think they need

Worked for TeleTracking? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TeleTracking reviews and ratings. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by TeleTracking employees.