TeleTracking

CEO

Wonderful Experience

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TeleTracking full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a small private company only about 400 people. It really is a nice place to work especially if you live in Pittsburgh, PA

Cons

Within Teletracking you will reach a glass ceiling if you do not live in Pittsburgh, because a lot of the higher up jobs require you to live there. If you do not live in the area you will have to work remotely which normally includes traveling 100% of the time.

This company puts a lot into their employees. We are well trained as well have the best insurance I have ever had except for the military. They give us free medical, dental and optical. All we have to do is pay the co-pay. It's wonderful

Great Product, Actions contradict stated values

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at TeleTracking full-time

Pros

Excellent Product, excellent implementation and support resources. Strong Benefits, ability to make very good income.

Cons

Current Senior leader has created a culture of fear and backstabbing. All decisions are made in the context of what would the "senior leader" want to hear, not what is best for the client or company. The Senior leader is manipulative, undermining, condescending, and ultimately out only for himself.

The owner needs to Look at the number of top resources that have or are leaving and ask why. The stated values are not being lived up to by the actions of the Senior Leader in the company.

One of the most rewarding, enlightening, and frustrating experiences in my professional career.

I have been working at TeleTracking full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefit package, competitive pay, growing company that is investing in Technology to expand its portfolio of Healthcare solutions.

Cons

Poor middle management. Micro manage employees, place them in silos, restrict their training and interaction with other employees. This stymies the employee intellectual and internal growth within the organization.

Senior Management - Listen and value your employees opinions and recommendations not just your middle managers. Remember, just because a middle manager presents an idea does not mean it came from them. Follow up with departing employees on why they left, request their opinions, and recommends for improvements.

Technical Support Engineer

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at TeleTracking full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company. Wonderful product. Nice peole

Cons

Technical Support is a difficult place to move forward from in the company

Recognize the skills of your team and stop playing favorites with the "IN" crowd.

One of the more difficult roles I have ever taken

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at TeleTracking full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Goal oriented, knowledgeable group. CEO is friendly and personable.
    Technical Support manager is a true gentleman that seeks the best in every situation.
    Staff seeks constant communication, and likes to receive constant updates on situations. They are friendly and willing to work with you to resolve any concerns.

Cons

Working in a technical role, there are literally hundreds of renditions of the same application that you have to support.
    Their knowledge base is poor.
    Resources required for solutions are dispersed amongst many locations.
    Their procedures are written and forgotten about, rarely updated.
    Job role is boring, as well as being swing shift.

Get a technical writer for your technical support group that really delves into the structure of each revision of your application. This will improve retention of new employees that are introduced to the proprietary nature of your application suites.
    Implement a knowledge base that will allow your staff to research solutions more quickly.
    Consolidate resources, such as fixes, patches, relevant installations.

It is gratifying to know that what we do at TeleTracking actually impacts patient care quality & even saved lives....

I worked at TeleTracking full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, management team is small and open to discussions & ideas. Excellent benefits - like 100% health insurance cover, salary above the average rates, good amount of paid leave. If you are a team player with good ideas & skill sets - you can grow fast.

Cons

Being a small company the vertical growth is limited, lacks employee training on new areas or skillsets...

Business Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at TeleTracking full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay and advancement opportunities are great. Company is growing at a rate of 30%/yr. Management is fantastic at setting goals and direction of business units.

Cons

Old building leaves a lot to be desired especially in the rest rooms. Downtown parking is a necessary expense that must factor into any career decision.

Keep up the good work!

Poor place to work for contractors; poor management.

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at TeleTracking as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Many good people to work with; decent pay.

Cons

TeleTracking advertised my job as a 90 day contract to hire position. Prior to the 90 days elapsing, I asked for a status update from my manager, who made suggestions as to what I needed to do. I complied with the suggestions, to the best of my ability. 120 days elapsed, and I inquired again with my manager, who continued to give me less and less to do; I was actually reduced to having to ask for projects. In frustration, I talked to the departmental head as well as HR and my representative from the contracting company, who claimed ignorance and suggested that TeleTracking generally takes a while to make decisions. He emphasized that he had heard nothing but positive feedback about my work and that he would surely let me know if he felt that the contract was going to end. I was not reassured, having watched them dismiss another contractor without giving him any notice. But, I continued to work as best as I could within the constraints of not being included in relevant team or corporate meetings or being given any work of substance. As the release I was working on was coming to a close, after having worked there for nearly 6 months, I was called into the office on a Friday afternoon, told that my contract was over, I was not a good fit, and that today was my last day. I was not given any specific reasons for the contract ending, and when I acted a bit surprised, I was told by the HR manager that "I should have seen this coming." While I agree that TeleTracking has the right to end my contract for any reason they see fit, they are extremely arbitrary in their employment practices. Clearly, my manager had decided that I was not a good fit after 90 days. But, they continued to deceive both me and the contracting company who was also caught off guard. Adhering to standards or expectations is impossible when those standards are not made clear, and when your manager acts as if you are a nuisance, rather than a fellow employee. TeleTracking got what they needed from me, and summarily ended my contract with no warning. Not a nice way to have to leave in any case. They further humiliated me by telling me that they would ship me my belongings (that I could not fit in my backpack - I was on my bike.) I did not get to say goodbye to any of the people I'd worked with for 6 months, or even exchange any contact information. Nobody knew why I'd left, as I confirmed with other folks who I see outside of work. Shame on me for naively trusting management to be honest.

Be honest with all of your employees.
    Learn how to manage people, not just projects.
    If you want to use contractors, make the expectations clear from the start - i.e., don't hide information.

Strange little company!

I worked at TeleTracking

Pros

Lots of quality people
    Folks are willing to help and assist
    Pay is good

Cons

Limited vacation time and stops accumulating at 3 year mark
    Environment has progressed to a "following" type atmosphere
    Promoting is slow and bias, even sometimes non-existent; they do not promote too much from within
    Low "coaching" and leading folks to success from high level managers
    Major focus is on revenue for the company, has moved away from true quality in some ways
    Extreme politics for a small company

Focus on the development of the products and offering employees the opportunities that they work for and deserve. The culture will foster goodwill and the company will grow naturally.

New CEO is a jerk

I have been working at TeleTracking full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice folks to work with

Cons

Management going down hill. Owner runs business like his land development companies

Focus on business management not sales at all costs