Telecare Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Anne L. Bakar

Awesome opportunity to shine

Senior IT Solutions Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time

ProsFreedom to work on projects important to me that also meet company goals.

ConsI have not experienced too many 'cons' yet, I would say that this large company has a lot of inertia and is a slow ship to turn.

Great work environment. Management empowers employees.

Case Manager (Current Employee)
Modesto, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent program culture. Freedom to meet the needs of your clients in the best way you see fit. Nice perks (free lunches, company outings). Respect from all levels of management. I appreciate that the work is competitive.

ConsRelatively low wages compared to similar position with the County.

Great mission - disorganized management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Telecare Corporation

Prosrewarding work. great mission of asssiting clients to reach their highest potential.

Consculture can be nasty. lots of management turnover and changes.

Used to be a good company, but..........

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time

ProsWe do good work with a difficult population. The line staff are great.

ConsI have worked for Telecare for years. It has always been a "good" place to work until 2 years ago: At that time, one of the programs had their employees "unionize". The CEO Anne Bakar is terrified of the union because in a previous attempt to unionize, the union harassed her and her family (at her home). As a response to the unionization of one telecare program, the company has been holding "focus groups" whereby, the employees get to talk about whatever they don't like about management. these focus groups are being used to fire management without any recourse. District Managers are being instructed to "purge" management (and happy to do so because it draws attention away from their inability to do their own jobs - or they are ashamed of this unprofessional, and reactionary "policy" ). I have been doing this as a professional for over 25 years. I have never seen this type of management style (and for good reason!). Bottom line is: Telecare is a scary place to work right now, the CEO is operating from a fear-based position. That position has made her (and Telecare) a highly unstable company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making decisions based upon Union fear. Remember you have a population to serve - you can't (and won't) serve them if you keep treating your people this way. Poor management starts at the top.

Best Company Ever hands down

Mental HEalth Employee (Current Employee)
Alameda, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt's so nice to work for a company that actually cares about the community
so often you find these kinds of companies who have these mission statements but never truly follow through. Telecare is NOT that company. I love working here.

ConsI wish i got paid more...but who doesn't. that's just a part of the mental health system.
I have to have a 20 word minimum but honestly the only thing there is to complain about is the PAY. which i blame medicaid for. sooo. not much else to say.

Unprofessional

PSC (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI am able to gain work experience

ConsUnprofessional co-workers & managers, biased managers that promote friends over other employees that have more experience and/or education. Benefits and pay are lower than other similar companies in the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess lip service & more action, when problems are reported.

A great place to work; better if the departments would get out of their silo.

Portland, OR

I have been working at Telecare Corporation

ProsTelecare is a fast growing mental healthcare company that specializes in helping adults with mental impairments reach their full potential. This is a company that appears to be committed to the well-being of the people they serve. They focus on quality of care first, employee morale second, and profits third. I have experienced many instances where the most important thing is the what is best for the person being served even when there is significant costs involved.

The company is in five states and growth presents many opportunities for advancement which can be rare in the mental health field. They pride themselves for promoting from with in the company.

There is a high involvement culture from management and I have always felt supported and encouraged to take risks and grow as a professional. The company appears to be very well respected in the mental health community and they have been apart of major developments in the field over the last 40 years.

ConsBecause the company is so spread out geographically, it sometimes feels a bit disjointed. For example, new initiatives can be cumbersome to roll out or policy decisions may seem haphazard because they have no relevance. There seems to be limited options for advancement beyond the administrator level.

Departments seem to be at odds at times. For example, the HR and Finance departments sometimes "wag the dog." It appears the Finance and IT department have had difficulties keeping key personnel who seem to leave for bigger companies. Further, leadership of these departments seem disconnected from the Operations Department.

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit the programs outside of the Bay Area. Increase base salaries to keep key personnel. Reconsider having members of the Executive Committee also be members of the Board of Directors.

Want to really make a difference and feel good? Work at Telecare.

Alameda, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation

ProsTelecare is a place where people can do really good, heartfelt work that matters -- really matters. Everything we do either directly or indirectly helps people with mental illness, and that's something I feel great about. We are all treated like family -- sometimes good, sometimes not, but it's never 'corporate-y' -- I always feel like an individual and very appreciated.

ConsIf you are not a clinical person, sometimes it can be difficult to find ways to advance. That's because although we are a large company, the corporate/administration side is actually very small. However, if you are a clinical person, there is lots of room to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! Seriously. The people in senior management really care about this work; it's kind of wonderful to be a part of.

Apathetic Management: Truth is Lip Service is not Action

Director of Nursing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsIts a job and everyone needs a job. Facility is located close to living space.

ConsManagement is apathetic and unprofessional. Total lack of professional courtesy and leadership. Benefits are sub par with little to no room for advancement. Corporate talks a good game but endgame is all talk and no action for improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire qualified individuals, not someone that you know and gave a promotion without merit. Its okay to hire Caucasians that are male and have not only the minimum requirements but are over qualified for the position. I think they can do the job better than a minimum qualified individual with little to no real experience in the discipline.

I learned a lot about the recovery model and enjoyed my experience at Telecare.

Recovery Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Telecare Corporation

ProsHigh level of interaction with residents.
Room for employee idea input.
Flexible on shift scheduling.
Found residents to be inspiring.

ConsOccasional employee drama would create stressful and distracting environment for residents.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide employees with feedback on the care they are providing. Try to create a more professional working environment by reducing non work-related conversations.

Worked for Telecare Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Telecare Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Telecare Corporation CEO Anne L. Bakar. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Telecare Corporation employees.