Telecare Corporation

Updated September 6, 2014
Updated September 6, 2014
3.1

Anne L. Bakar

Great company to work for

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent help for the mentally impaired in our community
    Great team work
    Good pay and benefits, would love more but who wouldn't?!
    Occasional bonuses!

Cons

Staff that complain or gossip about management or other staff. No where is perfect to work, have had this issue with every company I have worked for, so it's not a Telecare issue at all, but people act like it is.

Say Thank You a little more to the staff, otherwise, keep up the good work!

High integrity, great values both in client services and employee support

Former Employee - Nurse
    Former Employee - Nurse

I worked at Telecare Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Telecare promotes clinical staff from within to administrative positions, which increases the support and understanding for work done by clinical staff. Many women in management, and diversity is consistent at all levels. Consistently pays competitively in a difficult field, where less well-administered outfits come and go, leaving jobs in the lurch without warning.

Cons

Overall, this is an undervalued field anywhere, and with Telecare, unless you work in a state where they have many units (i.e. CA), there is little room for advancement upwards in a clinical role.

Don't skimp on team-building activities when budgeting (as I saw happen over my years there at one unit) as these build more cohesiveness when working in a high-stress occupation.

Awesome opportunity to shine

Current Employee - Senior IT Solutions Architect
    Current Employee - Senior IT Solutions Architect

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time

Pros

Freedom to work on projects important to me that also meet company goals.

Cons

I have not experienced too many 'cons' yet, I would say that this large company has a lot of inertia and is a slow ship to turn.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great work environment. Management empowers employees.

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent program culture. Freedom to meet the needs of your clients in the best way you see fit. Nice perks (free lunches, company outings). Respect from all levels of management. I appreciate that the work is competitive.

Cons

Relatively low wages compared to similar position with the County.

Best Company Ever hands down

Current Employee - Mental HEalth Employee  in  Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Mental HEalth Employee in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's so nice to work for a company that actually cares about the community
    so often you find these kinds of companies who have these mission statements but never truly follow through. Telecare is NOT that company. I love working here.

Cons

I wish i got paid more...but who doesn't. that's just a part of the mental health system.
    I have to have a 20 word minimum but honestly the only thing there is to complain about is the PAY. which i blame medicaid for. sooo. not much else to say.

A great place to work; better if the departments would get out of their silo.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Telecare Corporation

Pros

Telecare is a fast growing mental healthcare company that specializes in helping adults with mental impairments reach their full potential. This is a company that appears to be committed to the well-being of the people they serve. They focus on quality of care first, employee morale second, and profits third. I have experienced many instances where the most important thing is the what is best for the person being served even when there is significant costs involved.

The company is in five states and growth presents many opportunities for advancement which can be rare in the mental health field. They pride themselves for promoting from with in the company.

There is a high involvement culture from management and I have always felt supported and encouraged to take risks and grow as a professional. The company appears to be very well respected in the mental health community and they have been apart of major developments in the field over the last 40 years.

Cons

Because the company is so spread out geographically, it sometimes feels a bit disjointed. For example, new initiatives can be cumbersome to roll out or policy decisions may seem haphazard because they have no relevance. There seems to be limited options for advancement beyond the administrator level.

Departments seem to be at odds at times. For example, the HR and Finance departments sometimes "wag the dog." It appears the Finance and IT department have had difficulties keeping key personnel who seem to leave for bigger companies. Further, leadership of these departments seem disconnected from the Operations Department.

Visit the programs outside of the Bay Area. Increase base salaries to keep key personnel. Reconsider having members of the Executive Committee also be members of the Board of Directors.

Want to really make a difference and feel good? Work at Telecare.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation

Pros

Telecare is a place where people can do really good, heartfelt work that matters -- really matters. Everything we do either directly or indirectly helps people with mental illness, and that's something I feel great about. We are all treated like family -- sometimes good, sometimes not, but it's never 'corporate-y' -- I always feel like an individual and very appreciated.

Cons

If you are not a clinical person, sometimes it can be difficult to find ways to advance. That's because although we are a large company, the corporate/administration side is actually very small. However, if you are a clinical person, there is lots of room to advance.

Keep up the good work! Seriously. The people in senior management really care about this work; it's kind of wonderful to be a part of.

Annual Review

Current Employee - MHRS  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - MHRS in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Morning Meeting 8-9:30am then you can make your your schedule while seeing 3-4 clients a day.

Cons

Lots of driving -(which can be a pro or a con)- you get reimbursed

I learned a lot about the recovery model and enjoyed my experience at Telecare.

Former Employee - Recovery Specialist
    Former Employee - Recovery Specialist

I worked at Telecare Corporation

Pros

High level of interaction with residents.
    Room for employee idea input.
    Flexible on shift scheduling.
    Found residents to be inspiring.

Cons

Occasional employee drama would create stressful and distracting environment for residents.

Continue to provide employees with feedback on the care they are providing. Try to create a more professional working environment by reducing non work-related conversations.

Very excited bout certain aspects of this company.

Current Employee - Director  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Likable staff, good medical benefits.

Cons

Have to wait a year to contribute to the 401k plan. That in no way encourages me to stay very long. Contribution to the plan (not being matched) doesn't cost the company anything so why this stipulation. I understand why they won't match in the first year...but I should be able to contribute my own money.

Update your 401k rules.

Worked for Telecare Corporation? Contribute to the Community!