Telecare Corporation

Updated November 19, 2014
Updated November 19, 2014

Anne L. Bakar

Poor Leadership

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company offers very good benefits, and the employees there are committed and competent. The pay is pretty decent for those who work at the corporate office. The work of the this organization is very much needed, and they do an excellent job of provided thoughtful, respectful mental health services.

Cons

Poor leadership, especially within the Executive team. Culture has really changed for the worst with the retirement of very good leaders. CEO has given power to HR, doesn't really know what's going on, and doesn't bother to check in.
    No infrastructure. Not enough resources to be effective. Very dishonest atmosphere.

Pay more attention to what's going on right under your nose

One of the best companies I have ever worked for!

Former Employee - Business Office Manager
    Former Employee - Business Office Manager

I worked at Telecare Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent team dynamics and ethics. Strong teams, well trained, and locally the management was excellent. Good benefits, good work-life balance.

Cons

Corporate tried to be supportive, but the inter-departmental coordination was not as good as could have been.

Keep in touch with the "front-line" workers.

I very much enjoyed the environment in helping and supporting staff and clients.

I worked at Telecare Corporation

Pros

Environment that allows for healthy, therapeutic relationships with clients. Beautiful facility with wonderful activities for clients.

Cons

Gossip, sabotage, lack of training to prevent success in position. Unprofessionalism by asst. director.

Openly and honestly discuss any concerns before making any decisions about a new employee not being the "right fit". Evaluate new employee personally and monitor their job performance without relying on the report by someone else who is a nonsupportive, unprofessional non-team-player.

This company exists to feed the greed of its family owners and few top executives.

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No pros unless you are at the very top - then you have unlimited spending accounts, lavish travel opportunities, huge secret bonuses. Only the top elite have any opportunity for personal growth or development. The majority of employees in this organization are horribly underpaid and overworked. Telecare is masterful at projecting a false image of doing good work

Cons

Low pay, stressful working conditions and environments, complete lack of any real training. Horrible communications systems.

Leave this work to the nonprofit organizations where the money for services paid actually fliters to the clients being served.

Great company to work for

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent help for the mentally impaired in our community
    Great team work
    Good pay and benefits, would love more but who wouldn't?!
    Occasional bonuses!

Cons

Staff that complain or gossip about management or other staff. No where is perfect to work, have had this issue with every company I have worked for, so it's not a Telecare issue at all, but people act like it is.

Say Thank You a little more to the staff, otherwise, keep up the good work!

highly unprofessional culture with a very incompetent staff

I have been working at Telecare Corporation

Pros

company's mission to help those living with a mental illness

Cons

company is administratively a mess with very minimal opportunity for growth. employees are mistreated and the company operates in a very inefficient manner. It is a politically charged environment that does not reward based on performance, which leads to several employees who are very incompetent in their jobs. There is a lack of collaboration, poor communication, and extremely low accountability. management is disingenuous and does not know how to invest in its employees. management also does not have the competence and knowledge to function properly in their jobs which creates many problems in the company and contributes to a highly stressful environment. It is clear that many employees are dissatisfied with the management of the company but are afraid to speak up because they fear the consequences and feel their opinions/concerns are not valued or taken seriously.

I was bullied with a lack of support by corporate.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Telecare Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The salary was great. The patients we worked with were great and all of the staff other than management were like family to me.

Cons

Inexperienced, dishonest, unethical management. Very high turn over. Poor morale.

Become leaders.

Very excited bout certain aspects of this company.

Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Likable staff, good medical benefits.

Cons

Have to wait a year to contribute to the 401k plan. That in no way encourages me to stay very long. Contribution to the plan (not being matched) doesn't cost the company anything so why this stipulation. I understand why they won't match in the first year...but I should be able to contribute my own money.

Update your 401k rules.

Very disappointed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The values/mission statement of helping clients achieve their hopes and dreams in recovery, good benefits, great potential if management actually listened to staff.

Cons

Very understaffed, with extremely unrealistic expectations about workload, caseload, productivity and timeliness. Any suggestions for improvement in process are seen as threats. HIPAA violations swept under rug. 95% of the staff works overtime UNPAID to get work done, at risk of progressive discipline...it is a no-win situation, with the clients as the real losers.

Listen to staff/employees, especially new ones who see the existing problems from a fresh perspective. Get rid of ineffective/toxic employees that care only about the bottom line and not doing the job right/helping the clients. Become aware that VERY high turnover in dept is sign of bad leadership.

Annual Review

Current Employee - MHRS in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - MHRS in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Morning Meeting 8-9:30am then you can make your your schedule while seeing 3-4 clients a day.

Cons

Lots of driving -(which can be a pro or a con)- you get reimbursed