Telefónica

Telefónica Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Telefónica President Cesar Alierta

Cesar Alierta

Pros:
  • "Nice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Promote flexible working / allow working from home, where role permits"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "Faceless organisation where if you work in the extremities then you don't get a look-in from senior management"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Lack of appreciation and work life balance"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great to be part of a corporation that is everywhere

Planning Supervisor of the Data Network (Former Employee)
    Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

ProsThe global aspect of Telefónica allows for state-of-the-art technology to be a common ground. This is great because it allows the company to offer a vast selection of services to its customers with minimun investment.

ConsThe unstable political/economical situation in Venezuela (where I was posted) was sometimes a stopper when new innovative plans were to be implemented.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways keep the customer as the top priority. It proved to be the right strategy.

friendly competitive challenging environment

Localization Consultant (Former Employee)
    Prague (Czech Republic)

Prosgreat team work, company education plan

Consthere are really no significant cons

Advice to Senior Managementkeep on managing in this way

Great Company, Poor Strategy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMission statement, geographical fingerprint, product portfolio, market position, technology, staff are a kind of leading company

ConsCurrent HR focus on cut on investments and salaries, so old and skilled staff are push away, while retaining less unexperienced but cheap employees.
    Customer care is handed over to cheap 3rd country providers, with no CRM or shared client profile knoledge. Good customers are not take in care, while focusing only on new customers and market penetration

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-invest on innovation, not only infrastructure, and retain best staff. Revisit customer care with better CRM

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Development and Opportunities

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsSince I'm with Telefónica, I have been presented with a lot of opportunities and support. I have the possibility to develop and my colleagues and managers see to it, that the path I chose is made possible.
    In my opinion, it is no wonder, that they won the great place to work award in different countries and score highly worldwide

Conscompared to other companies around here, like Google and Facebook, who offer a great deal of perks, the offer isn't as rich but it is ample and it is a great place to work.

Telefonica O2

Business Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGrowth, innovation, culture, reward, digital

ConsDecline, challenging, IPhone, culture, reward

good, but short lived due to redundancies

Prosexcellent commission, i also workeed with some nice people, lots of room to progress and basically easy money to be honest

Conswell, due to the economic downturn i was made redundant last year, last in first out kind of thing !

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery week wee had training, however ,i never felt anything i said was taken seriously by snr management, not good,.

Temporary

Recruitment Advisot (Current Employee)

ProsI was only a temporary worker but my time at o2 was enjoyable. The staff were friendly and work load easily manageable.

ConsOffice is now moving to Dublin, so >20 people are out of a job. Management are not the best, seem to lack communication.

Fast paced delivery environment with a focus on getting the Employee Experience right

Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee)
    Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsGreat environment, both in terms of the physical environment but also the atmosphere

Very positive focus on Customer Service and satisfaction

The employee experience is genuinely something that they work hard on

Competitive package and great flexible benefits

ConsMany Line Managers seem to be promoted due to technical abilities or previous experience and don't necessarily have the skills to be great people managers which can impact the employee experience. There is no "induction" for new line managers to help them through this transition

Limited after work social interaction due to campus location (Slough)

Some decisions can take too long and normally involve going far up the LM chain - there's not much confidence in the LM's to make proactive decisions, even if the rhetoric says otherwise

Telefonica own O2 which gives them great financial backing and O2 are positively impacting on Telefonica, however for larger scale projects it can severely impact the pace of decisions.

Significant stakeholder management is needed at all levels to work around the above two points and also the "politics" of cross functional decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more focus on Line Manager capability, especially at the point of promotion
    Delegate decision making and empower middle managers. Encourage greater risk taking and don't burn people if they get it wrong initially - the rewards are more likely to be greater than the risks.
    Ensure expectations are realistic on large scale projects where multiple countries are involved - be open and honest with employees on the comms around this as well - they'll understand

great

International Bid Manager (Current Employee)

Prosworking environment is very open and people are very friendly

ConsThey speak Catalan. The team was newly established and wasn't very organized

Good company,marketable left with few marketable skills

Allpication Analyst (Former Employee)
    Leeds, England (UK)

ProsExcellent company with great benefits linked to the music and data sides of the business. Very old technologies used in parts of IT so not great for technical career growth but you'd have to be a fool not to develop excellent general skills in business side of IT. Most contracts since have proved O2 is very professional with its head screwed on.

ConsTerrible management of offshore contractors leaves gaping holes in applications that are probably put there as deliberate money spinners for the developers off shore. Offshore guys confided that brown paper bags change hands regularly to allow money spinners into production.

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Telefónica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Telefónica CEO Cesar Alierta. All 169 reviews posted anonymously by Telefónica employees.