Telefónica

Telefónica Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Telefónica President Cesar Alierta

Cesar Alierta

Pros:
  • "Nice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Promote flexible working / allow working from home, where role permits"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "Faceless organisation where if you work in the extremities then you don't get a look-in from senior management"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Lack of appreciation and work life balance"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good

Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

ProsGrowing and partnership, is a multinational enterprise

ConsRotation and the booses are very impositive

Constant change has exhausted good people's patience

User Experience Designer (Current Employee)

ProsInnovation areas get to try out ideas with new and exciting technology, the people are good, some are exceptional especially in wed dev, creative tech and innovation. If you can deliver the work, flexible work life balance is second to none.

ConsA dislocation from the reality of the market, and no real answer to the question of what happens to telcos in a digital future (Hint, you are a dumb pipe). Closing down of the Digital subsidiary not exactly an inspired move - chaos reigns. Any energy or enthusiasm has been wiped out, and pay levels that were below market rate might be acceptable when excitement is flowing - not so now. No real career progression available, and upper management is 99% male, white and predominately Spanish.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop level strategy is unclear, vacuous communication from leaders. Lower level strategy and day to day tactics either non-existent or poorly communicated - honestly, I couldn't tell which. This company has no real vision, chooses to hide behind jargon and management bs.

Great conditions, poor career development.

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Madrid (Spain)

ProsGreat place in terms of working hours, salary, benefits and pressure. Company with a presence in 20 countries, so it is possible to relocate. Superb office and good work atmosphere.

ConsVery large company, few opportunities to make an impact on your own. Poor career development, as you are assigned a task and can be doing that for ages. Even though it has presence in many countries, it does not operate as a multinational, but pretty much as local companies bundled together.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company and wonderful colleagues - Telefonica O2 Czech Republic

Marketing Analyst (Former Employee)
    Prague (Czech Republic)

ProsI was lucky to work with amazing colleagues who were always willing to share their knowledge and know-how with me. I didn´t work that hard and my salary was more than competitive.Company bonuses are exceptional.

Consit was quite difficult to get promotion or get an important point across. My boss ignored my opinion and rather listened to senior workers even though their ideas weren´t always that clever.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive young and motivated workers more space for develompent .

Great company

ProsPeople focused
    Great culture
    Lots of training
    Fast moving

ConsTough industry but makes for a more challenging role

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Very good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPlenty of earning opportunity and was able to progress to assistant branch manager within eighteen months. Very supportive team too.

ConsFaceless organisation where if you work in the extremities then you don't get a look-in from senior management. Before I left they started to squeeze rewards structure and their mystery shopping should never have been the decider on whether a bonus is paid or not. It put too much pressure on staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview staff rewards and client feedback models.

Terrible team

Marketing (Former Employee)
    Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsNice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance. The office is nice and it is a cool industry.

ConsThe team I worked with was full of backstabbing pretentious people who knew nothing about how to make a new business work. They tried to create office politics to cover the fact that they lacked the talent to be able to do their job properly. The project we were working on was exciting, it is a pity the team were always so negative and clueless.

Manager just clocked in and out and had no idea how to build team morale. Her solution was for people to work from home on different days so we could avoid seeing each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management should hire team managers who can solve problems instead of shying away from addressing them.

For the once great O2 things are changing

Marketing Analyst (Current Employee)
    Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsTo be honest I'd say the people still make it and there is great flexibility, so working from home is not a problem

ConsThings are getting a bit tight, so look forward to getting some pretty old kit, out of date software and they don't appear to be investing in either people or equipment

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the customer, not just the brand. Invest in kit to equip and empower your staff to do great work as they want to.

Tech support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent salary for the work you're doing

ConsNo work satisfaction or scope for progression

O2 lost it's way

Store Leader (Former Employee)

ProsGood systems and processes in place.

ConsToo many changes and losing good staff left right and centre

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructuring isn't always the answer.

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Telefónica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Telefónica CEO Cesar Alierta. All 169 reviews posted anonymously by Telefónica employees.